Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lofthouse Memorial Garden...

+2
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Empty Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Thu May 24 2012, 11:03

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Don't get me wrong, its a nice thought, but I would have just preferred a statue outside the stadium like most 'normal' clubs would do.

why do we have to take everything to far?

My reasons? well...

Its not going to be as easy to view it and worse - I can see it
becoming a quagmire of mud due to people running across on matchdays - I
myself usually run across the road near scotts bar on matchdays and up
that grassy slope to the ground. I will respect the statue and its
garden, I have a feeling some fans wont, especially away supporters...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Empty Re: Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Thu May 24 2012, 11:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're getting a statue?

3Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Empty Re: Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Thu May 24 2012, 11:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes indeed. The statue should take nine months to create.

4Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Empty Re: Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Thu May 24 2012, 11:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry i should have left the question mark off. I think the Garden is just the place to hold to the statue. It's not instead of the statue or anything.

5Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Empty Re: Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Thu May 24 2012, 11:48

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Sorry i should have left the question mark off. I think the Garden is just the place to hold to the statue. It's not instead of the statue or anything.

oh no, I know this...

its just that i think its going to cause issues, it will make it more difficult to view and will get messed up due to fans walking up he slope to the Reebok in winter...

I just feel a big statue near the main reebok entrance would have been a better option, looking down on the fans walking past... i think thats were he would prefer to be stood Wink

6Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Empty Re: Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Thu May 24 2012, 11:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry i was skim reading as usual.

yeah i agree tbh, i hope it's just a small and tasteful affair with the statue, rather than a floral affair which will inevitably be full of dead shrubs.

7Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Empty Re: Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Thu May 24 2012, 11:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Sorry i should have left the question mark off. I think the Garden is just the place to hold to the statue. It's not instead of the statue or anything.

I just feel a big statue near the main reebok entrance would have been a better option, looking down on the fans walking past... i think thats were he would prefer to be stood Wink

Agreed.

8Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Empty Re: Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Thu May 24 2012, 12:57

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Get Blue Peter viewers to design and make the garden - well they are close by nowadays, in Salford!!!

9Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Empty Re: Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Thu May 24 2012, 13:00

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yet more evidence that Wanderers fans will complain about absolutely anything.

10Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Empty Re: Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Thu May 24 2012, 13:02

Make the most of it, you won't be seeing anymore legends at the Reebok this century. Unless Coyle takes you down again. If he does I'll build the statue myself.

11Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Empty Re: Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Thu May 24 2012, 13:32

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:Yet more evidence that Wanderers fans will complain about absolutely anything.

I wasn't complaining, I was actually thinking out loud an idea - would be good PR for BBC, Blue Peter programme and Bolton Wanderers - a win/win situation!!!

12Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Empty Re: Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Thu May 24 2012, 13:35

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:Make the most of it, you won't be seeing anymore legends at the Reebok this century. Unless Coyle takes you down again. If he does I'll build the statue myself.

Incorrect, already, as the current legend, Kevin Davies, has already signed a new 12 month contract!

How many legends are there at Blackburn? - The Venky Family and Steve Kean, thats about it!!! (mainly for destroying the club - even the Venky's now admit that there is confusion at the club but insist on not doing anything about it - because they want the club to fold!!!!)

13Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Empty Re: Lofthouse Memorial Garden... Thu May 24 2012, 20:56

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc71 wrote:Get Blue Peter viewers to design and make the garden - well they are close by nowadays, in Salford!!!

Les Ferdinand once admitted that, as a kid, he was one of those who took part in the infamous trashing of the Blue Peter garden.

If his goal against the red scum had turned out to be the winner, he might have had his own statue and memorial garden by now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum