Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody need some holiday advice?

+9
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
Spider Legs
MartinBWFC
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Fri May 15 2015, 14:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Doffcocker and Hip Priest are the big Turkey goers they might know something about the place you are going.

22Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Fri May 15 2015, 14:01

Cheers lads.

It looks stunning and we're staying half way up a mountain and the views look specktacleear.

Looking forward to it.

23Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Fri May 15 2015, 14:09

i never imagined turkeys to be goers.  more of a task they have to do and get it done with

24Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Mon May 18 2015, 20:16

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Doffcocker and Hip Priest are the big Turkey goers they might know something about the place you are going.

More like turkey chokers!! Wink
I went to a place called Sile many years ago and had a couple of days in Istanbul, it was all very nice but they were mithering all the time for you to buy rip off stuff.
Enjoyed it so much I've never been since!

25Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Mon May 18 2015, 20:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Doffcocker and Hip Priest are the big Turkey goers they might know something about the place you are going.

More like turkey chokers!! Wink
I went to a place called Sile many years ago and had a couple of days in Istanbul, it was all very nice but they were mithering all the time for you to buy rip off stuff.
Enjoyed it so much I've never been since!

I had the same problem in Side a few years ago. They call it the Turkish Riviera and it is very picturesque but they mither you to bloody death. If I was going back again then I would probably go to Olu Deniz because everyone I know who has been there has recommended it.

26Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Mon May 18 2015, 21:45

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

RT Sile and Side are two different place. Sile is on the black Sea in the Asian part of Turkey. Side is on the med if I remember correctly.
I went to Sile.

27Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Mon May 18 2015, 22:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I should have stayed in Belek but the hotel had been closed due to Legionnaires Disease so we got transferred to the Hotel Arum in Side. The hotel was fine but I got fed up with all the pestering when you went outside the complex.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Tue May 19 2015, 10:11; edited 1 time in total

28Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Mon May 18 2015, 22:46

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It was 89 when I went and we were on the bus in Istanbul about 7am and it was Cup Final day. The stadium was rocking outside over 8 hours before kick off time!
It was Besiktas versus Fenerbache and Les Ferdinand played in the match, on loan from QPR, for Besiktas. Can't remember the score.
I went in the Bazaar and one mon tried to heist a fake Omega watch onto me, to be honest it looked shite!!!!
Also took a wrong turn down a street in Istanbul and that was quite unnerving, getting mithered with the locals to go in their houses for a brew, feeling you'd get mugged anytime.

29Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Sat Jul 11 2015, 19:15

Oy, Mart!

Riu Bachata in Puerto Plata - any kop?

Just booked it for October, so if it's a dump, just lie please.

Cheers.

30Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Sat Jul 11 2015, 19:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

AD and Nat must have been. Very Happy

“Perfect holiday!”
Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 XReviewed 5 days ago NEW

First of all let me start by saying please ignore any bad reviews. We all know the kind of people that write those reviews (women who wear make up by the pool and men who pretend they earn £100,000 a year when really they're a bouncer from Bradford)

31Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Sat Jul 11 2015, 19:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!

32Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Sat Jul 11 2015, 19:27

Must admit I read that myself and had the same thought, but with the additional line:

"...and quite often they're the same person."

33Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Sat Jul 11 2015, 19:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Those optics in the room look good! :biggrin:

34Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Sat Jul 11 2015, 19:58

I think the optics are pretty standard in the DR, as the only other time we went there we had optics in the room that time too.

If Martin ever comes back to this thread (which seems unlikely seeing as he started it offering advice but then hasn't responded to anybody's questions) he can hopefully confirm this.

Very Happy

35Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Sat Jul 11 2015, 20:53

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't remember seeing this thread, otherwise I'd have given you some info Bread on Oludeniz (or Ölüdeniz if you wanna be all Turkish about it).

My sister got married across from the Blue Lagoon at Oludeniz last year, and it's possibly the most spectacular place I've personally ever seen.

First thing to remember is the bus service in Turkey is second to none. Nobody in Turkey understands the devastation of missing a bus because there's always another one a minute or two away. And there's quite a few bus rides worth taking in Oludeniz. Although when I say bus, I really mean large minibus, which is probably why most tourists refer to them by the Turkish word for bus which is dolmus. And don't be surprised to find yourself on a bus 6,000 feet above sea level with the driver on his mobile.
First of all there's Oludeniz itself. There are two neighbouring resorts called Ovacik and Hisaronu. If you're staying in one of these - which by the way are nothing to write home about in themselves - it's easy as hell to get to and from Oludeniz by dolmus, albeit a bit scary if you're frightened of heights. Your ears might pop going up/down to the resort of Oludeniz. Here's a couple of pictures I took from the road down to it.

Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Img_1310

Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Img_1311

And a couple from the bottom.

Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Img_1110

Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Img_1210

You can get a dolmus to Kaya town (or Kayakoy) for a look through old ruins and/or a hike to Oludeniz, seeing the place from a height as you go (be warned, it's hell....think of a rocky Old Kiln Lane times by three)

Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Img_1910

Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Img_1911

You can also get the dolmus up Mount Babadag which is a bit of an anti-climax, but still worth seeing.

Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Img_1711

In the other direction is Fethiye which takes about 20 minutes on the bus. It's more a city type place than Oludeniz, no beach, just a harbour, market and endless streets of shops and bars.

Hope you enjoy it anyway. I don't know of many people that don't.

36Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Sun Jul 12 2015, 12:36

Cheers for that, Doff.

Just a shame it's about a month too late.  Very Happy

We had a great time and you're right about the scenery - absolutely beautiful.

37Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Sun Jul 12 2015, 15:39

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:I think the optics are pretty standard in the DR, as the only other time we went there we had optics in the room that time too.

If Martin ever comes back to this thread (which seems unlikely seeing as he started it offering advice but then hasn't responded to anybody's questions) he can hopefully confirm this.

Very Happy
Hi Breaders, Riu Bachata is a favourite of mine as I worked there for a long time, to be honest the food is a bit of a let down, and yes optics in room is standard, nice gardens, and you also have the use of Riu Merengue's facilities, Weekends can be a bit of a mare as it attracts a lot of locals, and of course right beside the Riu complex is the new Cruise Marina, so you'll be balls deep with American tourist, but all in all great complex, if you want to PM me your booking details, I may be able to pull a few favours in, and get you a free upgrade to a JR suite.

38Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Sun Jul 12 2015, 16:01

Cheers for that, Mart.

I'll PM you later, mate.

You, sir, are a star and are now officially Mrs B's favourite Nutter.

(Sorry Bonce.....)

39Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Sun Jul 12 2015, 16:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Women are so fickle. Evil or Very Mad

40Anybody need some holiday advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody need some holiday advice? Sun Jul 12 2015, 16:24

Sshhhh, she might hear you!

And as I'm the only one currently in her "blast radius", it's me that'll cop it!

And I hate being locked in that cupboard......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum