Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers' transfer window flies open with three key men signed up

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS have confirmed the signing of Gary Madine and Ben Amos, plus the contract extension of Darren Pratley as the transfer window officially reopened today.

Madine, who was released by Sheffield Wednesday at the end of last season, has signed a two-year contract with the Whites after turning down an offer from Leeds United.

Amos had a successful spell on loan at the Macron Stadium at the start of the year and steps into the number one role vacated by the Liverpool-bound Adam Bogdan.

The former Manchester United man signs a four-year deal.

And Pratley – who had offers on the table from QPR and Ipswich during the summer as he weighed up his future – pens a three-year deal to remain with Wanderers.

The midfielder has made 117 appearances since signing for the club in 2011 from Swansea City and was a key part of Neil Lennon’s first team last term.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/13363702.Bolton_Wanderers__transfer_window_flies_open_with_three_key_men_signed_up/

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers have confirmed the signing of Gary Madine and Ben Amos, plus the contract extension of Darren Pratley as the transfer window officially reopened today.

Madine, who was released by Sheffield Wednesday at the end of last season, has signed a two-year contract with the Whites after turning down an offer from Leeds United.

Amos had a successful spell on loan at the Macron Stadium at the start of the year and steps into the number one role vacated by the Liverpool-bound Adam Bogdan.

The former Manchester United man signs a four-year deal.

And Pratley – who had offers on the table from QPR and Ipswich during the summer as he weighed up his future – pens a three-year deal to remain with Wanderers.

The midfielder has made 117 appearances since signing for the club in 2011 from Swansea City and was a key part of Neil Lennon’s first team last term.

Source

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nothing we didn't already know about but still very good news. It's encouraging that just for once what the club said and what actually happened were the same thing. However, we've effectively only signed one new player here as Amos and Pratley were already here. It's still encouraging though and I'm happy to announce Cancer Research UK got my tenner yesterday. Smile

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still a bit glass half empty LPP. Fact is Amos and Pratley could have gone elsewhere. Also good to know they are known quantities - unlike other potential signings who invariably present some risk.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Still a bit glass half empty LPP. Fact is Amos and Pratley could have gone elsewhere. Also good to know they are known quantities - unlike other potential signings who invariably present some risk.
Don't get me wrong lusty; I'm thrilled with all three of them to be honest but given how many we released, especially in the GK department the fact is they're not enough; I think even the most cock eyed optimist would admit that. 

But make no mistake, it's a very good start, much better than I expected and I feel more confident about the rest of the summer as a result.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum