You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Be more German

Be more German

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 22]

601 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 19:17

Guest


Guest
"One of the things the EU could have done is put together guidelines as to what migrants from member states were entitled to so it was less likely that everyone headed to one or 2 countries because they offered more."

What's that got to do with the EU?

It's up to the British government what people can and can't claim and always has been.

And it's a bit ironic to read a comment from a pro-Brexit advocate basically complaining that the EU is somehow at fault for not poking its nose into British domestic legislation.

602 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 19:25

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
bwfc1874 wrote:Opening the door completely was a bold move, I'm not sure yet it was the best thing to do (maybe some controls would have been better) but she saved countless lives in doing so.

The point of this thread was to say the UK government have not done anywhere even close to enough to help the worst humanitarian crisis in a generation - Cameron committed to 5,000 refugees over 5 years which remains an utter disgrace. And David Milibands interview above shows that.
But we also committed to large amounts of aid to help other countries like Turkey who could house them and are much closer to their own countries.
We are probably as far away as we could be yet still a first choice.
Financial help could be given to the neighbouring countries (which is where refugees are supposed to head to, which is the first available safe place) like Turkey and the rest of the world share the financial burden.

603 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 19:30

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Breadman wrote:"One of the things the EU could have done is put together guidelines as to what migrants from member states were entitled to so it was less likely that everyone headed to one or 2 countries because they offered more."

What's that got to do with the EU?

It's up to the British government what people can and can't claim and always has been.

And it's a bit ironic to read a comment from a pro-Brexit advocate basically complaining that the EU is somehow at fault for not poking its nose into British domestic legislation.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/18/poland-will-not-accept-cut-in-benefits-for-those-already-in-uk-says-aide
this is the type of thing I'm referring to

604 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 19:30

Guest


Guest
Financial aid is great but when the numbers keep growing in the camps and there's no end in sight it's a short term fix not a long term solution.

We aren't 'first choice' for every migrant, we're a successful and supposedly tolerant country with plenty of opportunities so of course we're attractive as are Sweden, Germany and France.

Sorry but the more you post the more you sound like a sensationalist Daily Mail journalist.

605 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 20:12

Guest


Guest
This thread should be locked

You're all wankers










Wink

606 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 21:24

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
bwfc1874 wrote:Financial aid is great but when the numbers keep growing in the camps and there's no end in sight it's a short term fix not a long term solution.

We aren't 'first choice' for every migrant, we're a successful and supposedly tolerant country with plenty of opportunities so of course we're attractive as are Sweden, Germany and France.

Sorry but the more you post the more you sound like a sensationalist Daily Mail journalist.
You sound more like a failed left wing political student every post so let's agree to disagree.
This should be locked after my post I reckon

607 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 22:07

Guest


Guest
@whatsgoingon wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Financial aid is great but when the numbers keep growing in the camps and there's no end in sight it's a short term fix not a long term solution.

We aren't 'first choice' for every migrant, we're a successful and supposedly tolerant country with plenty of opportunities so of course we're attractive as are Sweden, Germany and France.

Sorry but the more you post the more you sound like a sensationalist Daily Mail journalist.
You sound more like a failed left wing political student every post so let's agree to disagree.
This should be locked after my post I reckon
Why should it be locked?  It always gets a fair balances arguement the majority of the time this thread

608 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 22:29

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
I've no idea why this thread was locked but I do know who did it.

No explanation as been given to the rest of us behind the scenes either.

I've always believed that if you mod something you do it honestly, and for a reason.  I also believe you should give the reason as to why it was locked publically.

In that way if you do get it wrong - which sometimes happens, at least people can see what your intentions were and that it wasn't done for any ulterior reasons.

I also think you should be man enough to stand up for what you did and not hide from it.

We'll leave it at that and chalk it down to 'good intentions' or 'inexperience' or whatever else you might want to call it.

However if threads are locked, posts are deleted, etc, without good reason in the future then regrettably we will have to act to stop it carrying on like that.

I think that is fair to all of us, I hope people agree.



609 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 22:33

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@y2johnny wrote:
@whatsgoingon wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Financial aid is great but when the numbers keep growing in the camps and there's no end in sight it's a short term fix not a long term solution.

We aren't 'first choice' for every migrant, we're a successful and supposedly tolerant country with plenty of opportunities so of course we're attractive as are Sweden, Germany and France.

Sorry but the more you post the more you sound like a sensationalist Daily Mail journalist.
You sound more like a failed left wing political student every post so let's agree to disagree.
This should be locked after my post I reckon
Why should it be locked?  It always gets a fair balances arguement the majority of the time this thread
It was a joke referring to getting the last word

610 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 22:35

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Sluffy wrote:I've no idea why this thread was locked but I do know who did it.

No explanation as been given to the rest of us behind the scenes either.

I've always believed that if you mod something you do it honestly, and for a reason.  I also believe you should give the reason as to why it was locked publically.

In that way if you do get it wrong - which sometimes happens, at least people can see what your intentions were and that it wasn't done for any ulterior reasons.

I also think you should be man enough to stand up for what you did and not hide from it.

We'll leave it at that and chalk it down to 'good intentions' or 'inexperience' or whatever else you might want to call it.

However if threads are locked, posts are deleted, etc, without good reason in the future then regrettably we will have to act to stop it carrying on like that.

I think that is fair to all of us, I hope people agree.



I thought the "inexperienced" mods were only on the new section

611 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 22:55

Guest


Guest
@whatsgoingon wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Financial aid is great but when the numbers keep growing in the camps and there's no end in sight it's a short term fix not a long term solution.

We aren't 'first choice' for every migrant, we're a successful and supposedly tolerant country with plenty of opportunities so of course we're attractive as are Sweden, Germany and France.

Sorry but the more you post the more you sound like a sensationalist Daily Mail journalist.
You sound more like a failed left wing political student every post so let's agree to disagree.
This should be locked after my post I reckon

Again - says a lot that you ignore all the counter arguments to the baseless points you raise, in favour of trying to characterise me in some way.

If you're so much better than the 'left wing politics' you're so keen to patronise then show us why, at the moment you're embarrassing yourself.

612 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 23:15

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
bwfc1874 wrote:Sorry but the more you post the more you sound like a sensationalist Daily Mail journalist.
So characterising is the refuge of the unintelligent, you hypocrite and silly little boy

613 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 23:21

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:I've no idea why this thread was locked but I do know who did it.

No explanation as been given to the rest of us behind the scenes either.

I've always believed that if you mod something you do it honestly, and for a reason.  I also believe you should give the reason as to why it was locked publically.

In that way if you do get it wrong - which sometimes happens, at least people can see what your intentions were and that it wasn't done for any ulterior reasons.

I also think you should be man enough to stand up for what you did and not hide from it.

We'll leave it at that and chalk it down to 'good intentions' or 'inexperience' or whatever else you might want to call it.

However if threads are locked, posts are deleted, etc, without good reason in the future then regrettably we will have to act to stop it carrying on like that.

I think that is fair to all of us, I hope people agree.




Well I was sure it wasn't me. But now you've said "inexperienced" I'm assuming you mean it's the new mods. And as Johnny and WGO have said they havent I'm now a bit paranoid. Was it me? 

If it was it was a complete accident, although you have to press more than one button to lock a thread (I think) so i can't have done it accidentally. Who was it?

614 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 23:24

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Boggersbelief wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:I've no idea why this thread was locked but I do know who did it.

No explanation as been given to the rest of us behind the scenes either.

I've always believed that if you mod something you do it honestly, and for a reason.  I also believe you should give the reason as to why it was locked publically.

In that way if you do get it wrong - which sometimes happens, at least people can see what your intentions were and that it wasn't done for any ulterior reasons.

I also think you should be man enough to stand up for what you did and not hide from it.

We'll leave it at that and chalk it down to 'good intentions' or 'inexperience' or whatever else you might want to call it.

However if threads are locked, posts are deleted, etc, without good reason in the future then regrettably we will have to act to stop it carrying on like that.

I think that is fair to all of us, I hope people agree.




Well I was sure it wasn't me. But now you've said "inexperienced" I'm assuming you mean it's the new mods. And as Johnny and WGO have said they havent I'm now a bit paranoid. Was it me? 

If it was it was a complete accident, although you have to press more than one button to lock a thread (I think) so i can't have done it accidentally. Who was it?
I can't mod in this section so it couldn't be me, unless you or J2 have different rights you can't either, but it could have been done by accident I suppose it's only 1 click in the wrong place

615 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 23:37

Guest


Guest
@whatsgoingon wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Sorry but the more you post the more you sound like a sensationalist Daily Mail journalist.
So characterising is the refuge of the unintelligent, you hypocrite and silly little boy

You hide behind characterisations to avoid replying to the points you know bury your arguments.

I characterise you on the basis of you having absolutely nothing to back the views you're so keen to force on others.

616 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 23:40

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ok, just to be clear, people who have permission to edit threads & posts etc will find an array of buttons at the bottom of the thread to the right.

617 Re: Be more German on Mon Jul 25 2016, 00:13

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
@Boggersbelief wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:I've no idea why this thread was locked but I do know who did it.

No explanation as been given to the rest of us behind the scenes either.

I've always believed that if you mod something you do it honestly, and for a reason.  I also believe you should give the reason as to why it was locked publically.

In that way if you do get it wrong - which sometimes happens, at least people can see what your intentions were and that it wasn't done for any ulterior reasons.

I also think you should be man enough to stand up for what you did and not hide from it.

We'll leave it at that and chalk it down to 'good intentions' or 'inexperience' or whatever else you might want to call it.

However if threads are locked, posts are deleted, etc, without good reason in the future then regrettably we will have to act to stop it carrying on like that.

I think that is fair to all of us, I hope people agree.




Well I was sure it wasn't me. But now you've said "inexperienced" I'm assuming you mean it's the new mods. And as Johnny and WGO have said they havent I'm now a bit paranoid. Was it me? 

If it was it was a complete accident, although you have to press more than one button to lock a thread (I think) so i can't have done it accidentally. Who was it?

The Admin Audit trail states that your account locked the subject at 7.31pm.


As you say you didn't do it intentionally, then we fully accept that was the case.

Fwiw I've just been playing myself on an old thread and found you can lock a thread with just a single click.  I guess therefore you inadvertently clicked on the 'lock topic key' without knowing and moved off that page oblivious to what you had done.

Shit happens.

I've done much worse in the past (I cocked up and deleted a whole match thread once, remember) so lets put it down to just one of those things.

No harm done and everybody's still happy!

618 Re: Be more German on Mon Jul 25 2016, 00:27

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm hungover, chalk it down to that

619 Re: Be more German on Mon Jul 25 2016, 00:33

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Boggersbelief wrote:I'm hungover, chalk it down to that
Can't get the mods these days

620 Re: Be more German on Mon Jul 25 2016, 00:37

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
They all thought you'd been left in charge. Don't you forget that Smile

621 Re: Be more German on Mon Jul 25 2016, 00:49

Guest


Guest
How many mods are there now? Seems to be everyone except me.

622 Re: Be more German on Mon Jul 25 2016, 01:04

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Barb Dwyer wrote:How many mods are there now? Seems to be everyone except me.

You are a mod!

You have mod powers for your competition thread  I believe?

To be honest we don't really have any more mods than usual.

We always had two main mods Aaron and Keegan, well Aaron's not been around for ages and Keegan seems to be more a visitor these days than a regular, so we just asked Boggers and Johnny if they wanted to hang on to their mod powers and help to cover for the two who no longer seem to be about much.

We've tried something different with having a specific topic (Euro 2016) and having people to 'champion' it (giving them just mod powers for that specific thing to help them do that) - and it seemed to work ok - so we've simply done the same again by keeping on WGO and bringing in Mr Amos (who up to now hasn't been around much) to do the same for the Bolton Town section.

So no real change there either - like for like.

And finally the people who run our competitions like your goodself are similarly given mod powers to help them do so - if they require it at all.

So yes a lot of mods but at the same time hardly any at all - if you understand what I mean.

I guess a more accurate description is people having administrative powers to help them do a job for the rest of us on Nuts, if they happen to need it - albeit these powers are exactly the same as mods have.

Hope that explains things a bit more clearly?

623 Re: Be more German on Mon Jul 25 2016, 01:45

Copper Dragon

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@Sluffy wrote:


so we just asked Boggers and Johnny if they wanted to hang on to their mod powers and help to cover for the two who no longer seem to be about much.

Hope that explains things a bit more clearly?



It certainly does. It explains that you're fucking mental.  :facepalm:

624 Re: Be more German on Mon Jul 25 2016, 01:59

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
@Copper Dragon wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:...so we just asked Boggers and Johnny if they wanted to hang on to their mod powers and help to cover for the two who no longer seem to be about much.

Hope that explains things a bit more clearly?


It certainly does. It explains that you're fucking mental.  :facepalm:

That's the fun of Nuts though - at least we aren't boring!

Very Happy


Anyway get those three song links of yours pm-ed to me!

Thank you.




625 Re: Be more German on Mon Jul 25 2016, 10:57

Guest


Guest
@Copper Dragon wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:


so we just asked Boggers and Johnny if they wanted to hang on to their mod powers and help to cover for the two who no longer seem to be about much.

Hope that explains things a bit more clearly?



It certainly does. It explains that you're fucking mental.  :facepalm:
it would have been mental making a burnley supporter a mod on a bolton forum but otherwise how is it mental?

626 Re: Be more German on Mon Jul 25 2016, 11:23

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@y2johnny wrote:
@Copper Dragon wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:


so we just asked Boggers and Johnny if they wanted to hang on to their mod powers and help to cover for the two who no longer seem to be about much.

Hope that explains things a bit more clearly?



It certainly does. It explains that you're fucking mental.  :facepalm:
it would have been mental making a burnley supporter a mod on a bolton forum but otherwise how is it mental?
Well boggers locked a thread last night and nearly caused WW3  Very Happy

627 Re: Be more German on Mon Jul 25 2016, 12:24

scottjames30

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I nearly locked a thread, but I managed to find my way around the batcave to solve the problem.

Easy mistake to make, with all them fancy buttons .

628 Re: Be more German on Sun Aug 07 2016, 20:50

Guest


Guest
Interesting this, you have to admire the German's in not letting hysteria take over -

At the end of July, Germany was hit by a series of violent attacks, three of which were carried out by asylum seekers. So are Germans turning against Chancellor Angela Merkel's refugee policy? Damien McGuinness in Berlin is not convinced.

"Merkel on the ropes!" screeched one headline, after the recent attacks in Germany, before going on to predict confidently that her "premiership is hanging by a thread".

"Calls for Chancellor Angela Merkel to stand down grow," wrote another paper.
But what's interesting about these and similar articles is that they were written by English-speaking journalists reporting from outside Germany.

And in both these cases, the only evidence that Merkel's government was apparently about to fall was a video filmed by Russian TV of right-wing extremists protesting in Berlin. No polling data. No evidence. Just that video.

You can't necessarily blame the journalists. From the outside the narrative makes sense. Merkel allows Germany to take in more than a million asylum seekers from the Middle East. A year later there are violent Islamist attacks committed by migrants. So it stands to reason that her government is on the verge of collapse.

The problem is, though, the facts really get in the way of that story. Almost 70% of Germans do not think that Merkel's refugee policy contributed to the attacks, and the violence has barely had any effect on support for her centre-right party, making it unlikely that anyone else will lead the next government, let alone topple the present one.

Since the attacks, her personal approval ratings have slipped, but almost half of German voters, across the political spectrum, say they still want her as chancellor. In fact, she has no credible rivals - the left-wing opposition is small and the anti-migrant Alternative for Germany party is riven with internal rivalries.



http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36985861

629 Re: Be more German on Sun Aug 07 2016, 20:53

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Do you have a framed picture of Merkel in your bathroom?

630 Re: Be more German on Sun Aug 07 2016, 21:05

Guest


Guest
No space for it with all the Corbyn merchandise.

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum