Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING: FA APPROACH ROY HODGSON

+10
wanderlust
bwfc71
Mr Magoo
Banks of the Croal
largehat
Michael Bolton
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1BREAKING: FA APPROACH ROY HODGSON  Empty BREAKING: FA APPROACH ROY HODGSON Sun Apr 29 2012, 19:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

hahahahahaha

Very Happy

Is this a joke?????

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Haha Old Arry is gonna be one pissed off man this evening.

To be fair to Roy he has a good record at international level.

Hope he is still pissed off on Wednesday and hope Roy has his mind on other things next Sunday, could actually work out well for us.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Roy is a steady pair of hands whereas Harry has baggage. I don't think Roy is a bad choice if he gets the job I will relate a tale I heard about Roy.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It worries me what happened at Liverpool.

He had them playing negative, defensive, cautious football when they needed to be setting out to score goals and win games.

Isn't England exactly the same?

The FA are their own worst enemies. If they just went with the candidate that the majority of the country want for once, it's not them that look like the idiots at the end of it.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Roy? The man who failed at Liverpool and Blackburn?
I just don't understand it, Harry is who the whole nation wants and would give the whole England national team a huge boost and feel good feeling. I really do think under Harry England could win it. Under Roy, not a chance.
Stupid FA. They get it wrong everytime. Sven, McLaren, Fabio. Hopeless.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some might say Harry has baggage.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Quite amazing, all the Spurs fans are gutted as they want Harry to leave Spurs. Quite funny reading their comments, they think they are a huge club who are under achieving.
http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/players-lounge/27815-west-brom-give-england-permission-speak-roy-2.html

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

haha i love that picture of Krusty as you open the link.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's funny how fast people's opinions of managers change.

A lot of the people on my Facebook that were saying Redknapp just had to be brought in back when Capello walked, now think Hodgson is by far the better manager!

Could that be to do with a bad few months for Spurs? Yes.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yep football fans are fickle and largely clueless.

"what have you done for me lately?"

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:It worries me what happened at Liverpool.

He had them playing negative, defensive, cautious football when they needed to be setting out to score goals and win games.

Isn't England exactly the same?

The FA are their own worst enemies. If they just went with the candidate that the majority of the country want for once, it's not them that look like the idiots at the end of it.

It's easy to criticize Hodgson's tenure at Liverpool but it's as if the dice was loaded from the start. Dalglish has spent in excess of 100 million ( 35 mill on Carroll ) and they wont even qualify for the Europa League. West Brom are only 3 points behind Liverpool so who is the better manager?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I thought Roy was the best choice when Capello quit. His credentials make a mockery of Redknapp's.

I blame this assumption in the media that Redknapp was the clear choice on their love affair with Tottenham Hotspur, which is second only to their love for West Ham United.

Redknapp has been at Tottenham for four years and won nothing, although he has got them into the CL once. In fact, in 20 years, his sole success is winning the FA Cup with Portsmouth, which was achieved by bankrupting the club.

There have been issues regarding Harry's financial affairs both as a private individual and as a football manager in the pasr, and the FA have long memories. They don't want to end up with another situation like that with Venables, who did a great job but then resigned to concentrate on legal bollocks.

Roy Hodgson was brilliant as manager of Switzerland and has been successful all round Europe. People will remember his tenure at Liverpool as it was so recent and it didn't work out, but that short reign was sandwiched between fantastic work at Fulham and West Brom. My only issue with Hodgson is that age is not on his side, but he is still slightly younger than Redknapp.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I thought Roy was the best choice when Capello quit. His credentials make a mockery of Redknapp's.

I blame this assumption in the media that Redknapp was the clear choice on their love affair with Tottenham Hotspur, which is second only to their love for West Ham United.

Redknapp has been at Tottenham for four years and won nothing, although he has got them into the CL once. In fact, in 20 years, his sole success is winning the FA Cup with Portsmouth, which was achieved by bankrupting the club.

There have been issues regarding Harry's financial affairs both as a private individual and as a football manager in the pasr, and the FA have long memories. They don't want to end up with another situation like that with Venables, who did a great job but then resigned to concentrate on legal bollocks.

Roy Hodgson was brilliant as manager of Switzerland and has been successful all round Europe. People will remember his tenure at Liverpool as it was so recent and it didn't work out, but that short reign was sandwiched between fantastic work at Fulham and West Brom. My only issue with Hodgson is that age is not on his side, but he is still slightly younger than Redknapp.

This.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hodgson doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Banks of the Croal wrote:Hodgson doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

I must agree sir.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So would you two rather it went to old Droopy, or do you have someone else in mind?

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not sure, maybe "Twitchy", but definitely not Hodgson, just my opinion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum