Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Terraces; for or against ?

+7
Banks of the Croal
doffcocker
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Terraces; for or against ? Empty Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 10:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Going to Macclesfield on Saturday brought back some memories. 1,100 Wanderers fans packed in like Emperor penguins behind the Silkmen Terrace. Less than two yards from the back of the goal with no roof over our heads and a biting wind coming in across the Cheshire Plains. People smoking in the open air paddock. The only saving grace being the fact that there was no rain.

Great atmosphere, apart from the performance on the pitch. I have got used to having a comfy seat in the Premier league, ( United apart ) and I am not sure if I would want to do it every week.

Happy days, or thanks but no thanks ?

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Mon Jan 09 2012, 13:01; edited 1 time in total

2Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 10:37

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

For me thanks but no thanks even though I have some good memories - but I am older than most posters and when you reach a certain age you start to appreciate the comfort factor more.

3Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 10:43

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Both really if that's possible.

I like seating but I think a better atmosphere is created when fans are stood up. Wouldn't mind a standing section at the reebok personally.

4Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 11:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of my best ever experiences was an FA Cup replay at Southampton back in 1991. Cup fever had swept Bolton and 3000 fans packed the away end. And when I say packed, I mean packed.

When Julian Darby volleyed in what we thought was the winner I have never seen such celebrations, I ended up coughing blood my chest was crushed so tight.

Great days!

5Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 11:36

Natasha Whittam wrote:One of my best ever experiences was an FA Cup replay at Southampton back in 1991. Cup fever had swept Bolton and 3000 fans packed the away end. And when I say packed, I mean packed.

When Julian Darby volleyed in what we thought was the winner I have never seen such celebrations, I ended up coughing blood my chest was crushed so tight.

Great days!

I remember that day, Darby scored in the last minute and we thought we'd won....but then David Felgate went and let a Barry Horne 35 yard hopeful punt squirm through his hands.

6Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 13:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I was there.

Bloody Felgate!

7Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 13:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is the academy goalkeeping coach at Man City!

8Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 14:14

Don't worry, you'll be in League one in a couple of years, perhaps you can ground share with Bury and have your terraces back.

9Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 14:34

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No thanks. For me, its about the difference between comfort and discomfort. I don't think standing up brings much to the experience.
I didn't think the atmosphere at Macclesfield was that special.

10Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 14:36

doffcocker wrote:
I didn't think the atmosphere at Macclesfield was that special.

Pity, it's something you'll have to get used to.

11Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 18:49

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sooner have the all- seater stadiums , but if they wan't to make standing areas for those who want it,fair enough.

Glad i was sat down at Macc,although the people on the Terrace
seemed to be having a good time.

12Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 18:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:Sooner have the all- seater stadiums , but if they wan't to make standing areas for those who want it,fair enough.

Glad i was sat down at Macc,although the people on the Terrace
seemed to be having a good time.

There tended to be less "in-fighting" on the terraces - everywhere you look these days Bolton fans are fighting with each other.

13Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 19:11

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For what its worth I would say bring in some limited terracing, like they are planning in the Scotland. It works well in Germany and in The Netherlands.

Lets try it, if only to make the great atmosphere even better.

14Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 19:13

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Passi wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:One of my best ever experiences was an FA Cup replay at Southampton back in 1991. Cup fever had swept Bolton and 3000 fans packed the away end. And when I say packed, I mean packed.

Great days!

I remember that day, Darby scored in the last minute and we thought we'd won....but then David Felgate went and let a Barry Horne 35 yard hopeful punt squirm through his hands.

And the term flapper Felgate was born.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

15Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Mon Jan 09 2012, 19:14

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Ps. Terraces Rule!

16Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Tue Jan 10 2012, 01:49

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

If there is crowd trouble, I'd rather to be for terraces than against, thank you.

17Terraces; for or against ? Empty Re: Terraces; for or against ? Fri Jan 13 2012, 15:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Terraces for atmosphere everytime.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum