Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mourinho

+11
boltonbonce
Copper Dragon
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Hip Priest
okocha
scottjames30
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Mon Aug 17 2015, 18:11

Smile

22Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Mon Aug 17 2015, 18:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wenger is upping the stakes. Very Happy

Mourinho - Page 2 Guitar

23Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Mon Aug 17 2015, 18:22

Roy Hodgson is enjoying it.

24Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Mon Aug 17 2015, 18:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mourinho - Page 2 Tambourine

25Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Mon Aug 17 2015, 19:18

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The knob would have got a good kicking if he came on Sheppy with that attitude when we were lads!!

26Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Sat Aug 22 2015, 21:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What are good odds on Chelsea not getting all three points tomorrow?

I think they might get their first win.

Anyone want to bet me a fiver that Chelsea win the league, send the money to CEF and he'll sort the winnings out.

27Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Sat Aug 22 2015, 21:39

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Don't know the answer to this but  lets say last season, you put a £1000 on them to win every game they played, one game at a time and best odds.

Would you be in Profit at the end of the season, league games only.

I'd be guessing you wouldn't

28Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Sat Aug 22 2015, 21:44

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:Don't know the answer to this but  lets say last season, you put a £1000 on them to win every game they played, one game at a time and best odds.

Would you be in Profit at the end of the season, league games only.

I'd be guessing you wouldn't

Probably not, as they're odds on more or less to win every game.

But maybe you could , fuck knows...

One for breaadman.

29Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Tue Aug 25 2015, 15:50

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Mourinho is fantastic for the Premier League, he is the biggest named manager in the world, a man who brings attention to whatever club he is at.
For all the people moaning and criticising him, would you like him in charge of Bolton? Of course you would. He is a winner and winners are bad losers.

30Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Tue Aug 25 2015, 16:34

I'd love to see him at Bolton purely to watch him fail miserably, thus disproving the myth that he's a master motivator and some sort of tactical genius.

Freedman tried playing the "Mourinho way" with our players and look how that worked out......

Take away the ability to go out and buy the best players available without worrying about the cost and he's nothing.

31Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Tue Aug 25 2015, 16:45

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember him leaving Inter Milan, the players were crying, he made them believe in something they never did before in their lives.

The man is pure class.

32Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Tue Aug 25 2015, 16:46

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And I would never want to see a BWFC manager fail.

33Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Tue Aug 25 2015, 16:48

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Breadman wrote:I'd love to see him at Bolton purely to watch him fail miserably, thus disproving the myth that he's a master motivator and some sort of tactical genius.

Freedman tried playing the "Mourinho way" with our players and look how that worked out......

Take away the ability to go out and buy the best players available without worrying about the cost and he's nothing.

You bring up an interesting point Breadman. On football manager it is easiest to do well with clubs who have top players and huge financial resources. Getting this Bolton team for example to be a good team is near impossible. It is like formula 1 - the top drivers have the best cars. Stick Lewis Hamilton in the worst car and he can do nothing. 

One thing I will say about Mourinho is that what he did at Porto and Inter Milan winning the champions league for both clubs was some achievement. However, that was an era before Madrid and Barcelona were unbelievably good.

34Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Tue Aug 25 2015, 16:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barca still had a world class team then, MB.

Mourinho is the best
Manager, he beat Fergie time and time again.

35Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Tue Aug 25 2015, 16:58

He's a superb manager, and a master at manipulating the press. Whenever his team are under performing he takes the focus off them and on to him. I think it was Chelsea's worst start in about 20 years, nobody was talking about that though just the medical team debacle.

36Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Tue Aug 25 2015, 17:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:He's a superb manager, and a master at manipulating the press. Whenever his team are under performing he takes the focus off them and on to him. I think it was Chelsea's worst start in about 20 years, nobody was talking about that though just the medical team debacle.

Spot on, he takes the edge off the players, could you imagine Freedman doing that, it takes balls.

37Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Tue Aug 25 2015, 18:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's great at convincing players that - like him - they're never at fault and that everybody else in the world is a jealous twat out to make life difficult for them.
The media obviously kiss his arse over tactics, but it's more about the us-against-planet-Earth mentality than anything for me. That gets players onside and he knows how to grind out big results but it'd be interesting - as others have said - if he'd be effective at our level, or just another Billy Davies.

38Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Tue Aug 25 2015, 18:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote: if he'd be effective at our level, or just another Billy Davies.

You absolute gobshite. We'd be top of the league with Billy in charge.

39Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Tue Aug 25 2015, 18:32

Yeah, League Two.....

40Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho Tue Aug 25 2015, 18:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Billy was a top manager but shit with the PR bollocks. He couldn't master the we-played-shit-but-there-were-lots-of-positives bullshit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum