Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Max Clayton thrilled to open his Bolton account

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Max Clayton praised Wanderers’ collective team effort as he scored his first goal for the club in Friday evening’s 3-1 victory over Wigan Athletic.

The striker opened the scoring for the Whites against the Latics, collecting Lee Chung-Yong’s threaded pass before slotting the ball beneath Wigan goalkeeper Scott Carson.

A goal which marked his first start for the club since his recent move from Crewe Alexandra, the 20-year-old admitted his delight at opening his account for the Trotters and praised his team-mates for their emphatic display at Macron Stadium.

“It was great to finally score having missed a couple of chances in the last few games, but the gaffer had a lot of confidence in me going into the match, so I had a feeling that I’d score,” said the forward. “For it to go through the keeper’s legs and hit the back of the net was a great feeling.

“I didn’t think that Chungy had seen me when I broke away, so when it got reversed to me I couldn’t believe it at first.

“When the keeper came out though, I took it as early as I could and it went in, so I’m happy with that.

“I feel like I should definitely have had another one, but it was a great team effort – we had a lot of shots and attempts on target which is what we need.

“The gaffer had encouraged us to shoot on sight a lot more and we really smelt blood when we went forward, feeling like we could get more, but 3-1 is still a very good result.

“The manager fills us with confidence going into each game, and we really feel like we can attack teams and beat them heavily – as you can see out there, we are all full of belief and it was a great team performance.”

Clayton also reserved praise for the club’s supporters, with the striker believing that the backing the team received played a crucial part in helping the Whites secure all three points.

“The fans played a massive part in the game – they really pulled us through,” he said. “It’s been a difficult period for the club, but hopefully we’re out of that now and we can make this place a fortress.

“I’m just so pleased for all the players and staff and especially the management staff, because they’ve come in and made such a difference.

“We’re only looking up now – all we can do is worry about ourselves and four wins from six games is a really good start. “

Source

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm thrilled that he scored as well.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum