Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan

+12
karlypants
Numpty 28723
Norpig
doffcocker
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Fri Nov 21 2014, 11:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:That is a fair comment cos I'm in the same boat. Still an obnoxious knob though!!

I know, but we tolerate you.

22Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Fri Nov 21 2014, 11:54

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:That is a fair comment cos I'm in the same boat. Still an obnoxious knob though!!

I know, but we tolerate you.
Thanx for that, I'm overwhelmed at being tolerated by a hermaphrodite!! Smile

23Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Thu Nov 27 2014, 16:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whelan has now been charged by the FA.

24Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Thu Nov 27 2014, 16:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good, I hope he keeps to his word and resigns as chairman the prick.

25Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Thu Nov 27 2014, 17:44

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Good, I hope he keeps to his word and resigns as chairman the prick.

I think he said that if he was found guilty then he'd resign.
I don't think the FA had much choice but to summon and charge him.
If they hadn't then they might have seemed to look indifferent about remarks that could be classed as casual racism, if perhaps unintended. I imagine that a few at the FA were perhaps a bit reluctant to go this far as they probably thought that it was just an old bloke coming out with a few unfortunate expressions- expressions that were quite commonplace when Whelan was young. He has apologised and done so I think quite sincerely, and that will stand him in good stead when he appears at the FA. I think he'll get a warning about future remarks - just a slap on the wrist. However there'll be those who will see this as rampant and dangerous racism who won't let it go so easily so I imagine that he'll be hounded out of Wigan by  the actions of others rather than by his own choice.

26Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Thu Nov 27 2014, 17:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair comment that Rammy, I hadn't realised he had apologised for what he said.

No matter what age the person who says words such as he did is disappointing to hear as my Mrs is not English and she has had some stick for it similar to her face for nothing at all not so long back and is upsetting to her.

27Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Thu Nov 27 2014, 17:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:However there'll be those who will see this as rampant and dangerous racism who won't let it go so easily so I imagine that he'll be hounded out of Wigan by  the actions of others rather than by his own choice.

He'll always have a bed at White84's place.

28Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Thu Nov 27 2014, 18:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

He'll always have a bed at White84's place.

Laughing

29Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Fri Nov 28 2014, 18:09

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It is most fortunate for those who have grown up in a multicultaral society, some people have been told that they now live in one, move on and get used to it!
That is all well and good, but in some instances folk have not only been told to "lump it" but have to pay for those continuously "seeking to gain". 
Now, I am in no way defending Whelan, the man is quite an obnoxious human imo, but he is in a classic situation that can be repeated many times, particularly if you were born in the fifties or before.
Now if you think I have come out with an unpleasant comment then get me locked up!!
As a closer did anybody see "It was alright in the 70's"?
The parting comment was perfect!!!

30Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Fri Nov 28 2014, 18:18

Who are you having to pay for SK?

31Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Fri Nov 28 2014, 18:28

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Think about it!!

32Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Fri Nov 28 2014, 18:37

If you're employing immigrants suck money out of the economy, you should read this -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24813467

33Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Fri Dec 05 2014, 23:10

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

34Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Fri Dec 05 2014, 23:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

35Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Sat Dec 06 2014, 01:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Wigan are fast becoming comedy gold.
I hope not, I like that channel! Evil or Very Mad

36Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Wed Dec 31 2014, 15:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Six week ban

37Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Wed Dec 31 2014, 15:21

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Boggersbelief wrote:Six week ban

From what exactly though? The stadium during matches?

If so, it's more like a late xmas present than a punishment, not having to watch that shite for 6 weeks is a blessing.

38Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Wed Dec 31 2014, 15:24

jussi22

jussi22
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

How can they ban him, he's the owner, its like banning someone from his house for six weeks.

Got off lightly in my eyes, they should've banned him for life imo Laughing

39Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Wed Dec 31 2014, 16:09

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jussi22 wrote:
How can they ban him, he's the owner, its like banning someone from his house for six weeks.

Got off lightly in my eyes, they should've banned him for life imo Laughing
What about me, you cunt.

would you shove me in a dark room for life and not let me back?

I hate Jussi22.Laughing

40Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear,what next Mr Whelan Wed Dec 31 2014, 16:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scott is officially back affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum