Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+34
Soul Kitchen
wessy
NickFazer
jussi22
B.D.P
Bwfc1958
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
bryan458
finlaymcdanger
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
carrs
Barryjw
terenceanne
Mr Magoo
JAH
Reebok_Rebel
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Sluffy
Keegan
White84
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
karlypants
wanderlust
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 50]

261Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 02 2014, 15:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't think this is about ambition or lack of, I can't believe Eddie Davies is sat in his gold tower thinking "I love being bottom of the Championship". And I don't believe Davies hasn't sacked Freedman because he can't afford to - clubs always find the cash to sack managers.

The club were guilty of keeping Coyle on too long so there's clearly a precedent for giving managers a chance. And let's face it, in both Freedman's seasons as manager we've had some good runs of form - and perhaps this is what Davies is clinging to.

But lose at home to Sheffield Wednesday and Freedman will have to go. We all know it.

This is a far more balanced appraisal from you than usual - I'm impressed.
I agree that they're hoping it will turn out well and their presence at Leeds would have given them reason to have faith. Not sure if losing to SW would be the final straw though.
And don't believe that ED would say there's no money but I'll make an exception to change managers. I think they've already gone too far down this road to change direction quickly.

262Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 02 2014, 15:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
And don't believe that ED would say there's no money but I'll make an exception to change managers. I think they've already gone too far down this road to change direction quickly.

It's surprising how often the real prospect of relegation can force a managerial sacking. BWFC might not have the funds to pay off Freedman and his cronies, but they certainly can't afford the drop in revenue being in League 1 brings.

263Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

It's surprising how often the real prospect of relegation can force a managerial sacking. BWFC might not have the funds to pay off Freedman and his cronies, but they certainly can't afford the drop in revenue being in League 1 brings.

Putting aside parachute payments which are due to end anyway, what is the actual difference in revenue between Championship and L1 sides income assuming home gates will be roughly the same?

I would have thought there would be very little difference in the scheme of things so it shouldn't be a significant factor which league we're in - financially at least.

264Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:11

I don't think home gates will be anywhere near the same, meself.

We won't sell anywhere near 10,000 season tickets and we won't be able to rely on the away fans swelling the ranks, as happens now when we play Leeds, Blackburn, Forest, Sheff Wednesday et al.

I reckon we'd be looking at average home gates well under 10,000.

Match day concessions would suffer.

Then there'd be less TV money as well.

Sponsorship would dry up.

I can't put a figure on any of this, but it would still have an impact, surely?

We've no money now, so fuck knows what'd happen if we went down.......

265Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I don't think home gates will be anywhere near the same, meself.

We won't sell anywhere near 10,000 season tickets and we won't be able to rely on the away fans swelling the ranks, as happens now when we play Leeds, Blackburn, Forest, Sheff Wednesday et al.

I reckon we'd be looking at average home gates well under 10,000.

Match day concessions would suffer.

Then there'd be less TV money as well.

Sponsorship would dry up.

I can't put a figure on any of this, but it would still have an impact, surely?

We've no money now, so fuck knows what'd happen if we went down.......

Hard to say about gates. Winning in L1 as opposed to losing in the championship? It may be close.

266Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:42

Just shows how far we've slipped, doesn't it?

Four games in and already, we're running the computer models and the algorithms to see if survival in League One is viable.

Just hope Gartside's doing the same......

267Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we will have a new owner at some point during the season.

268Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Just shows how far we've slipped, doesn't it?

Four games in and already, we're running the computer models and the algorithms to see if survival in League One is viable.

Well this is the worst start since the 2013/14 season....

269Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:54

That long.....?

Seems like only yesterday......

270Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I think we will have a new owner at some point during the season.

I am genuinely worried that Nixon's comment about ED pulling the plug is true.

If there was any truth in my theory that we were undergoing a period of austerity whilst non-football investments were maturing I could have handled a season or three in the lower leagues.

However if ED has no intention of supporting the re-emergence of BWFC with the fruit of those investments then indeed we do need a new owner.

271Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 02 2014, 17:06

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Being an owner or director of a football club is about the prestige of it all.  Not the money.  Not many clubs actually make a profit season to season.  So Garty who fancies himself a football heavyweight with the league etc...must now be a laughing stock on the golf course. His opinion on football matters is worthless. So just on that basis you would think he would like to been seen to be having success among his peers.  As far Eddie I don't know what he thinks about ..... maybe it's just a hobby or pastime for him.

272Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 02 2014, 17:28

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

terenceanne wrote:Being an owner or director of a football club is about the prestige of it all.  Not the money.  Not many clubs actually make a profit season to season.  So Garty who fancies himself a football heavyweight with the league etc...must now be a laughing stock on the golf course. His opinion on football matters is worthless. So just on that basis you would think he would like to been seen to be having success among his peers.  As far Eddie I don't know what he thinks about ..... maybe it's just a hobby or pastime for him.
Seems to me that Eddie is behaving this season like an "absentee landlord". Whilst Gartside the mouthpiece for the board/club has remained remarkably silent. One has only got to think back to the heady days of the premiership when you could hardly shut him up!

273Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Johnny Williams on loan (rumour)

274Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Johnny Williams on loan (rumour)

who does he play for Boggers? Never heard of him.

275Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've never heard of him either, so let's guess at Palace?

276Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've never heard of him either, so let's guess at Palace?
 good guess Nat, i've just looked him up on wiki.

277Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 08 2014, 21:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Predictable. His obsession with Palace is clouding his judgement.

278Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 08 2014, 22:10

He writes decent film music though........

And given our current situation, we could do with some violins playing sad minor chords and encapsulating the mood at the Macron........

279Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Sep 10 2014, 14:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owen Garvan signing imminent

280Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Sep 10 2014, 15:37

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who pig

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum