Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alan Turing national hero

+7
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
White84
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Alan Turing national hero Empty Alan Turing national hero Thu Nov 13 2014, 00:11

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

His brilliance saved thousands of lives and his code breaking led Hitler to believe that even after the invasion at Normandy,we were still planning another landing at Calais.
Given an OBE after the war,he was later charged ( disgustingly) Becuase he was Gay.A sad indictment on 50's society.
Forced to take female hormones,he still kept great humour.
However 2 years later he commited suicide,to this day no one is quite sure if he was carrying out an experiment.

He was given a reprieve on his conviction in 2013.

Nobody will ever know how many lives he saved and what part he had in winning the War.

A great mind who invented the Modern Computer with his massive machines that intercepted the Enigma codes messages on a daily basis.

A Great Britain persecuted for being Gay.Very Sad!

R.i.P Alan Turning a great Briton. :uk:

2Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Thu Nov 13 2014, 06:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't know until recently that the Apple logo was a tribute to him, because he ate an apple containing cyanide.

3Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Thu Nov 13 2014, 10:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isn't there a film out about his life? I think Benedict Cumberbatch plays Turing.

4Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Thu Nov 13 2014, 12:08

So you condemn 50's Britain for the disgraceful attitudes towards homosexuals, yet you want to wipe out an entire religion in 2014? How very liberal of you.

5Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Thu Nov 13 2014, 13:40

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:Isn't there a film out about his life? I think Benedict Cumberbatch plays Turing.

Yes- comes out in a week or so. Looks like a really good one to watch as well.

6Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Thu Nov 13 2014, 14:19

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Very much a hero and one of the greatest minds of the day. Unfortunately, his era was blighted by homosexuality being a criminal offence so nothing too much further to be said. It's a bit like once we had capital punishment but that doesn't make us animals in this enlightened age. He was a hero, a genius and a massive saver of lives, enough said. On the other side of the coin there were many at Bletchley who were just as important but don't get a mention because there was no controversy in their lives. Colossus has been refurbished and is a magnificent machine and well worth a visit to Station X. Further, Turing didn't design Colossus, he simply used it. His invention (?) was Bombe which was used to try to discover the daily settings used in enigma. Benedict Cumberbutch and Turing are related so a nice coincidence, another the Enigma machine was as enigmatic as Turing himself.

7Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Thu Nov 13 2014, 14:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did Turing commit suicide? Some think perhaps not.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18561092

8Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Thu Nov 13 2014, 14:58

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Perhaps not suicide. Some think it was accidental. I do know that cyanide is used in the manufacture of Tubes for TVs and valves so perhaps there is some truth in the possibility of it being an accident, but that doesn't provide as much drama. His Mother thought it accidental.  Cool

9Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Thu Nov 13 2014, 15:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:Perhaps not suicide. Some think it was accidental. I do know that cyanide is used in the manufacture of Tubes for TVs and valves so perhaps there is some truth in the possibility of it being an accident, but that doesn't provide as much drama. His Mother thought it accidental.  Cool
What amazes me is that,according to the article,the apple wasn't tested for traces of cyanide.

10Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Thu Nov 13 2014, 17:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bollotom is right, there were  quite a few people who played an important part at Bletchley Park, although it was his approach, (Turing's not Bollotom Very Happy ),and insight to a particular code that started the ball rolling.
As many will know, homosexuality was made illegal in Queen Victoria's reign, but only for men. When she was told about the new laws coming in, she apparently said that she could believe it of men but not of women, and as a result, lesbianism did not become illegal

11Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Thu Nov 13 2014, 22:37

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Homosexuals don't want to create a gay state.
I despise Islam as it's a fairy tale.
It's brainwashed in to these lunatics.
I've said my piece nothing against Gays.Religon and it's fanatics I'd wipe from the face of the Earth.

Your getting Boring 74,you know my attitude towards Islam.
This thread was about a Great Briton,who was persecuted Becuase he was Gay.

Lest we forget the men and women of Bletchley hall as well as the soldiers who fought.

Who knows how many lives he saved.Who cares if he was Gay,you are born that way,who cares,not for me but each to their own.

12Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Thu Nov 13 2014, 23:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't really want to open a can of worms but Islam is fundementally different than most other religions in that it encompasses the legislative and judiciary elements of its society within it.

What I mean is that using our country as an example, the church, parliament and the legal system can be considered somewhat independent of each other.

People are free to worship who they want, they can vote for whom they please to put into Parliament and Parliament vote to make laws, that the legal system administers equally to all.

Islam however has everything together.  The religious leaders set their law on their religious beliefs and their courts act upon it.

The power therefore is in the hands of the religious leaders and it is their own self interests to keep things just as they are.

So Islam is the basis of their power and control of the masses.

The people know no different until they come in contact with another society such as the wests and that is why even when it does, the muslems leaders will not allow integration into that society for fear of losing power and control of their people.

So there will always be an impasse in society as one group are the 'true believers' and the rest of the world are unbelievers.

There is no tolerance of others.

The extremists take this to the extreme (obviously) and that is why IS is such an attraction to a great many muslems.

The bottom line is control through religion - something the west through off more than 500 years ago with Luther and Protestation.

In just the same way that you don't have bad dogs, you have bad owners, then you can't really blame the way that muslims think and behave when they only know the one way of acting.

Religion misused as a lot to answer for.

13Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Thu Nov 13 2014, 23:19

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Agree,just don't like the way they're trying to force everyone else in the World to listen to a story from who knows when.Half of them can't decide wether Mohammed was the profit or his cousin.
That's why theirs Sunnis n Sheites,spelling could be wrong.

How can integration be introduced when the Burkha is allowed.Thats why the French banned it.
A very insular society.

14Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Fri Nov 14 2014, 22:42

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

There can be no compromise for them, as one of their basic tenets is that all infidels should be either converted or killed. This is a fact. Infidels are everyone who is not a Muslim, That's you, me and the vast majority of the country.

15Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Fri Nov 14 2014, 22:51

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Exactly my point Glos,but Apparantley Becuase free speech is not allowed on this board.I got a ban.
Just said don't think many Christian Englishman would shed a tear if every Mosque was burnt to the ground.
Not with people inside them but to reclaim our country for the true English man.

I also wrote they hate us and if possible would love the flag of Islam flying over Downing Street.

The truth is out there.

16Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Fri Nov 14 2014, 22:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:There can be no compromise for them, as one of their basic tenets is that all infidels should be either converted or killed. This is a fact. Infidels are everyone who is not a Muslim, That's you, me and the vast majority of the country.
I don't want to appear racist,this is just a fact as far as my life is concerned,but I've yet to meet a muslim with a sense of humour.
There must be plenty out there,but I seem to have missed out.

17Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Fri Nov 14 2014, 22:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:Exactly my point Glos,but Apparantley Becuase free speech is not allowed on this board.I got a ban.
Just said don't think many Christian Englishman would shed a tear if every Mosque was burnt to the ground.
Not with people inside them but to reclaim our country for the true English man.

I also wrote they hate us and if possible would love the flag of Islam flying over Downing Street.

The truth is out there.
84, the mods on this site don't even know what day it is, so they probably don't even know why they banned you.

18Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Fri Nov 14 2014, 23:03

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
gloswhite wrote:There can be no compromise for them, as one of their basic tenets is that all infidels should be either converted or killed. This is a fact. Infidels are everyone who is not a Muslim, That's you, me and the vast majority of the country.
I don't want to appear racist,this is just a fact as far as my life is concerned,but I've yet to meet a muslim with a sense of humour.
There must be plenty out there,but I seem to have missed out.

I met one once when he made a offer for my house up Daubhill Shocked

Told him to Fuck Off and he was still laughing Laughing

19Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Fri Nov 14 2014, 23:46

Fuck me........

Very disappointed by some of the latter comments on this thread.

It's 1975 again apparently.........

Let's group 'em all together and perpetuate that myth that they're all weird and want to kill us in our sleep!

I really thought we'd moved on from Bernard and his mates.

Apparently not.......

And before anybody pulls me for starting the "Crazy Islamist" thread and calls me two-faced, that was about the narrow minded dickheads who are using their cultural differences to push their agenda and I would have thought that those of us sophisticated enough to see through it wouldn't resort to the same sort of tactics that they employ -

"They're not like us, you know......you can't trust any of 'em! Let's do 'em!"

This is precisely the type of low-brow thinking that started the second Gulf War and got hundreds of British soldiers killed in Afghanistan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10629358

I honestly thought we were better than that on here......

Last edited by Breadman on Sat Nov 15 2014, 00:14; edited 1 time in total

20Alan Turing national hero Empty Re: Alan Turing national hero Sat Nov 15 2014, 00:13

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can only post on my experience, it was the time of the Toxteth riots and there was a knock on effect, throughout the country.

Where we lived then and with two young children under the age of three, we had the Asian youth running amok and causing us fear in our own houses, the Riot Police patroled for quite a while after, we decided to sell up.

The first people that came and looked at our house, just happened to be Asian, he wanted to know if the Telly and Furniture were included in th price... Cheeky Twat Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum