Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rotherham match most important of season.

+10
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
NickFazer
Reebok Trotter
wanderful life
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wanderful life

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

With Blackburn going to Derby and on 36 points with a plus 4 goal differance,we play Rotherham on 33 points with a minus 1 goal deficit.
A win if Blackburn lose could jump us 5 maybe 6 places.Sheff W play Birmingham if they draw would leave us still 11 th if we win possibly 10 th on goal differance.
With Bournmouth playing Watford Friday night win our next two matches and we are 8 points off the playoffs if Bournmouth win Watford at home Friday evening Sky Sports 1.
This would be the first time we would be in the top half.
That's why I'd prefer CYL to stay with Mavies hopefully back for April we could sneak it after Freedmans complete clueless fuck up.

What did you do with the banner in the end

wanderful life

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Don't understand ( have I missed something here)?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:What did you do with the banner in the end

Very Happy

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderful life wrote:With Blackburn going to Derby and on 36 points with a plus 4 goal differance,we play Rotherham on 33 points with a minus 1 goal deficit.
A win if Blackburn lose could jump us 5 maybe 6 places.Sheff W play Birmingham if they draw would leave us still 11 th if we win possibly 10 th on goal differance.
With Bournmouth playing Watford Friday night win our next two matches and we are 8 points off the playoffs if Bournmouth win Watford at home Friday evening Sky Sports 1.
This would be the first time we would be in the top half.
That's why I'd prefer CYL to stay with Mavies hopefully back for April we could sneak it after Freedmans complete clueless fuck up.

Rotherham is certainly a winnable game. As is Wolves on Saturday. The Derby trip is probably the toughest of our upcoming games.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Because we are so far back we can just go for it, the pressure and expectation won't start really ramping up unless we get within touching distance. Won't be easy against Rotherham but if we play anything like Saturday we should get 3 points.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I definitely think we can get a run at the playoffs this season, I just worry promotion would be a little too soon for our squad if it was to happen this year. I reckon with a full season to go at we could get up automatically next season and be in a better position to retain premiership status the following season.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One things for sure, we look like certain title challengers for next season, fully expecting vela and kellett to be regular first teamers before the season end. With a bit of luck we can hold onto lennon and keep Mark Davies fit. Add to that a goalscorer in the summer and we will look in good shape

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This game has defeat written all over it.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I disagree, I feel we will get 3 points in this game!

2-0 to the Trotters! :COYW:

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll draw 1_1.

Well if we do lose it will put Wigan 8 points from safety. Every cloud......

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote: With a bit of luck we can keep Mark Davies fit.

Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously Rotherham isn't the most important match of the season and some people have been on the happy juice, such is the optimism. FWIW I think we'll get a draw.

Of course it's the most important match of the season (not even to date). If we win and every other team in the league loses then we are mathematically certain to have 3 more points than when we started the match.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Of course it's the most important match of the season (not even to date). If we win and every other team in the league loses then we are mathematically certain to have 3 more points than when we started the match.

Very Happy The good news is that if we win and only half the other teams in the league lose, we're still likely to have 3 more points than when we started the match.
There are other scenarios, that I haven't got the resources to fully investigate but there's a pattern emerging around the concept of us winning - and this is true of all the results combinations I've managed to look at so far - and getting 3 more points.

Not completely certain at this stage but the emergent picture is that winning would certainly increase our chances of the 3 points - but I'll have to check and get back to you about that.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Problem here is the let down after the Liverpool game.  Either we are knackered or go into this thinking we can walk over Rotherham.  And it's hard for the players to get up for a Tuesday game at Rotherham.  On paper we can win it but it smells of a 1-0 to me.  Hopefully we win it and get into the top half of the table though.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still think Lennon has his eyes set on the play-offs, hopefully the players can feed off his hunger, he wants to give us a chance of the PL before he leaves .

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bwfc1958 wrote:I definitely think we can get a run at the playoffs this season, I just worry promotion would be a little too soon for our squad if it was to happen this year. I reckon with a full season to go at we could get up automatically next season and be in a better position to retain premiership status the following season.
Wrong... 

Go up either this year or the next, it makes no difference. We will still struggle in the premier league as the club will not invest a penny in the squad, so either way, we will go up with one that is going to struggle. 

Plus, most (if not all) of our 'better' players over the past few years have been on loan, if we go up thanks to a few loan signings, they wont be here to help us in the prem. Even if they are available, they will have been in the shop window, other clubs will be sniffing (Example Craig Dawson) and the price tag will treble - meaning way out of our league. 

Best we can hope for should we get promoted, is JUST staying up by the skin of our teeth for the TV money in the first season, and investing more or less the whole lot in our squad - meaning we have a fighting chance the season after... hang on...gartside will never let that happen will he. Sad

Surely going up and coming straight down again would have huge financial benefits for us?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum