Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grace Dent and the Celebrities who run the world.

+5
largehat
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stan Collymore has had people arrested and jailed for racist tweets and now Grace Dent, who is a journalist, has had someone fired for saying she resembled a "horse"

I might be alone on this but how utterly pathetic and petty can you possibly be.

here's his comment and the exchange that followed.

“@gracedent reminds me of a girlfriend I once had. By girlfriend I mean that time I accidentally made love to an ugly abhorrent horse.”

@gracedent: “I’m wondering, as a public relations person for a firm I work with, what your thinking was in sending me this message?
@mufadal: “it was naive and ill-warranted. I won’t delete it, as I ought to bare the full brunt of my idiocy.” [Not such great English]
@gracedent: “You’ll bear the brunt of your idiocy at 10am tomorrow morning when you’re unemployed. Good luck.”

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I was mufadal I would challenge it in court and bring along a couple of equine experts to confirm that my initial tweet was in fact correct.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Stan Collymore has had people arrested and jailed for racist tweets and now Grace Dent, who is a journalist, has had someone fired for saying she resembled a "horse"

I might be alone on this but how utterly pathetic and petty can you possibly be.

So it's ok to racially abuse someone or call them names for no reason?

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Is he really facing the sack or is this just more twitter bollocks?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Stan Collymore has had people arrested and jailed for racist tweets and now Grace Dent, who is a journalist, has had someone fired for saying she resembled a "horse"

So it's ok to racially abuse someone or call them names for no reason?

how on earth did you glean that from what i posted.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This looks like twitter bollocks to me.

I don't know who Grace Dent is, but if you sack people who have been employed for more than 2 years continuously without following a disciplinary process, it's unfair dismissal.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

how on earth did you glean that from what i posted.

I read that you were having a pop at Collymore and Dent for fighting back against the people that called them names.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No I'm not having a pop necessarily I'm trying to make a larger point, badly maybe, about when does this get out of hand?

It appears, to me anyway, that these incidents, have been given grater credence simply because the source is a celebrity.

I've taken a few insults on Twitter, christ, i've taken a few insults on here. But i haven't attempted to get the person sacked. And if i did, i'd be laughed at down the telephone.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
I've taken a few insults on Twitter, christ, i've taken a few insults on here. But i haven't attempted to get the person sacked. And if i did, i'd be laughed at down the telephone.

You repeatedly reported me to sluffy on BA.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No i didn't.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No I'm not having a pop necessarily I'm trying to make a larger point, badly maybe, about when does this get out of hand?

It appears, to me anyway, that these incidents, have been given grater credence simply because the source is a celebrity.

So what are you saying, that a celebrity should put up with the abuse?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Urm. No, read again.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So who are you calling pathetic & petty?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's petty to have someone sacked for saying you look a Horse personally.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think it's petty to have someone sacked for saying you look a Horse personally.

Why, would you like to be compared to a horse?

But you also included Stan Collymore in your original post, are you saying he is petty for being pissed at being racially abused?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My main point is... if i was called a "peado" or "faggot" both of which has occurred on football forums, one of which by you, and rang your employer. Do you think i'd be taken seriously?

Now, do you think these claims of abuse are being taken more seriously, because the person is a celebrity.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:My main point is... if i was called a "peado" or "faggot" both of which has occurred on football forums, one of which by you, and rang your employer. Do you think i'd be taken seriously?

Now, do you think these claims of abuse are being taken more seriously, because the person is a celebrity.

If you made an official complaint to my company, or any other, that someone was abusing you on works time it would be taken seriously.

If you were black and someone was racially abusing you on Twitter it would be investigated by the police.

It just seems the celebs are getting better/quicker action because it's reported in the media.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thank you for finally giving a serious answer.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Thank you for finally giving a serious answer.

By the way, unless you retract your claim that I called you a "peado" I will have you sacked.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OK, i don't have time for a lengthy court battle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum