Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm sick of hearing about Madeleine McCann

+7
Angry Dad
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
largehat
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They're not all "older" though are they, one is a baby and i can see 3 or 4 who would probably be in primary school.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

aaron_bwfc wrote:
It certainly helps the family has a lot of money, though the only thing that slightly annoys me about the whole thing is them selling books on it and getting into Wembley to see the FA cup semi final for sod all.

Great post. Sums it all up for me.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The McCanns feel guilty because they let Madeleine down. The subsequent witch hunt by the Pork and Cheese authorities simply compounded their abject misery.

Until you lose a child I don't think you can ever truly understand how terrible life must be.

FWIW I believe her parents were not involved in any aspect of her disappearance whatsoever. Yes, they were on holiday and let their guard down by leaving the kids unattended and they have to live with that terrible thought every single day of their lives. The most likely scenario is that Maddie was kidnapped by a predatory paedophile and she is most likely with the angels. I do hope not but that's what I think.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:The McCanns feel guilty because they let Madeleine down. The subsequent witch hunt by the Pork and Cheese authorities simply compounded their abject misery.

Until you lose a child I don't think you can ever truly understand how terrible life must be.

FWIW I believe her parents were not involved in any aspect of her disappearance whatsoever. Yes, they were on holiday and let their guard down by leaving the kids unattended and they have to live with that terrible thought every single day of their lives. The most likely scenario is that Maddie was kidnapped by a predatory paedophile and she is most likely with the angels. I do hope not but that's what I think.
Spot on, and im not sick of it i hope it has an ending one way or the other.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The case of Claudia Lawrence who went missing without a trace has also attracted an awful lot of publicity. She wasn't a child but her disappearance still caused huge press interest.

The media seemed to focus on her busy sex life but as a single woman who are they to judge her on who she slept with ? I reckon she was abducted off the street on her way to work and that, like Madeline, she is also at peace.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:The case of Claudia Lawrence who went missing without a trace has also attracted an awful lot of publicity. She wasn't a child but her disappearance still caused huge press interest.

The media seemed to focus on her busy sex life but as a single woman who are they to judge her on who she slept with ? I reckon she was abducted off the street on her way to work and that, like Madeline, she is also at peace.
Dead you mean and roaming about the inbetween fretting over what happened to them not sure if they are really dead or in a dream.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Dead you mean and roaming about the inbetween fretting over what happened to them not sure if they are really dead or in a dream.

For all we know she could be under the sea in an Octopus's garden. Whenever they showed the image of Claudia I always thought she had a sad smile as if there was something missing in her life.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

LH and HN, I can't believe your attitudes ! Before spouting shite about leaving children to disappear in to history, just because you two are bored with it, is absolutely ridiculous. If you had bothered your arses, you would have seen that this investigation has been ongoing for a year, along with a Portuguese one, and that the British Police are going through 40,000 pieces of paper, and have currently realised 195 leads, with one of them apparently being very 'promising.. The main reason this case is continuing is because the Portuguese police fucked up the case, and the inspector in charge has even admitted to making errors, and the chances of finding a child (the name doesn't always matter' who was stolen from her parents, ws lost. Unfortunately, he managed to sway the Portuguese public opinion to, like yourself, lose interest.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry mate, but you fundamentally misinterpreted everything i said about it.

My main gripe isn't that the case is continuing it's the garish media obsession with this little girl.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Sorry mate, but you fundamentally misinterpreted everything i said about it.

My main gripe isn't that the case is continuing it's the garish media obsession with this little girl.

Yep, this. I've said several times my thread was mainly about the media.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Ok guys, my error, I'll go and get the cat back from the other side of the garden Smile

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm going to start an animal abuse thread just for you Smile

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm Welsh, were allowed certain animal rights Smile

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Didn't some once say something about 'giving people what they want!'.

Isn't that simply what the media is doing?

Ok many from this forum might be 'bored' with it all by now - but I don't really think we are the audience that the media is aiming at - there's probably many people who do want to hear and read about the child / family.

I'm thinking that if sales in the papers, magazines, etc, that carry the story fall dramatically enough, then we would soon find that it is covered a great deal less than it is currently.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You make a good point of course, Mail and Express readers love this kind of thing.

BTW the Express during the height of the "maddy" affair released 100 consecutive front pages with her on, incredible.

the mail and express, i think, see the Mccanns as the ideal family. Wealthy, well educated parents, young family, not divorced etc etc.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

the mail and express, i think, see the Mccanns as the ideal family. Wealthy, well educated parents, young family, not divorced etc etc.

They're right aren't they?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

well it's a matter of opinion isn't it, but thats their view, and thats why they continue to dedicate page after page to this child, while neglecting the plight of similar cases.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:well it's a matter of opinion isn't it, but thats their view, and thats why they continue to dedicate page after page to this child, while neglecting the plight of similar cases.

Just admit that a well educated couple with two kids who love each other is the perfect family. No one will kill you for saying it.

You keep mentioning these similar cases, give me one similar case to this one in the last 5 years.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd have to know the couple deeply to declare them the perfect family, and i don't so no i won't make a sweeping generalisation like that.

i posted a tonne of missing children, which included primary school kids and babies and you decided were too old to deserve any press coverage.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

They weren't so perfect when they thought it was OK to leave their kids unattended in an unlocked apartment in a foreign country, despite the existence of a babysitting service and a creche.

I can't believe Natasha is trolling about how perfect the middle classes are in one thread, and accusing me, a person who describes himself as working class, as someone who might consider themselves too good to buy stuff on eBay in another!

And Sluffy wants me to promote Natasha to friends I have on another site. She's going to drive them to despair if any of them rock up on here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum