Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tom Eaves ready to banish memories of unsuccessful loans at Yeovil Town

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Striker Tom Eaves is ready to banish memories of tough loan spells at Rotherham United and Shrewsbury Town by hitting the goal trail with Yeovil Town.

The Bolton Wanderers front man completed a loan transfer deadline day switch to Huish Park until January 5 last week, going straight into the squad that hosted Preston North End.

Although a proven goal scorer in both Sky Bet League One and League Two, the 22-year-old has endured mixed fortunes in previous temporary spells and has only made four appearances for the Championship Trotters.

Eaves suffered a frustrating time at Rotherham United when he started twice in a total of eight displays, ending the season with Shrewsbury Town where 25 games brought just two goals as the Greenhous Meadow outfit tumbled to the third tier.

However, his first loan jaunt at now-non-League Bristol Rovers proved fruitful, striking almost a goal every other game in three months in League Two before stepping up a division and netting six times in ten matches for Shrewsbury.

Eaves said: “I’m completely confident. The only thing that stunted me playing was that going to Rotherham I didn’t play after a good pre-season. I’m in a different position now – I’m fit and I’m ready.

“I have watched a few of the games recently. The gaffer (Gary Johnson) told me to watch the Fleetwood Town game and hopefully I can come here and fire a few goals in the net.

“Simply, just goals is what I’m about. I’m here to help fire Yeovil up the table. Hopefully I can be an outlet, hold up the ball and stretch the game, bringing others into play. I will do my utmost, work hard, hold the ball up and – as the gaffer has said – I will offer something different.

“Ultimately, if you help the team you play for it will benefit you on a personal level. It’s about helping the team. Hopefully I can play well, fortify the squad and maybe extend the loan if things are going well.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We signed him on the back of one good cup performance against a weakened Bolton side, but I have still to see him replicate that form and he really does look like a League 2 player.
Presumably he's being farmed out in the hope that someone will help us recoup part of the £1 million we paid for the donkey.
I've spent far too long hoping he will come good to be arsed about the lad any longer.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Same here.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think we can't sell him and that sending him out on loan is a way of getting his wages off our books until his contract ends and then we'll release him. Another "promising" player who just didn't have the ability we thought he had when he was initially signed. I wish him well but don't think we'll ever see him in our shirt again. And like both wanderlust and keegan I can't really claim that bothers me. He's had more than enough time to show something useful and hasn't done it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum