Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Gudjohnsen Shite?

+9
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:46 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eidur Gudjohnsen is crap and his signing was a mistake.

There, I've said it.

Great player in his first spell with BWFC, but he has been diabolical in his return spell. His great control and vision has gone, and unfortunately he is still a poor finisher just as he was 15 years ago.

He should be binned at the first opportunity.

2Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:03 pm

Natasha Whittam wrote:Eidur Gudjohnsen is crap and his signing was a mistake.

There, I've said it.

Great player in his first spell with BWFC, but he has been diabolical in his return spell. His great control and vision has gone, and unfortunately he is still a poor finisher just as he was 15 years ago.

He should be binned at the first opportunity.
i think he still has a golden touch and played with a GOALSCORER could still be highly effective for us.  Same goes for Heskey, but we don't need both

3Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:14 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seen this said by a few bolton fans. All morons though..

He has been very impressive, especially against liverpool. Agreed he has missed a couple of chances but he's not been brought in to bang goals in and play full games upfront on his own, I think lennon planned to use him as an impact sub, he would be great to bring on from the bench when we need to unlock a defence.

4Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:16 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But what has he actually done of note. His control has been shocking, and his only contribution has been setting Heskey up against Rovers.

5Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:17 pm

He needs runners, most of ours are injured so it's unfair to judge him at this point. He's being asked to do far more than he expected/Lennon wanted I think.

6Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:20 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:But what has he actually done of note. His control has been shocking, and his only contribution has been setting Heskey up against Rovers.

He does a hell of a lot more than feeney

7Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:22 pm

Scored against Leeds.

8Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Is Gudjohnsen shite?

What sort of a question is that? Of course he's not shit. Admittedly he's not the player that signed for Barca but he's still got much to offer. 

Like others have said he would be better used as an impact sub but unfortunately we've had no option but to throw him in from the start. I think having Le Fondre will help his game a lot in the coming weeks and months.

9Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:34 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Nat needs to go and look for her "cock" instead of creating shite threads like this...

10Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:34 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His touch and vision stands out head and shoulders above the rest of the players, his class is still there, lost a step obviously and he never was a great finisher but anyone suggesting he is "shite" is a complete topper.

11Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Might as well lock this thread now. We've established he's not shite.

12Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:56 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:His touch and vision stands out head and shoulders above the rest of the players, his class is still there, lost a step obviously and he never was a great finisher but anyone suggesting he is "shite" is a complete topper.

:like:

It only takes a couple of missed chances and misplaced passes at Bolton and you're "shite".

There were a few people on the coach back from Liverpool talking like he'd missed two open nets. The first chance was a difficult one to place past both the defender and the keeper, the second wasn't an easy volley to control.

13Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:06 pm

karlypants wrote:I think Nat needs to go and look for her "cock" instead of creating shite threads like this...
it's between her legs............here's a map

( . )    (   o    )
 )                (
(     ===D     )

14Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:45 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In answer to Nat's question: No, of course he isn't. 

He's not as quick as he was the first time he was here but that's to be expected. His touch and vision are still there and I think with a genuinely quick out and out striker he could form a devastatingly effective partnership. 

I was against signing him for the very reason that players are almost never going to do well at a club second time around and I for one would have preferred to keep the memories untarnished. Comparisons against his first stint were bound to occur and be unflattering. 

However since he came in I think he's largely been very effective and with a little more in terms of support and a fit squad he would be an awesome impact sub which I suspect was the role Neil had in mind for Eidur and Emile both.

15Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:46 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he'll should be a coach, his playing days are over, sad to see.

16Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:48 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You bunch of sentimental bellends.

On the evidence so far Gudjohnsen has lost it. And to blame the fact he's had to play full games for his shiteness is simply laughable.

17Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:53 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:You bunch of sentimental bellends.

On the evidence so far Gudjohnsen has lost it. And to blame the fact he's had to play full games for his shiteness is simply laughable.
Nat I haven't said he's the player he used to be. I never expected him to be either. All I said was his touch and vision are still there and with the right support he could be devastating at setting others up to score. At his age his legs aren't as good as they were and he's played far more than I think he expected to or Neil wanted him to. 

There's nothing sentimental about that; he's just not a kid anymore. What I find astonishing is the speed at which you have come on here to rip him to shreds because not long ago you were sing "all hail Eidur". 

But I suppose you're not happy unless you have something or someone to criticise.

18Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:00 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was my dream for Eidur to come back to Bolton to play for us again! Very Happy

19Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:04 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I think he'll should be a coach, his playing days are over, sad to see.

Act is tiresome.

20Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:05 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I think he'll should be a coach, his playing days are over, sad to see.

Act is tiresome.
Its not an act, if you think he has been ace then fair play to you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum