Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sky Sports 5

+3
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sky Sports 5 Empty Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 21:53

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes Sky are opening a new Sports channel in readiness for the new season.

This channel will concentrate on European Leagues as well as Champions League and Europe Cup (for this season only as then it goes to BTSport).

But for me it also means I will be able to watch Eredivisie again  Very Happy 

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11061/9342982/sky-sports-launches-sky-sports-5-a-new-channel-dedicated-to-european-football

2Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:15

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFC71 - is there any reason why you love everything about the dutch? Are you dutch?

3Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:BWFC71 - is there any reason why you love everything about the dutch?  Are you dutch?

It's where his favourite tarts reside.

4Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:21

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nope - Born and bred in Bolton!

But I do enjoy the Dutch and did live there, just outside Amsterdam, for just over 6 years (still have an apartment there which is up for sale).

I do enjoy the Dutch people they take the Northern friendliness and do make it even better and they are so open about stuff and do take a very much pragmatic view of life!

But apart from that, I have always liked the Dutch and family tree does go back to having relatives in both Belgium and Holland (as it was in those days).

But Eredivisie s a good league to watch and even been to quite a few games (thanks to a mate having spare tickets), just got hooked and hence why I still follow it.

5Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sky can swivel. I have got BT Sport and I'm sticking with it. Champions League next season as well.

6Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:29

Have you not got your e-mail from BT today, RT?

They're telling me I "need to renew my BT Broadband package" before August, otherwise they're going to start charging me £6.75 a month for my previously free BT Sport channels.

I've been a BT Broadband customer for about ten years now, so why do I suddenly have to renew it?

I smells a rat.....

7Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:30

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Sky can swivel. I have got BT Sport and I'm sticking with it. Champions League next season as well.

Champions League is on BT Sport not next season but from 2015/16 season!

Same goes for Europa League.

8Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Have you not got your e-mail from BT today, RT?

They're telling me I "need to renew my BT Broadband package" before August, otherwise they're going to start charging me £6.75 a month for my previously free BT Sport channels.

I've been a BT Broadband customer for about ten years now, so why do I suddenly have to renew it?

I smells a rat.....

I'm with Virgin and I used to get Setanta, then ESPN and now BT Sport at no extra charge.

9Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:33

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They no doubt want to tie you into a 12 month contract Breadman. I have BT Sports too...Yet to receive a letter though.

10Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is anyone aware of the way to get free Sky TV (Not legally) - The whole packages for a total cost of £60 for the year - Including the big Sky Box Office events.

11Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:39

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Is anyone aware of the way to get free Sky TV (Not legally) - The whole packages for a total cost of £60 for the year - Including the big Sky Box Office events.
Yes.

It requires about thirty yards of co-axial cable, a 15mm drill bit and a stupid next-door neighbour who has Sky and isn't particularly observant...

12Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's one way! But you'd have to watch what they watch Sad

13Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:45

Nick his remote and stand in his garden - sorted.

14Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:46

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing 

15Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Is anyone aware of the way to get free Sky TV (Not legally) - The whole packages for a total cost of £60 for the year - Including the big Sky Box Office events.

Yes. A dude that lives near me does a snide card that covers everything. I'm happy with BT Sport at the moment but if I was home full-time then I would certainly give it a go.

16Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Wed Jun 11 2014, 01:37

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I could do with a snide card too....

Also, bt vision are starting to roll out the new your view boxes as the vision boxes are crap, but guess what... The new bt boxes cant show bt sports because they don't have a viewing card slot... Dear me!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

17Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Wed Jun 11 2014, 10:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I want to give up SKY as it's ridiculously expensive but haven't seen anything that comes near it yet. Snide card sounds good - not that I'd advocate criminal activity of any description.

18Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Wed Jun 11 2014, 13:32

wanderlust wrote:I want to give up SKY as it's ridiculously expensive but haven't seen anything that comes near it yet. Snide card sounds good - not that I'd advocate criminal activity of any description.
Agreed.

TV from Sky and internet / phone from BT.

I get at least two unsolicited pieces of junk-mail from Virgin every week telling me they could do it all for a lot less but when you crunch the numbers, for the same package as I'm getting now, it'd cost about the same.

It's all a big con.

19Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Wed Jun 11 2014, 13:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got rid of Sky last year(kept the broadband)and I now watch everything on Hahasport for free. Froch v Groves,cricket,the All Blacks v England game last Saturday,the choice is endless. A good internet connection,decent hardware and a bit of patience and Bob's yer Uncle. Watching baseball from Japan at the minute.

20Sky Sports 5 Empty Re: Sky Sports 5 Wed Jun 11 2014, 16:10

All this discussion has got me doing some digging which has resulted in me consolidating everything with Sky, the nett result of which is, as of next week, I'll receive a greatly improved TV & Broadband package and save meself thirty quid a month.

Happy days!

Fuck you BT and your £6.75 a month for BT Sport....!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum