Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Super John - ''We can go unbeaten until end of the season''

+4
Reebok Trotter
largehat
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm not sure what this guy has been smoking in the good old US of A but from his weekly colulmn in the Bolton News he thinks we can go unbeaten until the end of the season.

''The key is getting off to a winning start against Swansea on Saturday. If we do that, I genuinely believe we can use the result as a springboard to lift us out of the bottom three.

It has boiled down to the fact we probably need something from each and every game to survive. And I’m looking at those three games – Spurs at home, Sunderland away and Stoke away – as the really tricky ones.''

''I’ve gone for a draw in each of them but to be honest, I’d take a win in the first one at Sunderland and lose the other two if it meant putting more distance between ourselves and QPR.''

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No offence to all the McGinlay fans on here but he doesn't half talk crap sometimes.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

No offence to all the McGinlay fans on here but he doesn't half talk crap sometimes.

I insist that Aaron is banned for life.

I read this yesterday and had to laugh because he has predicted us to draw our next 3 away games. I can't remember the last away game we drew must have been late 2010/early 2011. So to draw three in a row is pretty unlikely.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:

I insist that Aaron is banned for life.

If only you had the power to do that......oh wait.

But seriously if Coyle had come out with that you would be calling for his head.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When has McGinlay ever got anything wrong?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's interesting that a bona fide BWFC legend makes some positive predictions and even he is mocked for daring to not be a negative, whinging twat.

Not that I can see us drawing our final three away games either, but you do get some funny results at this time of the season, particularly when clubs with something to play for play clubs with nothing to play for.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote: particularly when clubs with something to play for play clubs with nothing to play for.

Stoke away for our last game of the season is a prime example. I can see us winning that one.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well it's interesting that the usual suspects haven't gone in on him for being a liar, a fanny, and lacking honesty.

Largehat didn't you go in on me when i said QPR would pick up some "funny end of the season results against the big clubs"?

glad you've changed your tune! Wink

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've not changed my tune, for two reasons.

1 - the fixtures we were discussing weren't at the end of the season IMO

2 - QPR were on a terrible run and it was my view that their defeat at the Reebok was a devastating result for them and would knock the stuffing out of them.

What is seemingly completely lost on a lot of the naysayers on this forum is that BWFC are not on a terrible run.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

What is seemingly completely lost on a lot of the naysayers on this forum is that BWFC are not on a terrible run.

0 points from 6, no goals scored. Yeah, great run.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I've not changed my tune, for two reasons.

1 - the fixtures we were discussing weren't at the end of the season IMO

2 - QPR were on a terrible run and it was my view that their defeat at the Reebok was a devastating result for them and would knock the stuffing out of them.

fair enough, though i wasn't 100% spot on, i did predict that the so called "tougher fixtures" were anything but.

i was proven right by Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and UTD's lackluster performances against some of the lesser sides.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

You need more than 2 of something for it to class a run of results.

20 points from 16.
9 points from 5.

We played really well at Newcastle as well, probably the first away game this season where we deserved a point and got nothing.

Natasha no amount of trolling from you is going to convince me we're on a terrible run.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're on a better run than

West Brom
Liverpool
Fulham
Norwich
Swansea
Stoke
Sunderland
Spurs
Villa
Blackburn
Wolves

Imagine how bad their form must be if ours is "terrible"

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At this stage of the season your last couple of weeks results are what's going to impact on your morale/confidence. Our last victory might only have been three games ago but it seems like a long time ago.

Dire run, dire manager, dire club, going down.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We're on a better run than

West Brom
Liverpool
Fulham
Norwich
Swansea
Stoke
Sunderland
Spurs
Villa
Blackburn
Wolves

Pointless. The only team we have to have better form than is QPR.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

West Brom
Liverpool
Fulham
Norwich
Swansea
Stoke
Sunderland
Spurs
Villa
Blackburn
Wolves

Pointless. The only team we have to have better form than is QPR.

No, it's just proof we're not on a "terrible" run.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It isn't pointless, it's logically absurd to say we're on a terrible run when there are 12 teams out of 20 in the division on a worse run than us. It just demonstrates you're either dim, a troll, or a dim troll.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I respect McGinlay for the letter he wrote to Megson.

But he doesn't make a habit of talking sense. I think he was the only fan that still wanted Davies in the side earlier in the season, and even had a bit of a go at the fans for wanting him dropped.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

[quote="Hipster_Nebula"][quote="Natasha Whittam"]

West Brom
Liverpool
Fulham
Norwich
Swansea
Stoke
Sunderland
Spurs
Villa
Blackburn
Wolves

Who gives two hoots about them teams, they are safe, bar 2 who are already pretty much gone.

We on the other hand are in the relegation zone having won only 3 league games in 10, we're not on exactly the best run either.

To say we played well at Newcastle is all well and good but we still lost at the end of the day, just a shame it took a piss poor performance against Fulham to spark them into life.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

3 wins from 5, tache

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum