Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers hierarchy set to discuss summer spending plans

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers have planned a crunch budget meeting to take place after tonight’s game with Leicester City.

Owner Eddie Davies and chairman Phil Gartside will sit down with Dougie Freedman to discuss his spending plans – which will include any potential offers to the club’s six out-of-contract players.

Andre Moritz, Zat Knight, Stuart Holden, Arran Lee-Barrett, Tyrone Mears and Chris Eagles can leave for free this summer.

It is expected Freedman will have to scale down the wage bill for next term because of reduced parachute payments from the Premier League and the continued pressure of Financial Fair Play rules.

But the Wanderers boss has identified at least three players he wants to sign this summer, and would also like to offer at least two of his out-of-contract stars a chance to stay on at the Reebok next season.

“As we speak right now the decisions (on out of contract players) have not been made for financial reasons,” he told The Bolton News. “I need to see where the budget is at, and what we are trying to do, before I offer any contracts.

“I’ve got an idea of what I want to do but it comes down to what I’ve got. I might want two – but I can only offer one, or three and can only offer two.

“We’ll sit down after the Leicester game with Phil and that’s the key.

“At that point we’ll decide where we need to go, what the budget will be, whether we can do a bit of business.”

Despite three games remaining of the current season, transfer speculation has already begun in earnest, with Tim Ream and Mark Davies both linked with moves away from the club.

Freedman has denied there has been any contact from other clubs about his players but admits he must be on guard.

“If someone comes in for my players then I need to have a plan,” he added. “I need to expect the unexpected.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wondered briefly if the result against Leicester would have any impact on the budget Dougie is given, but it'll be already sorted ahead of the meeting. 
Can't imagine it will be good news for Dougie.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Looks like Dougie cant win.

Club is happy to be languishing around the doldrums and the fans are not.

He gets fuck all to spend, meaning we are going to be shit this season, if not shitter than last.

Meaning we are going to get bummed again every Saturday, the fans turn on freedman like its all his fault.

In a way, im starting to feel sorry for him, he's trying his best with the worst resources possible.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Will releasing Fat Phil be on the agenda, I wonder? That would save half a million a year straight off.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:Will releasing Fat Phil be on the agenda, I wonder? That would save half a million a year straight off.
Phil is needed to tell Dougie he can't have any money - a vital role in the club.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder how much money he'll be given (if any) hopefully we do business early, but I guess things will be delayed due to the world cup

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A helicopter landed an the reebok today, I am up there for our company's end of year review.

I would assume it was Eddie, It looked like an executive helicopter.

Maybe the heli was full of cash for DF?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:A helicopter landed an the reebok today, I am up there for our company's end of year review.

Let's hope it came to take Dougie away permanently!  Twisted Evil

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:A helicopter landed an the reebok today, I am up there for our company's end of year review.

Going by the "reduced budget" article poor Dougie got nowt to spend.
Still he's "relishing the challenge".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum