Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Be more German

+17
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Bolton Nuts
Norpig
boltonbonce
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
Chairmanda
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 33]

601Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 19:17

"One of the things the EU could have done is put together guidelines as to what migrants from member states were entitled to so it was less likely that everyone headed to one or 2 countries because they offered more."

What's that got to do with the EU?

It's up to the British government what people can and can't claim and always has been.

And it's a bit ironic to read a comment from a pro-Brexit advocate basically complaining that the EU is somehow at fault for not poking its nose into British domestic legislation.

602Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 19:25

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:Opening the door completely was a bold move, I'm not sure yet it was the best thing to do (maybe some controls would have been better) but she saved countless lives in doing so.

The point of this thread was to say the UK government have not done anywhere even close to enough to help the worst humanitarian crisis in a generation - Cameron committed to 5,000 refugees over 5 years which remains an utter disgrace. And David Milibands interview above shows that.
But we also committed to large amounts of aid to help other countries like Turkey who could house them and are much closer to their own countries.
We are probably as far away as we could be yet still a first choice.
Financial help could be given to the neighbouring countries (which is where refugees are supposed to head to, which is the first available safe place) like Turkey and the rest of the world share the financial burden.

603Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 19:30

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:"One of the things the EU could have done is put together guidelines as to what migrants from member states were entitled to so it was less likely that everyone headed to one or 2 countries because they offered more."

What's that got to do with the EU?

It's up to the British government what people can and can't claim and always has been.

And it's a bit ironic to read a comment from a pro-Brexit advocate basically complaining that the EU is somehow at fault for not poking its nose into British domestic legislation.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/18/poland-will-not-accept-cut-in-benefits-for-those-already-in-uk-says-aide
this is the type of thing I'm referring to

604Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 19:30

Financial aid is great but when the numbers keep growing in the camps and there's no end in sight it's a short term fix not a long term solution.

We aren't 'first choice' for every migrant, we're a successful and supposedly tolerant country with plenty of opportunities so of course we're attractive as are Sweden, Germany and France.

Sorry but the more you post the more you sound like a sensationalist Daily Mail journalist.

605Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 20:12

This thread should be locked

You're all wankers

Wink

606Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 21:24

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:Financial aid is great but when the numbers keep growing in the camps and there's no end in sight it's a short term fix not a long term solution.

We aren't 'first choice' for every migrant, we're a successful and supposedly tolerant country with plenty of opportunities so of course we're attractive as are Sweden, Germany and France.

Sorry but the more you post the more you sound like a sensationalist Daily Mail journalist.
You sound more like a failed left wing political student every post so let's agree to disagree.
This should be locked after my post I reckon

607Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 22:07

whatsgoingon wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Financial aid is great but when the numbers keep growing in the camps and there's no end in sight it's a short term fix not a long term solution.

You sound more like a failed left wing political student every post so let's agree to disagree.
Why should it be locked?  It always gets a fair balances arguement the majority of the time this thread

608Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 22:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've no idea why this thread was locked but I do know who did it.

No explanation as been given to the rest of us behind the scenes either.

I've always believed that if you mod something you do it honestly, and for a reason.  I also believe you should give the reason as to why it was locked publically.

In that way if you do get it wrong - which sometimes happens, at least people can see what your intentions were and that it wasn't done for any ulterior reasons.

I also think you should be man enough to stand up for what you did and not hide from it.

We'll leave it at that and chalk it down to 'good intentions' or 'inexperience' or whatever else you might want to call it.

However if threads are locked, posts are deleted, etc, without good reason in the future then regrettably we will have to act to stop it carrying on like that.

I think that is fair to all of us, I hope people agree.

609Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 22:33

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

Why should it be locked?  It always gets a fair balances arguement the majority of the time this thread
It was a joke referring to getting the last word

610Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 22:35

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:I've no idea why this thread was locked but I do know who did it.

I've always believed that if you mod something you do it honestly, and for a reason.  I also believe you should give the reason as to why it was locked publically.

In that way if you do get it wrong - which sometimes happens, at least people can see what your intentions were and that it wasn't done for any ulterior reasons.

I also think you should be man enough to stand up for what you did and not hide from it.

We'll leave it at that and chalk it down to 'good intentions' or 'inexperience' or whatever else you might want to call it.

However if threads are locked, posts are deleted, etc, without good reason in the future then regrettably we will have to act to stop it carrying on like that.

I thought the "inexperienced" mods were only on the new section

611Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 22:55

whatsgoingon wrote:

Again - says a lot that you ignore all the counter arguments to the baseless points you raise, in favour of trying to characterise me in some way.

If you're so much better than the 'left wing politics' you're so keen to patronise then show us why, at the moment you're embarrassing yourself.

612Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 23:15

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:Sorry but the more you post the more you sound like a sensationalist Daily Mail journalist.
So characterising is the refuge of the unintelligent, you hypocrite and silly little boy

613Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 23:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well I was sure it wasn't me. But now you've said "inexperienced" I'm assuming you mean it's the new mods. And as Johnny and WGO have said they havent I'm now a bit paranoid. Was it me? 

If it was it was a complete accident, although you have to press more than one button to lock a thread (I think) so i can't have done it accidentally. Who was it?

614Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 23:24

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:

Well I was sure it wasn't me. But now you've said "inexperienced" I'm assuming you mean it's the new mods. And as Johnny and WGO have said they havent I'm now a bit paranoid. Was it me? 

If it was it was a complete accident, although you have to press more than one button to lock a thread (I think) so i can't have done it accidentally. Who was it?
I can't mod in this section so it couldn't be me, unless you or J2 have different rights you can't either, but it could have been done by accident I suppose it's only 1 click in the wrong place

615Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 23:37

whatsgoingon wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Sorry but the more you post the more you sound like a sensationalist Daily Mail journalist.
So characterising is the refuge of the unintelligent, you hypocrite and silly little boy

You hide behind characterisations to avoid replying to the points you know bury your arguments.

I characterise you on the basis of you having absolutely nothing to back the views you're so keen to force on others.

616Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Sun Jul 24 2016, 23:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ok, just to be clear, people who have permission to edit threads & posts etc will find an array of buttons at the bottom of the thread to the right.

617Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Jul 25 2016, 00:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:

The Admin Audit trail states that your account locked the subject at 7.31pm.

As you say you didn't do it intentionally, then we fully accept that was the case.

Fwiw I've just been playing myself on an old thread and found you can lock a thread with just a single click.  I guess therefore you inadvertently clicked on the 'lock topic key' without knowing and moved off that page oblivious to what you had done.

Shit happens.

I've done much worse in the past (I cocked up and deleted a whole match thread once, remember) so lets put it down to just one of those things.

No harm done and everybody's still happy!

618Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Jul 25 2016, 00:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm hungover, chalk it down to that

619Be more German - Page 31 Empty Re: Be more German Mon Jul 25 2016, 00:33

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:I'm hungover, chalk it down to that