Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was Gary Lineker The Best England Striker That We Have Ever Had?

+2
Keegan
scottjames30
6 posters

The best English Striker.

Was Gary Lineker The Best England Striker That We Have Ever Had? Vote_lcap25%Was Gary Lineker The Best England Striker That We Have Ever Had? Vote_rcap 25% [ 2 ]
Was Gary Lineker The Best England Striker That We Have Ever Had? Vote_lcap75%Was Gary Lineker The Best England Striker That We Have Ever Had? Vote_rcap 75% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm talking about finishing, the fox in the box.

Have we had better? Alan Shearer could find the net too but who was the best ''Striker'' England has had, when football was actually football, Not  1957  stuff.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Was Gary Lineker The Best England Striker That We Have Ever Had? Kevin_keegan

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael ricketts

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The records suggest that Nat Lofthouse was the best England striker, or shall we say goal scorer, and I don't expect his record to be beaten in my lifetime.
Because you don't live it, and this applies to anything, doesn't mean it can be ignored. Pol Pot had cornered the market in that!!!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with SK. 30 goals in 33 games is a marvellous achievement. Back in the fifties there were far fewer international games. No silly European qualifiers against minnows like Moldova, Montenegro and the Faroe islands etc etc. All Nat's goals were scored against a much higher standard of opponent.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I'm talking about finishing, the fox in the box.

Have we had better? Alan Shearer could find the net too but who was the best ''Striker'' England has had, when football was actually football, Not  1957  stuff.
What do you mean by '1957 stuff'? Real men played football then,not the pampered ponces that arse about now,falling over at the slightest touch. My Dad died aged 71,but still turned out for his local team the next day. It took 3 burly navvies to eventually get him in his coffin. I'll go for Nat Lofthouse. Razz

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I'm talking about finishing, the fox in the box.

What do you mean by '1957 stuff'? Real men played football then,not the pampered ponces that arse about now,falling over at the slightest touch.

Oh yeah, I forgot.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:My Dad died aged 71,but still turned out for his local team the next day.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum