Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I wish i was there

+4
xmiles
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Norpig
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 14:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

22I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 14:46

you'll laugh, i drove passed the laurel and hardy statue in ulverston last night looking for a chippy (Found one!) and right next to it was a bargain booze Smile  i went behind but there was no one there, maybe an unexploited area for you KP

23I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 15:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

excuse me, back on topic if you please  Very Happy

24I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 15:06

Norpig wrote:excuse me, back on topic if you please  Very Happy
Sorry Norpig, my bad.

errrrrrrrrrrrrr................

Frank Sinatra

25I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 15:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:you'll laugh, i drove passed the laurel and hardy statue in ulverston last night looking for a chippy (Found one!) and right next to it was a bargain booze Smile  i went behind but there was no one there, maybe an unexploited area for you KP
Very Happy

26I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 16:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Barb Dwyer wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Glad I wasn't there  Smile

You probably need to listen to it a few times Barb. Smile

And it's not their best album by any means. It's called X because it is their tenth album.

27I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 18:07

will you let me know what to have a listen to then xmiles, ive never even listened to the one i posted up i was just trying to be a smart arse Smile

28I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 19:08

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

y2johnny wrote:will you let me know what to have a listen to then xmiles, ive never even listened to the one i posted up i was just trying to be a smart arse Smile

Personally I like some of their earlier albums more and they are probably easier to get into so I would suggest Dr Hee, Nomad or the self titled fourth album but it's all a matter of personal taste.

Hope you enjoy it!

29I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 19:15

cheers, i will give it a listen.  Smile

30I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 20:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Woodstock 69 was probably the ultimate gig in terms of political climate and musical genius on show.

31I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 21:12

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:Joy Division

Tribal Tech (I will be amazed and pleased if anyone else on this site knows this band)

Joy Division appeared BIT, Deane Rd., 2nd October 1978.

32I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 21:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

For the mouldy oldies amongst us, I got back a couple of hours ago from Glasgow, where I saw Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons on the Monday, and Neil Diamond on the Tuesday. For 81 and 74 respectively, they're still damned good. (It was my wife's 60th ).
And if there is anyone out there with a nautical bent, I was at Rothesay, on the Isle of Bute on Sunday, and the Waverley came and docked not 20 feet from me. Still a magnicficent ship.
Not a bad few days really Very Happy

33I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 21:27

gloswhite wrote:For the mouldy oldies amongst us, I got back a couple of hours ago from Glasgow, where I saw Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons on the Monday, and Neil Diamond on the Tuesday. For 81 and 74 respectively, they're still damned good. (It was my wife's 60th ).
And if there is anyone out there with a nautical bent, I was at Rothesay, on the Isle of Bute on Sunday, and the Waverley came and docked not 20 feet from me. Still a magnicficent ship.

Not just the oldies, i quite like frankie valli Smile

Sounds like you'vr had a good trip glos.  hell of a drive that for you isn't it

34I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 21:35

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

FV had a great review in Bolton News last week, made me regret not going. Have to admit his age put me off a bit from going to the Manc Arena as I saw BB King a couple of years ago and he was really on his last stage legs.

35I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 22:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Soul Kitchen wrote:
xmiles wrote:Joy Division

Tribal Tech (I will be amazed and pleased if anyone else on this site knows this band)

Joy Division appeared BIT, Deane Rd., 2nd October 1978.

Joy Division played lots of gigs - all of which I failed to go to. Sad

Tribal Tech played all over the world but never in the UK, although I did see the lead guitarist playing with another band a few years ago.

36I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 22:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

y2johnny wrote:
gloswhite wrote:For the mouldy oldies amongst us, I got back a couple of hours ago from Glasgow, where I saw Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons on the Monday, and Neil Diamond on the Tuesday. For 81 and 74 respectively, they're still damned good. (It was my wife's 60th ).

Not just the oldies, i quite like frankie valli Smile

Sounds like you'vr had a good trip glos.  hell of a drive that for you isn't it

Fortunately my wife has a cousin who we always stay with, in Paisley, so it was all worth it.We also stayed with her for the opening and closing ceremonies for the Commonwealth Games. Glasgow features in a lot of high profile events, so its really handy Very Happy

37I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 22:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Soul Kitchen wrote:FV had a great review in Bolton News last week, made me regret not going. Have to admit his age put me off a bit from going to the Manc Arena as I saw BB King a couple of years ago and he was really on his last stage legs.

There were some notes he couldn't make, which isn't surprising really, considering how unique his singing style was/is, but his backing band got him through it.
A very polished performer

38I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Wed Jul 08 2015, 23:33

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Jefferson Airplane
Hendrix
Dylan (early electric version)
Zappa's original Mothers of Invention
Early CSNY
The Byrds
The Rolling Stones (when they used to be great - Mick Taylor era)
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Sex Pistols
Joy Division
Iggy and The Stooges (Funhouse era)
Magazine
The Smiths

39I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Thu Jul 09 2015, 08:51

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Seeing that list HP reminds me of another band I wish I had seen but never could - Buffalo Springfield.

40I wish i was there - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish i was there Thu Jul 09 2015, 09:20

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wish I'd seen the Beatles.Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum