Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kellett looked good what about the others

+12
Soul Kitchen
Tigermin
Norpig
observer
wessy
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
karlypants
scottjames30
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
White84
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

With nothing left to play for we are safe big clap thanks Dougie,for the worst season in memory.Being a fool a decided to get myself a season ticket again.In hope.Imagine my delight at seeing Kellett,Iliev,Lester on the bench.Well I've been to many matches and what was that formation last night was WheaterLb,ream well I just could not get my head aroungd it.Why wasnIliev starting instead of the stump Trotter.When Kellett came on he had some fire in his belly and if Beckford wasn't so shit we may have got a goal.kellett had fire in his belly I'm sure none of the kids would have let us down.FFS DF get Iliev,Robinson Kellett and White starting v Sheff W.

Are you really saying he needs to play the kids the day after he played the kids?

I've been saying for a while I don't care about results now we're safe, it's all about experimenting for next season. That happened last night so well done Dougie for me.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Are you really saying he needs to play the kids the day after he played the kids?

I've been saying for a while I don't care about results now we're safe, it's all about experimenting for next season. That happened last night so well done Dougie for me.

Did you go? It was mind numbingly boring. He picked a team to keep the score down.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Are you really saying he needs to play the kids the day after he played the kids?

He picked a team to keep the score down.
..and it worked! Tactical masterclass from our leader.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
..and it worked! Tactical masterclass from our leader.

Indeed. Not sure it's a tactic that will get us promoted though.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought that when Lee came off, we didn't look like we had a clue.

Still fuming we didn't put one of them easy chances away, for professional footballers their shooting is below average .

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kellett pleased with debut

Andy Kellett confessed his pride at making his professional debut in Tuesday evening's clash with Leicester City.

A product of the club's academy system, the 20-year-old full-back was introduced into the fold in place of Rob Hall as a second half substitute alongside fellow under-21 teammate Chris Lester.

Having been a regular for Wanderers' youngsters throughout the past few seasons, the Bolton-born defender couldn't hide his delight at finally stepping out onto the hallowed Reebok turf for the team he has supported since childhood.

“I thought the lads did really well and deserved at least a draw in the end, but to come on and make my professional debut for my hometown club is just a dream come true," he said following the final whistle.

"Leicester are a very good side, but it was just a privilege to get out there and play for my team.

"I felt that I did alright with the amount of time that I was given, but hopefully I will be able to get involved in the next couple of games and show the manager what I can do.

"I'm determined to go away in the summer and come back quicker and stronger to prove to him what I am capable of."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andy Kellett wrote:I thought the lads did really well and deserved at least a draw

Very Happy 

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Andy Kellett wrote:I thought the lads did really well and deserved at least a draw

Very Happy 

What do you expect him to say?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

I enjoyed my debut, the fans were ace, hope to get more game time before the end of the season.

There was no need to lie. If we'd lost 6-0 no one could have complained.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Forget the performance I'm more worried about what he said in that interview, because thats what matters.

transfer list him now.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Forget the performance I'm more worried about what he said in that interview, because thats what matters.

transfer list him now.

Do you not die a little bit inside every time a BWFC player/manager lies to you?

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He's just a kid he was doing is first ever interview and he is a Bolton lad, give him a break, of course knowing our fans the very fact that he is a Bolton lad will possibly make him a target for the doom mongers. (Jimmy Phillips, Nicky Hunt) both spring to mind.

And for the record towing the club line is not a unique Bolton thing, they all do it.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

I enjoyed my debut, the fans were ace, hope to get more game time before the end of the season.

There was no need to lie. If we'd lost 6-0 no one could have complained.
I would !! we defended well against a decent side, it took a quality goal to win the match, Defending is part of the game, that's why you don't see games ending up 10 all. Did we attack enough? no but that does not detract from other aspects of the game.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
I would !! we defended well against a decent side, it took a quality goal to win the match, Defending is part of the game, that's why you don't see games ending up 10 all. Did we attack enough? no but that does not detract from other aspects of the game.

You go to football to watch defending?

Wessy, you need a hobby.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:I thought that when Lee came off, we didn't look like we had a clue.

Still fuming we didn't put one of them easy chances away, for professional footballers their shooting is below average .
On par with the rest of the season... Beckford getting clear and then missing the net in some way, shape or form.  Juke had an off day... since he definitely knows how to score. Had Beckford converted half of his decent chances this season, we would be in the playoffs. That aside, the woeful misses this season have gone to a new height.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:

You go to football to watch defending?

Wessy, you need a hobby.
Even when we had loads of decent players in the prem, we were often the underdogs and there's nothing I enjoyed more than sticking it to the "big clubs". 
We were massive underdogs against Leicester and instead of getting the hammering (scorewise) that many predicted, we lost by a single goal and could have scored a few ourselves. Not our day, but it did show that with better strikers we could compete.
As underdogs we had every right to defend and frustrate the better opposition - it's part and parcel of the game. 
Say what you will but there's always pleasure to be had in not letting better teams stuff us.
I am as sad as Wessy in that respect - I appreciate good defending as much as good attacking.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

there was no pleasure to be had at the Reebok on Tuesday Night just a manager and a team trying desperately to not get a hammering by putting 8 men behind the ball.

If that's your ideas of pleasure fair enough but i would like to see my team at least show some enthusiasm and effort and try to win a game as opposed to trying not to lose.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:there was no pleasure to be had at the Reebok on Tuesday Night just a manager and a team trying desperately to not get a hammering by putting 8 men behind the ball.

If that's your ideas of pleasure fair enough but i would like to see my team at least show some enthusiasm and effort and try to win a game as opposed to trying not to lose.
Trying to win the game? Clearly we did and with better finishing we could have done.

Dougie learned from the away trip to Leicester where we committed more men forward and scored 3 - great if we hadn't shipped FIVE.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:there was no pleasure to be had at the Reebok on Tuesday Night just a manager and a team trying desperately to not get a hammering by putting 8 men behind the ball.

Trying to win the game? Clearly we did and with better finishing we could have done.

Dougie learned from the away trip to Leicester where we committed more men forward and scored 3 - great if we hadn't shipped FIVE.
Your incisive comments are based on  the 90 minutes you watched at the match  I presume ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum