Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ben Amos goes back to Manure

+3
Norpig
karlypants
wanderlust
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 12:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wondering if giving him the Player of the Month award will be enough to tempt him to come back and work for peanuts in the summer?

2Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 12:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ben Amos has officially completed his loan spell at Bolton Wanderers and has now returned to parent club Manchester United.

The goalkeeper was initially signed on a short-term deal to provide cover for injured pair Adam Bogdan and Andrew Lonergan.

After impressing between the sticks Amos retained his place and saw his loan spell then extended. He also recently claimed the club’s Player of the Month award for March.

During his time at Bolton Amos made a total of nine first team appearances.

Everyone at Bolton Wanderers would like to thank Ben for his contributions and wish him well for the future.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 13:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i hope he comes back in the summer, he was excellent when he came in. He will be a free transfer i think so it's his wages we would need to think about, although i have no idea what he gets from United at the moment.

4Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 14:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan is staying.

5Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 14:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan could get better and out shine Amos.

6Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 15:52

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I would imagine neither bogdan or amos would sign a new contract with us if the other did aswell.

Personally I would pick Amos.

7Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 15:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amos is easily the best keeper - he didn't put a foot wrong during his spell and his performance at Wigan was one of the best by a BWFC keeper in many a year.

Unfortunately I suspect Bogdan will be the number 1 next season and we'll be back to two good games, then a clanger, two good games, another clanger and dropped.

8Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 16:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan just doesn't have that eye of the tiger, I could always tell that years ago when he was jussi's shadow.

9Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 16:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

nat you are a clown, bogdan is much better than Amos and easily the best keeper in the league

10Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 16:12

Boggers is right, Bogdan's a better keeper. His issue is fitness, which I'm not convinced by.

11Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 16:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i personally think Lonergan is better than either of them but thats just my opinion.

12Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 16:19

Probably shows there's not a lot between any of them considering the split in opinion amongst fans.

13Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 16:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Probably shows there's not a lot between any of them considering the split in opinion amongst fans.

i would agree they've all had good spells but no-one stands out as being head and shoulders aboove the others

14Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 16:21

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amos.
Lonners.
Boggers.

15Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 16:25

Steve Banks was better than any of 'em - Fact!

16Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 16:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

no Kevin Rose was the best Very Happy i remember he had his own cartoon in the Normid Nomad fanzine called Kevin Rose he never grows

17Ben Amos goes back to Manure Empty Re: Ben Amos goes back to Manure Tue Apr 07 2015, 16:35

Norpig wrote:no Kevin Rose was the best Very Happy i remember he had his own cartoon in the Normid Nomad fanzine called Kevin Rose he never grows

Ok, I'll give you that one.

I remember reading Rose's profile in the programme and it saying he was 6' 1" or something.

Yeah, right.....course he was.

(Just googled them and discovered that they both combined only played 30 games for us - Banks 20 and Rose 10. Felt like a lot more at the time.....)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum