Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How are you feeling after relegation?

+14
Numpty 28723
Reebok Trotter
largehat
HarveyKorman
Lofty_Love
wanderlust
bwfc71
Keegan
gloswhite
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1How are you feeling after relegation? Empty How are you feeling after relegation? Sun May 13 2012, 18:23

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It is a sad day that after 11 years of Premiership football we have been relegated, but I have found it a lot easier to take this time round because we are just so crap, we have a crap manager, we have so many crap players, we have had so little to cheer about. We have seen some of the worst performances from a Bolton team for years and years, we have had some absolute drubbings, we lost 13 of our first 16 games. We lost at home to the likes of Fulham, Wigan, Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle, Norwich, etc. I just didn't feel we deserved to stay up.

Coyle didn't even look that arsed when it was over.

We got what we deserved over the season. Coyle should have been sacked many, many months ago.

To be honest though I am relieved we are down. I mean could you have taken much more of this absolute crap we have seen over recent seasons? We would have been even worse next season with so many players going and not much money to replace them, I had grown tired of seeing us getting drubbed by 4, 5 or 6 goals against the big teams. I had grown tired of seeing us lose so often. Amazing stat - over the last 5 seasons - 190 league games we lost exactly 50% of them (85 defeats).

Maybe it will be a bit more exciting in the Championship. At least relegation will see a lot of the higher earners who did so little to earn the huge money they were earning leave. If we can keep Chung Yung Lee and Holden I am sure with the like of NRC, Wheater, Bogdan, Ream, Sordell, Vela, Mark Davies, etc that we can have a really good season. Maybe then when we do get back to the Premiership we'll be re-vitalised and give teams a run for their money again.

Next season should be fun, don't be sad.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We didn't deserve to stay up but doing so would have been a sweet up yours to the many that wanted us to go down.

That element of disappoint aside, I'm absolutely fine about it.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I'm gutted because I can't see us coming back.

I think we are stuck with Coyle and there is no reason to believe that he will discover a footballing brain next season. Look at the two teams coming up and at West Ham and Blackpool - they all have better managers than us. West Ham and some other less successful clubs spent a lot of money on players - how much are we going to have to spend?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously gutted, no other words, bit of a shock when it finally comes, even though it's been on the cards for a couple of years.

sad sad day.

I hope the silver lining is we can wave bye bye to some of the rank average players we've stockpiled over the last few years.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A bit numb to be honest like it's not really happned and expecting another game to come along next weekend.

As said above it's been on the cards since Big sam left, not replacing him with a good manager didn't help either.

We will just have to see what the summer brings in regards to whether we can bounce straight back up again, one thing is for sure I don't have much hope of it happening under Coyle.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Disappointed, but otherwise don't give a shit, because we bloody well deserved it. If our management is prepared to accept that low level of football, then we don't deserve to be at the top table. Had we stayed up, we would have struggled even more, because that tit Coyle would have considered it a good season. In order to benefit, we need massive changes in both the team and management. If we manage to hang on to some of our better players, then you never know. At best the playoffs, at worst, tumble down another division' Right at this moment, I know what my money is on.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Forgot to mention, the assumption by outsiders that this makes us look back on the Megson sacking (two and a half years ago) with regret is the most annoying thing about this relegation.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We could not have continued as we were. We need to get shut of so many players who do not contribute. When Wheater joined the injury list and the realization that Zat Knight would be in the lineup for our final must-win game, I felt we were screwed. How many attempts at goal did he prevent in the last two games he appeared in? He is shit and needs to go. Klasnic had already decided that he was leaving, but stats started him over a livewire like Sordell who has suddenly started to look good in training. Yeah, right. When we went ahead despite Foy's best efforts and City took the lead, I dared to hope we would survive. QPR going infront always meant we were screwed because this team has no bottle. I had to change a computer password this past week and I used 'relegated' as my new one. I saw it coming. Ah well...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We definitely deserved to go down with the way we have played (or not played as the case is) this season.

But still feel bitter (at certain players and lack of tactical nouse)

Screwed by the Bolton Wanderers board - stealing our hard earned money for a pathetic season and to give over paid w*****s who give f**k all to the club!

But apart from that - looking forward to next season - some decent teams in the Championship next season!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's a lot of blame going on but I think we'd have done well to survive given our financial position. My only criticism is that we tried to change too much too fast - but change was necessary at some point.
Disappointed of course, but I think that the reaction at the final whistle showed that we have a fair bit of dignity and can take pride in the way we handled it. I suspect that most of us were not expecting to stay up and a greater disappointment was the way it happened as we had plenty of hope at half time despite the Walters "goal".
Interesting season coming up as we'll finally get to see if the OC strategy pays off - and if it does we can expect to be competing with a very talented young and inexpensive squad with a great future ahead of us.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Horrible.

Relegation is never good, no matter how you look at it or what positive spin you try to put on it. Yeh we will win more games.. but its in the Championship, id take 1 premier league win over 3 Championship any day.

Very sad, can't be good for the club or the town, but we just have to hope that we bounce straight back up.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

And Im not sure if I buy this 'we deserved to go down' talk. Unbelievable injury list and relegated due to a promoted team who sacked off all their players and manager and just bought in a load of high cost, high earning players.

And what Joey Barton did a City was a disgrace, he should be banned for 6 months, he said 'one of my team mates told me to take one with me', shows there must be a few nasty bastards in that team.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:And Im not sure if I buy this 'we deserved to go down' talk. Unbelievable injury list and relegated due to a promoted team who sacked off all their players and manager and just bought in a load of high cost, high earning players.

And what Joey Barton did a City was a disgrace, he should be banned for 6 months, he said 'one of my team mates told me to take one with me', shows there must be a few nasty bastards in that team.

sorry bud, we deserved to go down, because we went down.

IMO the only injury that hurt us badly was Holden.

the main factors were horrific defending in the early part of the season, Coyle then shoring us up with a 4-5-1 before totally abandoning it again.

and during the run in Coyle refusing to play a 4 million striker with a bit about him, a proven premier league hustler in Tuncay and the misuse of players like Mark Davies and Klasnic.

It hurts to accept it, but we we're the architects, not luck or lack of it.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If you're in the bottom 3 at the end of 38 games you can't argue about going down.

Some of the things Coyle has done this season have been confusing to say the least, signing Tuncay and putting him out of position, signing Sordell and not even giving him 60minutes on the pitch since January, chopping and changinf from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 every other week. Christ he even put mark davies on the right wing at one point!

HarveyKorman

HarveyKorman
David Ngog
David Ngog

If Coyle is honest with himself, he will admit that he pissed our place in the Prem away. Good lad, but out of his depth somewhat. Well - maybe not anymore.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

HarveyKorman wrote:If Coyle is honest with himself, he will admit that he pissed our place in the Prem away. Good lad, but out of his depth somewhat. Well - maybe not anymore.

Alas Coyle lacks any sense of self awareness. Not once have we seen any acceptance by him of his personal responsibility for us being relegated.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just out of interest did Steve Kean and/or Terry Connor accept responsibility in public?

How about Alex McLeish, Ian Holloway and Avram Grant 12 months ago?

largehat wrote:Just out of interest did Steve Kean and/or Terry Connor accept responsibility in public?

How about Alex McLeish, Ian Holloway and Avram Grant 12 months ago?

Not sure you could blame Terry Connor for Wolves going down!

No manager is going to admit he had a hand in relegation unless he intends to walk. Few managers walk these days, too much money to lose.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We just have to treat the Championship as a challenge. We should have some good days out and come away from home with a few more wins.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Passi wrote:
No manager is going to admit he had a hand in relegation unless he intends to walk.

Right, exactly, so why people are expecting Coyle to publicly hand over his pound of flesh just to make them feel better, I don't know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum