Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kefalonia (and other Greek islands)

+3
gloswhite
xmiles
doffcocker
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Empty Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Thu Jun 18 2015, 03:51

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I recently got back from Kefalonia, and it is probably the nicest place I've been to.

Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Img_5511

Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Img_5512

A little treat to my expert photography for you all there.

Anyway, I love Greece. Everyone's so friendly and laid back there, and there's just no beating a pint of Mythos, except maybe an Efes.
I actually got to go wine tasting as part of an island coach tour. Well, when I say wine tasting I mean we were given half a sip of three or four different local wines before being prompted to buy. Some of it was very good, and you can hardly get Greek wine over here for some reason.

I've been to a number of the Greek islands and Kefalonia is definitely the best on my list. Have you been to Kefalonia? Have you been to any other Greek islands?

I went to kefalonia when i was about 11. I think it was pre captain whatever his name is mandolin.

I still dont think it is that touristy but it was even less so when we went. The beaches are gorgeous and food (couldnt comment on the drink) was really good from what i remember. I had swordfish for the first time in kefalonia.

The only downside for mw was there were no other kids and i got a bit bored. So i started helping a local geezer called pier in his hot dog and ice cream van on the beach

Went round the beach taking orders and money and delivering the food for him.

Him and his missu said they had never thought of that so treated me, my mum and step dad for a meal out in argastoli.

I'm fact i think it was my first holiday ever abroad too

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I've been to Santorini. I was there for the history - there is a fantastic Bronze Age settlement at Akrotiri preserved under volcanic ash. The town of Oia at the north end of the island is beautiful and I gather there is plenty of night life for you youngsters in the main city of Thera.

I've also been to Delos where there is literally nothing but history and Mykonos but only for beer and wifi.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I like the Greek Islands. Been to Cyprus (also lived there for over 8 years, on and off), Crete, and Rhodes. Was considering Kefalonia, so any suggestions as to the best place to stay would be helpful, bearing in mind that we like to wander around sightseeing during the day, and restaurant it at night.
I drove through Greece, which was really good, some years ago, but didn't stop for more than one night as I was driving from Cyprus to Scotland at the time.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went to Kefalonia in 1990 and loved the place. I stayed in Poros but I believe there are not many British tour operators who use the resort and nowadays it's frequented mainly by Germans. I did the whole island including visiting Argostoli, Fiskardo and the underground lake. It's certainly one of my favourite Greek islands along with Skiathos and Samos. Interestingly most of the wealthy Greeks who live on the mainland take their summer holidays in Kefalonia. the Greek guy who worked in our hotel told me that there are more Greek millionaires in Kefalonia than any other Greek island.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

gloswhite wrote:I like the Greek Islands. Been to Cyprus (also lived there for over 8 years, on and off), Crete, and Rhodes. Was considering Kefalonia, so any suggestions as to the best place to stay would be helpful, bearing in mind that we like to wander around naked in the evening, and dogging and sightseeing through peoples windows during the day, and restaurant it at night.
I drove through Greece, which was really good, some years ago, but didn't stop for more than one night as I was driving from Cyprus to Scotland at the time.
affraid

Mr Magoo wrote:
gloswhite wrote:I like the Greek Islands. Been to Cyprus (also lived there for over 8 years, on and off), Crete, and Rhodes. Was considering Kefalonia, so any suggestions as to the best place to stay would be helpful, bearing in mind that we like to wander around naked in the evening, and dogging and sightseeing through peoples windows during the day, and restaurant it at night.
affraid
:clap:

Same as RT, we've done the whole island tour thing and it's a beautiful place.

Not generally big on returning to holiday destinations more than once because there's a big, wide world out there and life's too short but I would seriously consider returning at some point.

As I said on the other thread, people bang on about how beautiful Oludeniz is but we found Kefalonia equally stunning, if not even better.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Been all over Greece over the years. Went to Kefalonia in 86 but never been back, did the wine thing and boughT a bottle of Caliga ruby which still remains unopened! Been to loads of islands and mainland too, fave places being Lesbos, Andros, Parga and Stoupa. I will be visiting Rhodes in September for the second time, first being in 90.
Love the people and the country and mentioning Stelios always gets a conversation going!!

10Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Empty Re: Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Thu Jun 18 2015, 21:44

Soul Kitchen wrote: fave place being Lesbos, 
out of all what you wrote, this was my favourite bit

i need to grow up

11Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Empty Re: Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Thu Jun 18 2015, 21:50

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:

i need to grow up
And get out more!!

12Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Empty Re: Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Thu Jun 18 2015, 22:04

Soul Kitchen wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

i need to grow up
And get out more!!
Smile

might try lesbos (sorry)

13Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Empty Re: Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Thu Jun 18 2015, 22:08

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Unfortunately Lesbos is being overwhelmed by refugees I've heard at the moment, however I have a friend who returns from there at the weekend and expect to get a true opinion on the matter.

14Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Empty Re: Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Thu Jun 18 2015, 22:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went to Lesbos in 91 and stayed in Skala Eressos, the birthplace of Sappho. What an experience that was! The place was chock full of Thespians from all over the globe. They didn't bother any women who were married but the rest were fair game. Two Geordie lasses in our apartment had to be transferred to Molyvos because of the unwanted attention they were receiving.

15Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Empty Re: Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Thu Jun 18 2015, 22:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Unfortunately Lesbos is being overwhelmed by refugees I've heard at the moment, however I have a friend who returns from there at the weekend and expect to get a true opinion on the matter.

Kos is another island with the same problem. A number of Brits have cancelled holidays there because of it.

16Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Empty Re: Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Thu Jun 18 2015, 22:35

Yeah.....bloody foreigners!

Ruining our holidays in, er....foreign countries.........

By trying to go there to escape how shit it is where they live.

Wankers!

17Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Empty Re: Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Thu Jun 18 2015, 22:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No wonder Greece is in such a financial mess. The smaller islands simply do not have the infrastructure and resources to deal with boat loads of Libyans, Somalis, and other Africans fleeing the chaos of civil war of Tribalism and Islamification.

18Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Empty Re: Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Thu Jun 18 2015, 22:41

Reebok Trotter wrote:No wonder Greece is in such a financial mess. The smaller islands simply do not have the infrastructure and resources to deal with boat loads of Libyans, Somalis, and other Africans fleeing the chaos of civil war of Tribalism and Islamification.

Yeah, that lack of infrastructure and resources is a real problem.

I hate wiping my bum and having to drop the paper in a bin.

Build some proper drains!

19Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Empty Re: Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Thu Jun 18 2015, 22:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

y2johnny wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:
affraid
:clap:
What's the applause for?

20Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Empty Re: Kefalonia (and other Greek islands) Thu Jun 18 2015, 22:45

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nothing wrong with a bit of dogging is there ?

(you're a shit Magoo Very Happy  )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum