Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst of Times Being a Bolton Fan???

+4
luckyPeterpiper
bryan458
scottjames30
Banks of the Croal
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Worst of Times Being a Bolton Fan??? Empty Worst of Times Being a Bolton Fan??? Sat Oct 04 2014, 18:55

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Think this it for me I hate The Whole Macron/Reebok Experience at the Moment.

Maybe it's my age but there just doesn't seem to be any Passion from the Crowd ... nothing like it was at Burnden in the 60s/70s.

Last edited by Banks of the Croal on Sat Oct 04 2014, 19:00; edited 1 time in total

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The football is as bad as ive ever seen, poor quality and the team is just boring to watch, I was looking at some clouds and planes for ages, then I left with seven minutes left, we could be still playing now and we wouldn't of scored.

And we will be in League 1 next season.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Scott I've been going since 1968, and its the worst I've ever seen!!!!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bryan458 wrote:Scott I've been going since 1968, and its the worst I've ever seen!!!!
I've been going since 1976 and I agree with bryan. Even in the div4 days the atmosphere was nothing like as bad as the current situation. Not only is the football dire but the debt means we can't even start to make any kind of improvements to the playing squad yet, at least not big ones. 

Whoever the new manager is I really hope he knows how to get the best out of our current personnel because I don't think he'll be able to replace them for some time. 

That said I believe we should be higher up the league, mid table at least and with the right sort of motivation these players should be able to get us there. 

But in all honesty I fear that as long as Edwin Davies sticks with Gartside and the current incumbents in the boardroom we may never get a manager capable of getting the players to perform the way they've shown they can. We've seen flashes here and there that prove some of these lads CAN do it but no real sign of how to make them perform to their best consistently.

People refer to our time in the Fourth Division as though it was terrible.

It wasn't - We were only there for one season and we got promoted.

I rather enjoyed it.

Just saying.......

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:People refer to our time in the Fourth Division as though it was terrible.

I rather enjoyed it.

Just saying.......

That day at Wrexham is up there as one of my favourite days, Robbie Savage was a hero back then, no not the blonde pussy one either.

But back on topic, these fuckers would take some beating as being the worst.

Brilliant wasn't it?

At half four we were finishing the season in fifth place and looking forward to the play-offs.

Savage scores, two other results suddenly went our way with a couple of quick goals going in (Scunny and Scarborough?) and we were up!

Cue pitch invasion, crossbar snapping and ecstatic celebrations.

Possibly the best away game I've ever attended.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

It was pretty dour under the short reigns of Jimmy McElroy and Jimmy Meadows.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Worst in terms of atmos,ability,teams come and out pass us.
Pratley failed to even make a challenge for there 1st goal,as well as the other defenders.
Lost my will to go.
I think a holiday is needed.My will to go is at it's lowest ever.All the good work put in buy Rioch,Todd and BSA to get us where we were and the reality that we may go lower and lower.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:People refer to our time in the Fourth Division as though it was terrible.

I rather enjoyed it.

Just saying.

loved it too, my first season following the Whites, great characters like Savage and Sumo and Dean Crombie was a great centre half!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum