Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does anyone still go out round bolton?

+2
Norpig
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Obviously i mean in the evenings/early mornings Wink

Ive had to drive through a few times and when i used to go out the places that used to be rammed and full of people seemed deserted.  Bank street, bradshawgate etc

we used to go to

indiego/hawthorns
temple/eden
ikon/Jaxx
Atlantis

And most nights after going out we would end up in the 24 hour pool bar above (i think it was called) chicago rock.

Bars wise in town, before clubbing, we used to just go where ever.  Varsity, Yates, BL1 etc.

At one point i used to go in the crown and flick on a saturday afternoon.  (what was THAT about?)

Anyway, does anyone still go out?  what was your nights out like round Bolton when you did?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ikon is no more and must have been closed almost 10 years now.

There were rumours of it becoming a department store and then an all you can eat buffet but still nothing of late. Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i went out in Bolton for the first time in years a few months ago and it was dead! The only highlight was seeing Supa John out for a drink  Very Happy Bradshawgate is dead now (so my mate tells me anyway ) which is probably why he always tries to put me off coming back for nights out, he would rather come to Manchester.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only pubs I will go to in town are Harveys and The Spinning Mule, wouldn't bother going in town on a night out as it's completely shite.

I agree with Norpig that the pubs in Manchester are a lot nicer especially the newly refurbed Crown and Anchor next door to the Mitre Hotel although some of the staff there need retraining.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Johnny are you contemplating a night of Pepsi Max out in Bolton? Shocked

karlypants wrote:Johnny are you contemplating a night of Pepsi Max out in Bolton? Shocked
Not not at all, just making conversation Very Happy

I know it was very very chavvy but i used to love eden and temple.  When i was 16 until about 19 i used to go out tuesday, thursday friday and saturday!!!

At one point temple was £7 to get in and drinks where free all night.

I remember asking for a double JD and they said i could only have a single so i just stood there got single after single until they got pissed off and just filled my glass.  (It was watered down to hell!)

Atlantis was always fun, i prefered the RnB and HipHop upstairs more than the Boomtish downstairs.

And ikon and Jaxx was always the option if we couldn't be arsed getting the bus to atlantis!

It did used to be a good night in Bolton.  I never had any trouble (apart from once, partly my own doing!) but even the nightlife side of the town centre is decaying with the rest of it.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you're good looking and 22 years of age it isn't all that bad Smile

Boggersbelief wrote:If you're good looking and 22 years of age it isn't all that bad Smile
That's all well and good but how does a quasimodo mutha funky like you get on Wink

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Johnny, why do you not drink anymore?

Do you become a twat with it? Very Happy

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I only turn out for a decent pint and a chat and can get that in town so it's ok.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eden was my second home.

I was in Scotts bar in Horwich yesterday, not been out in Bolton at night for about 4 years.

karlypants wrote:Johnny, why do you not drink anymore?

Do you become a twat with it? Very Happy

No not at all. It was probably more the scene and everything. And some of the people i was knocking about with. If i really fancy a drink id have one (and be pissed off that one) but at the end of the day chocolate milk tastes nicer Smile

scottjames30 wrote:Eden was my second home.

Did you go when the had the shag puddle upstairs. Or "pool" as they called it

Barb Dwyer wrote:I was in Scotts bar in Horwich yesterday, not been out in Bolton at night for about 4 years.

Didn't know scott had a bar

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No
We are talking about Bolton not Thurso where the main past time is tampering with animals! Keep up!!!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:No
We are talking about Bolton not Thurso where the main past time is tampering with animals! Keep up!!!

Laughing

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Eden was my second home.

Did you go when the had the shag puddle upstairs. Or "pool" as they called it

Yes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum