Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Macclesfield Town v Bolton Wanderers

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Macclesfield Town v Bolton Wanderers Empty Macclesfield Town v Bolton Wanderers Fri Jul 18 2014, 19:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kick-off: 7:45pm

Starting line-up: Fitzsimons, Riley, Dervite, Bolger, Threlkeld, Vela, Medo, Pratley, Iliev, Lester, C Davies.

Any stream?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've signed Jack Lester? At last a proper goalscorer.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Any stream?
I haven't managed to find one yet unfortunately.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I haven't managed to find one yet fortunately.

I corrected it for you.

Is Fitzsimons the beardy one in that video Sluffy posted?

I have no idea because I no longer eat chicken nuggets.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Is Fitzsimons the beardy one in that video Sluffy posted?

I have no idea because I no longer eat chicken nuggets.

Please confine your opinions to the non-McNuggets section.

You're probably talking about Lonergan.

You should at least google chicken nuggets sometimes for a bit of background knowledge.

bwfc1874 wrote:You're probably talking about Lonergan.

You should at least google chicken nuggets sometimes for a bit of background knowledge.
Given the fact that the camera in said video is strapped onto Lonegan's swede as it captures extensive footage of a beardy bloke playing in goal  during a training session, I seriously doubt that it's him.

Unless there were two cameras......

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are currently losing 1-0

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice little ground is Moss Rose. Went there a couple of seasons ago in the FA Cup.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:We are currently losing 1-0

This is a disaster. What league are Macclesfield even in these days?

Surely it doesn't get much darker than this. Dougie had better resign tonight.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

they're in the conference aren't they? The line up looks more like a reserve team to me.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers will be on soon saying we were unlucky.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Full time: 1-1 Clough equalised on the 81st minute.

279 Bolton fans traveled across, total attendance 650.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Macclesfield Town 1-1 Bolton Wanderers

IN BRIEF

A youthful Wanderers side recorded a 1-1 draw against Macclesfield Town at Moss Rose on Friday evening.

The hosts had opened the scoring inside the first period courtesy of Chris Holroyd’s strike, but substitute Zach Clough was to have the final word as he drilled home an equalising goal nine minutes from time to ensure that the clash ended all square.

FIRST HALF

With Moss Rose bathed in sunshine, both sides made a bright start to proceedings with Chris Lester’s powerful run down the flank run narrowly eluding the advancing Georg Iliev and latterly Joe Riley.

Comfortable in defence, Wanderers looked the more threatening team early on in the clash with Craig Davies and Darren Pratley linking up well with eight minutes gone, only for the Macclesfield keeper to scoop the ball to safety.

Oscar Threlkeld look set to provide the perfect pass three minutes later as, following a well taken touch on the far side, the youngster whipped the ball across the face of goal, but his effort somehow managed to evade anyone inside the Macclesfield box.

The Silk Men had barely managed to get out of their own half of the pitch inside the opening 15 minutes of the game, and Iliev almost punished them with 18 minutes gone as he collected Pratley’s threaded through-ball, but the young striker’s first touch let him down and the keeper collected.

Despite their lack of goalmouth action, the hosts almost took the lead in some style with a curling long range effort, but the Macclesfield man saw his shot rebound off the woodwork with Ross Fitzsimons beaten.

The chance appeared to buoy the home side, and they proceeded to take the lead against the run of play as Chris Holroyd bundled his way through the Bolton defence, collecting the ball after it rebounded off Cian Bolger, before firing past the Whites’ keeper with 22 minutes gone.

A shock to the system for Wanderers, the Silk Men were visibly boosted by their goal and began to pepper the Bolton goal with shots and pressure including a looping effort which forced Fitzsimons into a smart save.

Bolton themselves however still looked to be a threat on the counter attack, with the pace of Lester putting Macclesfield under pressure as the half drew to its conclusion but his determination was in vain as the hosts held on to lead at the break.

SECOND HALF

Wanderers started well inside the opening stages of the second period, with Lester’s looping ball narrowly eluding the goalmouth and nestling on top of the net.

Macclesfield themselves looked eager to extend their lead, and were only denied by a well-timed tackle from Dorian Dervite who calmly collected the ball and cleared it to safety.

Tom Youngs, a half time substitute for fellow academy graduate Iliev, attempted to fire Wanderers level in style with 58 minutes gone, but the youngster’s swivel and volley flew wide of the upright.

Dougie Freedman introduced development squad regulars Yannick Bastos and Zach Clough shortly after the hour mark in a bid to bring Wanderers level in the clash, with the latter’s mazy run from midfield moments after entering the field worthy of more.

Davies also enjoyed an opportunity to equalise shortly after as he powered into the Macclesfield penalty area, but the frontman’s powerful shot was well held by Ritchie Branagan.

With the clock ticking down, the Whites threw men forward in search of a goal and threw Conor Wilkinson into the mix, fresh from his goal against Bamber Bridge for BWFC XI last weekend.

The decision to introduce the young striker paid dividends with nine minutes to go as the frontman powered down the left flank before laying the ball off for Clough who fired past Branagan to level the scores.

Both sides pushed for a winner as the game drew to its conclusion, but neither could break the deadlock further as the clash ended all square.

FULL TIME

Bolton: Fitzsimons, Riley (Sellars 80), Dervite, Bolger, Threlkeld, Vela, Medo (White 77), Pratley (Clough 64), Iliev (Youngs, 46), Lester (Bastos 64), C Davies (Wilkinson 77)
Subs: Campbell, Woodland, Holding, Maher, Knight, Walker, Hughes, Mills, Moxey, Feeney, Spearing, Beckford

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum