Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Champions League final.

+7
Lyric Todkill
gloswhite
Copper Dragon
largehat
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Champions League final. Empty Champions League final. Thu Apr 26 2012, 10:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Allianz Arena holds 66,000 and yet Chelsea have only been allocated 25,000 tickets. How many tickets are being allocated to the hosts ? Summat stinks.

2Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Thu Apr 26 2012, 11:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know for a fact, but it's probably 50/50 with a huge amount going to the corporate side.

3Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Thu Apr 26 2012, 11:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well if they allocate 25,000 to Bayern it means 16,000 tickets go to UEFA for corporate sponsorship. Talk about pigs with their snouts in the trough. It's the same at Wembley for the FA Cup. It holds 90,000 seats yet only 25,000 tickets are allocated to Liverpool and Chelsea. That's 40,000 tickets for the prawn sandwich brigade. I always thought the FA Cup was for the fans ?

4Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Thu Apr 26 2012, 12:21

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Doesn't Wembley have a nuteral section or is that another ground?

As for ticket allocations, it's been like that for a while. a lot of tickets seemed to get dished out for FA members and sponsors, ITV for example.

I don't think it's right personally but sadly that's the way it is.

5Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Thu Apr 26 2012, 12:50

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You're right, Aaron. The middle tier at Wembley is for the exclusive use of Club Wembley members, who have their own seat for most major events as part of the ten year package deals the FA marketed when the thing was being built.

They get tickets for

- All England senior home games
- The FA Cup Final
- Both FA Cup Semi Finals
- The FA Community Shield
- The Football League Cup Final
- The Rugby League Challenge Cup Final

I imagine they get priority on other events too, like when the CL Final was there.

6Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Thu Apr 26 2012, 13:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ah yes I knew I wasn't going mad.....yet!

I can't imagine many people outside london are part of Club Wembley.

7Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Thu Apr 26 2012, 13:45

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

They have an interesting system where Club Wembley members who can't attend can legitimately transfer their tickets for that one game to a friend.

2 days before the Stoke game last year, a friend who I sometimes see at the rugby asked me for my email address. 5 minutes later I got 2 eTickets to the semi final in my inbox, with my name printed on them.

Obviously by that stage myself and everyone I knew already had tickets, as we hadn't even sold out our allocation, and I wanted to sit with Wanderers fans in any case. I managed to sell one of them for £20, and the other went unused.

But it's good that they can transfer the tickets, it is a shame though because most of the time when you see Wembley on the telly that middle tier is only half full.

My other bug bear is that the best seats in the ground, on the half way line on the side the TV cameras are on, on the lower tier, is always empty for 5-10 minutes after the second half of a game kicks off, while the bloody prawn sandwich lot finish off their soufflé, or whatever it is posh twats eat. It looks awful.

8Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Thu Apr 26 2012, 13:57

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

You've picked up on one of my pet hates about Wembley, especially when England are playing.

People have paid good money to go and see England, sat up in the gods where it's like watching fifa 12 and doing their best to get to the kiosks before the 2nd half, whilst the people sitting in the 'posh seats' don't give two hoots about football don't bother going back to their seats for at least 20mins after half time with a much better view.

p.s. 1,000 not out! Very Happy

9Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Thu Apr 26 2012, 21:46

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Septic Bladder has to make a bit of brass some how and then there's all the hangers on and sponsors.

10Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Thu Apr 26 2012, 21:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I like prawn sandwiches, but have yet to eat them on the half-way line at Wembley. When I do, I shall let you all know Very Happy

11Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Thu Apr 26 2012, 22:16

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I doubt you ever will, gloswhite. Have you seen the prices for membership of the Bobby Moore club?

http://www.wembleystadium.com/Club-Wembley/~/media/Files/WNSL/WembleyStadium/Club%20Wembley%20downloads/Pricing%20inc%20VAT%202012.ashx

£15,640 'license fee' + £7,585 per year to join the wankers on the half way line.

12Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Thu Apr 26 2012, 23:00

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

largehat wrote:I doubt you ever will, gloswhite. Have you seen the prices for membership of the Bobby Moore club?

http://www.wembleystadium.com/Club-Wembley/~/media/Files/WNSL/WembleyStadium/Club%20Wembley%20downloads/Pricing%20inc%20VAT%202012.ashx

£15,640 'license fee' + £7,585 per year to join the wankers on the half way line.

Adam Smith should never have invented supply and demand

13Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Thu Apr 26 2012, 23:37

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lyric Todkill wrote:
largehat wrote:I doubt you ever will, gloswhite. Have you seen the prices for membership of the Bobby Moore club?

Without wishing to sound pedantic, he didn't invent it, he observed and wrote about it.

14Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Fri Apr 27 2012, 05:50

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

largehat wrote:
Lyric Todkill wrote:

Without wishing to sound pedantic, he didn't invent it, he observed and wrote about it.

I know that

15Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Fri Apr 27 2012, 12:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

LH, you're probably right, but I am investing on a regular basis to cover such things, its called Euromillions Smile

16Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Sat Apr 28 2012, 20:42

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Champions League final. CHelseaDOC3Talking about the champions league final seems a good place to say - how gorgeous is the Chelsea physio?
Do you reckon John Terry has tubbed her yet? It is no wonder Drogba spends so much time on the floor pretending he's injured.

17Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Sat Apr 28 2012, 21:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

looking at her i'd like to think she's above laying down with tossers like Terry and Cole.

18Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Sat Apr 28 2012, 21:48

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

She was AVB's shag piece by all accounts, no doubt terry was all over her like a fucking rash when he got the boot.

19Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Sun Apr 29 2012, 11:52

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Very average.

20Champions League final. Empty Re: Champions League final. Mon May 21 2012, 12:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Champions League final. Article-2147076-132F89A9000005DC-587_634x391

Isn't he a Fulham fan? Or is it Villa? Can never remember with these Prime minsisters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum