Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rotherham match most important of season.

+10
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
NickFazer
Reebok Trotter
wanderful life
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:Surely going up and coming straight down again would have huge financial benefits for us?
It would. Not for 'us' [fans] though... 

The club would invest NON of it back in to the squad at the risk of not coming back up at the first ask. 

Most of it would go in to the directors back pockets...

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Surely going up and coming straight down again would have huge financial benefits for us?
It would. Not for 'us' [fans] though... 

The club would invest NON of it back in to the squad at the risk of not coming back up at the first ask. 

Most of it would go in to the directors back pockets...
Would we get tv money first season up though? Thats what i mean? And then parachute payments?

Ye I can see the directors pocketing £55 million in TV money, that sounds completely plausible.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:Ye I can see the directors pocketing £55 million in TV money, that sounds completely plausible.
Can you see us spending 55 mil on players? 

Even 27.5 million?

The pitch would be lucky to see more than 500k of it. So, the question would have to be asked - where does the money go?

Why would I want the club to blast £55m on players when we still have a huge debt to pay off? You continually miss the point over the finances, we've been mismanaged for years, that's what you should be pissed off about, instead of inventing scenarios in your head that you find annoying.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ok, so you would rather we struggled and gave the money back to Eddie Davies? 

Would only take about 10 seasons of constant promotion and relegation to pay him off with the interest... 

Whereas, 3 or 4 consecutive top 10 premier league finishes (Ok, bit ambitious) would see us be able to be nearly debt free even if we invested 1 1/3 of the money in to the squad/club...

You can invent any situation you want, but the fact of the matter is we've got a massive debt and anybody with any business sense whatsoever would address that rather than take a massive gamble with £55 million (a relatively small amount by today's standards) on finishing in the premier league's top 10 3 or 4 seasons a year.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I couldn't give a shite about the money, I want to get back to the PL because that's the top division in England. I want to see us play the best teams every week.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I couldn't give a shite about the money, I want to get back to the PL because that's the top division in England. I want to see us play the best teams every week.

The conversation moved on to us getting pumped every week in the prem and would the club invest in players or not.

Hypothetical as we may never see the prem again.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I couldn't give a shite about the money, I want to get back to the PL because that's the top division in England. I want to see us play the best teams every week.
Say hallelujah... Nat is correct.  After the top six or seven teams, survival is hit and miss for everyone.  Let's just take them one game at a time and hope NL stays with us on the ride up.

observer wrote:
Say hallelujah... Nat is correct.  After the top six or seven teams, survival is hit and miss for everyone.  Let's just take them one game at a time and hope NL stays with us on the ride up.

Does anybody really disagree that we want to see the team doing the best it can?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'd do what Burnley are doing, and if we stay up we have made it.

All the lads playing in the PL, 26k + on at home games, give me the PL any day.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If we did go up I think we'd have to give most of the dosh to ED. There's no way we can ever really improve in the long term without getting that millstone from around our necks so I'd (reluctantly) spend the minimum possible on the squad and give the rest back to Eddie, preferably at least 40 mil. Get the debt down and then we might have a little wiggle room in the transfer market. If we come straight back down I'd do the same with the parachute payments. Give at least 70% to Eddie and use the rest to strengthen what we can. 

It might well be a decade before we got rid of the total debt owed if ED stays as owner but the more we pay off the more attractive a takeover proposition we would become. Add in that the FFP would bite us in the backside if we don't do something and very soon and I think this may be the only practical solution. 

I don't think we WILL go up this time though but whenever we do then we need to be considering getting the debt down ASAP before we do anything else.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wilkinson motm, you heard it here first.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Wilkinson motm, you heard it here first.

And last.

We all want the team to do well, but thread's like this, talk of the playoffs and media hype about Lennon just confuse the issue and fly in the face of our current situation.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

And last.

We all want the team to do well, but thread's like this, talk of the playoffs and media hype about Lennon just confuse the issue and fly in the face of our current situation.
I was thinking about a blow job.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

And last.

Suppose Wilko has to be good at something.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

wanderlust wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

And last.

Suppose Wilko has to be good at something.
Very Happy

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Scott I love that avatar and Nat yours is also extremely cool.  :clap:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum