Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Gudjohnsen Shite?

+9
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28 2015, 18:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I think he'll should be a coach, his playing days are over, sad to see.

Act is tiresome.
Its not an act, if you think he has been ace then fair play to you.

Yes I'm sure you believe his play has been "sad to see." What absolute rubbish. 

(and no I'm not suggesting he's been immense)

22Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28 2015, 18:14

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Yes I'm sure you believe his play has been "sad to see." What absolute rubbish. 

Maybe when he stops missing sitters he'll settle down and bag a few.

23Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28 2015, 18:48

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think he's shite. Like others have said, not brought in to score goals more of a playmaker I think. Once Le Fondre plays he'll look immense...

24Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28 2015, 18:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think he's missed a heap of sitters. Perhaps he hasn't been as deadly a finisher as he used to be but in my opinion he isn't and never was an out and out goalscorer anyway. Like Heskey he was more valuable for assists than goals albeit in a different way and it's our lack of an out and out centre forward that is costing us. With Cravies out, Wilkinson not strong enough yet and no Beckford we're desperately short in that area. 

Add in that we just don't have strength in depth anywhere on the park and it just goes to show what a great job Neil is doing. As to Eidur, well, I would say the coach idea is a good one but does he have his badges? If so then I'd keep him as a player for the rest of this season and see if we can't talk him into being a coach from May.

25Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28 2015, 20:47

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think he may prove his worth with a goal scorer next to him. Clearly we need to show a little patience here... it's only 5 minutes since we were bottom of the league. We're having a mini wobble right now but there is no use in targeting individuals because of our depleted squad. Let's get a couple of players in to compliment Eidur, give it a few weeks, and then judge him. None of us really know how this is going to pan out but over emotional behaviour won't help.

26Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28 2015, 20:50

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Barrel and scraping comes to mind

27Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28 2015, 20:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Barrel and scraping comes to mind
Bloody hell! They're my solicitors.

28Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28 2015, 20:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:None of us really know how this is going to pan out but over emotional behaviour won't help.

I'm not emotional.

29Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28 2015, 20:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:None of us really know how this is going to pan out but over emotional behaviour won't help.

I'm not emotional.
Let us know when it's that time of the month and we will all hide from you for a week!  Laughing

30Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28 2015, 20:59

karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm not emotional.
Let us know when it's that time of the month and we will all hide from you for a week!  Laughing
I reckon it will be around the time hell freezes over........which will probably be of comfort to her singe minge

31Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28 2015, 22:38

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm not emotional.

Melodramatic?

32Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28 2015, 22:49

While we were getting royally banjoed by a glorified pub team last night, he was the one player in a blue shirt who actually looked composed on the ball and didn't appear fazed by what was going on.

His days as an out and out striker are obviously over but he brings a maturity of thought to the team that the others clearly lack.

Partner him with Clayton or Le Fondre and we will score goals.

33Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28 2015, 22:55

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Breadman wrote:

His days as an out and out striker are obviously over but he brings a maturity of thought to the team that the others clearly lack.

Partner him with Clayton or Le Fondre and we will score goals.
:agree:

34Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Wed Jan 28 2015, 23:01

Just wish he'd stop opening his body up and trying to side-foot it in.

You're not in the Camp Nou now, Eidur.....leather it!

35Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Thu Jan 29 2015, 13:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he is a million miles from being shite, but what doesn't help is that he is having to start games and play the full 90 minutes which at his age is not going to be easy.

36Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:he is a million miles from being shite, but what doesn't help is that he is having to start games and play the full 90 minutes which at his age is not going to be easy.

Why are we signing players that can't play for 90 minutes?

It's like an Accountant who employs someone who can't do simple maths.

37Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:14

What a shit analogy that is. If we'd signed a footballer who couldn't walk that might work.

(Cue Mavies injury related joke)

38Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:What a shit analogy that is. If we'd signed a footballer who couldn't walk that might work.

(Cue Mavies injury related joke)

It's the best analogy you've ever heard.

An accountant who can't add up is pretty useless, as is a footballer who can't play a full match.

I'm sure you'll argue otherwise though.

39Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:41

No you're right, that's the best analogy I've ever heard actually.

40Is Gudjohnsen Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gudjohnsen Shite? Thu Jan 29 2015, 14:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:No you're right, that's the best analogy I've ever heard actually.

I appreciate your honesty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum