Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

he's not going to be here very long is he

+5
scottjames30
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just because he said he'd return one day?

He isn't going anywhere anytime soon

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

He would only go back after he's achieved more than he ever will at our club. He'll go on to much bigger and better things before he goes back there.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agreed he won what he could with Celtic, He now wants to test himself in The Premier League

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Relax y2j. He's very fond of Celtic but his head rules his heart and while he says he's open to going back 'one day' I think he's smart enough to know managers rarely if ever do as well the second time around. He wants the English Prem not the Scottish one now and to get that he's going to have to make a real success of things here. That will take some time due to our perilous off field situation so don't expect him to be upping sticks anytime soon.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he'll end up at Everton.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:I think he'll end up at Everton.
Don't expect it anytime soon Scott. I admit they'd be an attractive proposition if they did come calling but I honestly don't think they or anyone of that level will yet. I firmly believe Neil could succeed in the prem but given that none of them came in for him when he was unemployed there seems to be some doubt in their minds and the only way he'll get past that is by succeeding here first. I think we're going to have Neil for at least the rest of this season and most if not all of next. I could be wrong but that's how I see the situation at the moment.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Or the Villa

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

rammywhite wrote:

Or the Villa
Let's hope they don't come in for him because I don't think Lennon would think twice. As soon as a decent sized prem club come calling he'll drop us in a heartbeat.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't know the guy, anymore than anyone else on here does, but my impression of him and the way he goes about his business is that he is " old school " and therefore he will have integrity. He will be here until the end of this season and if he is here next season and we are in the promotion race I think he will want to see it through unless one of the big boys come in.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just hope Gartside and co have a clause in his contract that makes us rich should he fuck off elsewhere.

I can't believe I just wrote that, of course they won't.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He wanted a chance in English football and we have taken a chance on him. I suppose that he wanted a Premier league job in the summer but it didn't materialise, so I imagine there will not be too much in his way if a Premier league team does come in. I can't see him going in the short term unless Villa or Newcastle show an interest, besides he seems to be enjoying the job so who knows where it will lead.

Whilst we know how good a job he's doing, he'd still be considered a gamble for a premier league club at this point. I think we'll get another year out of him but sooner or later he'll be on the way to the likes of Villa or Newcastle. Both of which are in a similar situation to us incidentally, albeit in a better league. Owner's got no interest/ambition anymore for the club so happy to tread water until the situation changes in some way.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's only one possibility at the moment. and that's if Leicester bin Pearson, they would be the perfect fit, other than that he stays.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum