Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

bolton right back to Blackpool on loan

+2
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Niall Maher has joined Blackpool on loan from Championship rivals Bolton.

In a season, that's been full of movement in and out of the club - mostly in, we've made our latest signing with the Bolton defender coming to Bloomfield Road in a temporary capacity, for an initial one-month spell.

With a shortage of cover at right back Lee Clark's told the official website that we needed to bring in someone else with him moving for the 19-year-old having watched him of late.

Clark said: 'We've been to watch him a couple of times this season and he's impressed us. He can play both full-back positions really well and he's really quick and strong.

'We only have one real recognised right-back at the club in Tony and he's had a little niggly injury, so we needed to bring someone in there. We need pressure in all positions and we feel he can help us.'

Maher's arrived in time to be part of the squad that takes on Watford this weekend, he'll at least be in the squad.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

who?  scratch

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If this kid can play full back on either side and is good enough for this level how come we're not playing him ourselves?

luckyPeterpiper wrote:If this kid can play full back on either side and is good enough for this level how come we're not playing him ourselves?

That was my thought but then again blackpool are desperate so if he isnt quite ready but it gets him game time then why not

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:If this kid can play full back on either side and is good enough for this level how come we're not playing him ourselves?

That was my thought but then again blackpool are desperate so if he isnt quite ready but it gets him game time then why not
Fair enough. I just hope we aren't letting an undiscovered gem slip away from us. I guess we'll just have to trust Neil's judgement about whether or not this is the right move.

Thing is its only a one month loan, if he turns out to be the next alves he will soon be starting eleven for us and allowing vela to push up into mid

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he's only gone on loan, will be good for his development

I don't think being signed by Blackpool means good enough for this level.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

call me a shit fan but i have never heard of the lad before

Norpig wrote:call me a shit fan but i have never heard of the lad before

Neither had i until i read it on newsnow

championship experience will be good for him no matter what.

id let them have our full development team until the end of the season free of charge.  They will still go down anyway and will save some money and all our lads will get a chance to see whether they are good enough

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is the chap, he is from the development squad...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's a one month loan with option to extend according to the article. I just hope it works out for us and him and that if he is good enough we see him in our shirt soon. If he isn't then I suppose this is the quickest and surest way to find out and hopefully we won't have another Eaves situation on our hands. For too long everyone hoped and thought Eaves was a future star for us and he was a distraction. Perhaps that's part of what Neil's doing here.

karlypants wrote:This is the chap, he is from the development squad...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
He looks a bit like if he was 30 years older and his daughter went missing he would have a particular set of skills to get her back

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:It's a one month loan with option to extend according to the article. I just hope it works out for us and him and that if he is good enough we see him in our shirt soon. If he isn't then I suppose this is the quickest and surest way to find out and hopefully we won't have another Eaves situation on our hands. For too long everyone hoped and thought Eaves was a future star for us and he was a distraction. Perhaps that's part of what Neil's doing here.
 Tom Eaves, where is he now?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:It's a one month loan with option to extend according to the article. I just hope it works out for us and him and that if he is good enough we see him in our shirt soon. If he isn't then I suppose this is the quickest and surest way to find out and hopefully we won't have another Eaves situation on our hands. For too long everyone hoped and thought Eaves was a future star for us and he was a distraction. Perhaps that's part of what Neil's doing here.
Back at Bolton from finishing his loan spell at Yeovil.

karlypants wrote:
Norpig wrote:
Back at Bolton from finishing his loan spell at Yeovil.
Hope for him yet then Wink

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:call me a shit fan but i have never heard of the lad before

Shit fan

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

How many people here know who Harry Campbell is without looking it up? Be honest now.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Boggers is on google as we speak

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:How many people here know who Harry Campbell is without looking it up? Be honest now.

What about Jamie Thomas or Luke woodland

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum