Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is the point of Bolton Wanderers?

+2
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're never going to win the Premier League.

We'll probably never win a cup.

We'll never qualify for the champions league.

We'll probably never qualify for the Europa League again.

I'm not trolling, but lets be honest the above are facts, unless we acquire a billionaire of course.

So what really is the goal going forward. A win at Old Trafford again? A 5 match winning streak? Maybe sign another 32 year old superstar?

My main point is have we achieved everything that is finically possible?

I'll be gutted to see us go down, but at the end of the day is merely surviving really that exciting?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

There is no point - never as been - it is just an entertainment.

Even if we won the league and cup - so what - we merely start afresh the next season and try to do it all over again.

The thing is that football is addictive and businessmen have long understood that they can make money from it.

Don't get fooled that clubs are on the brink of going bust and have lost a lot of money - somebody somewhere has made a mint from it - and there are usually a queue of people willing to take the club on no matter what as happened to it before.

Clubs like Bolton just make up the numbers for the big clubs to play - and we will get the odd result here and there but we are not in it to win it - simply make money for the owner's.

Tbh, the Premier League owners get so much from Sky money that they don't really need 'supporters' at all - but it is a revenue stream so they tolerate us (but never truly listen to us!).

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

we were one game away from European football last year?

Birmingham and Portsmouth have recently won cups?

you sure your not trolling?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The WUMmed becomes the WUM.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we were one game away from European football last year?

Birmingham and Portsmouth have recently won cups?

you sure your not trolling?

We'll probably never win a cup.

We'll probably never qualify for the Europa League again.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's right.

As regards the original question, for me it's the hope that despite our limited resources, we can create a team that is not afraid to compete against anyone and that if everything comes together on any particular day we can win games and confound clubs with greater resources at their disposal. Winning stuff would be nice, but that would be a bonus if it ever happens. I just want us to reach our potential and restore pride in the shirt.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is no point to supporting a football team, any team, if you really think about it.

Ultimately you are paying to watch other people enjoy themselves.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You can see the point Hipster is making and he obviously doesn't genuinely feel that way himself!

For me it's simply about finishing as high up the football league each season as possible. I'm proud of my town and for the football team to be among the top 20 in the country every season is brilliant!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum