Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jussi signs for West Ham on 2 year deal - plus lastest on KNIGHT - Nixon

+15
chipbutty
Bolton Nuts
Lyric Todkill
Keegan
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

More here....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pity really, because we do need experienced cover for Bogdan. I have heard good reports about Rob Lainton so we might be okay. I reckon Jussi probably wasn't offered enough money to stay with us. He did have his testimony in 09 so perhaps the time is right for him to leave.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sad but we can't afford to keep him as backup. No doubt he will be off to West Ham Wanderers.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I just wish WHW were interested in Zat Knight as well!!!

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:Pity really, because we do need experienced cover for Bogdan. I have heard good reports about Rob Lainton so we might be okay. I reckon Jussi probably wasn't offered enough money to stay with us. He did have his testimony in 09 so perhaps the time is right for him to leave.
IMO Bogdan should be cover for jussi next season.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:He did have his testimony in 09 so perhaps the time is right for him to leave.

What was he in court for?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't really see the point of keeping Jussi on as second choice. You could say he can mentor the younger keepers, but we already have two goalkeeping coaches.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

West Ham are interested in Zaha, Snodgrass, Jussi, and have agreed a deal to sign Yakubu.

ITK

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think there's much in it between him and Bogdan, so I won't lose any sleep over it!

Obviously, it has to be noted what a top keeper he's been for Bolton!

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think I'd have stuck with Jussi all season but we'll never know if we'd have stayed up or not with him in nets.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

West ham will move for Paul Robinson (the goalie) if Jussi snubs.

Rob Greene has decided to leave though so they need a keeper.

As for Jussi im not bothered he'd only play if Bogdan gets injured and he's way past his best.

Thanks though for some cracking moments over the years, a fantastic servant.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not that I'm really bothered but where is Green going?

I can't think of any one who would want him as first choice on the wages he must want?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No idea sorry! He's one of the worst goalies i've ever seen so i can't imagine they're bothered.

apparently they want both Paul Robinson and Jussi.

They've also made inquiries regarding Joe Cole and Dirk Kuyt.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Can't think who'd want Rob Green - him and his hammers buddies sure were Bolton's bitch - missing 6 points from them last season was the reason we went down, bastards.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

That's my point - why would he turn down a contract presumably that would be attractive to Jussi or Robinson if he has no other obvious place to go?

I'm guessing he'll probably end up abroad somewhere then?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

he will end up lining up to bum big sam like most of our ex players do...

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not arsed about Jussi leaving. I lost faith in him in 2011. He just kept getting beaten from outside the box.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I know he's been fantastic for us and all that but my memory of him will be him once again on his knees as the ball goes into the top corner of the net - wtf did he start going to ground every fecking time?

He never used to do.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I wish Jussi well - he has been a fantastic player for Bolton. I will lose no sleep over his leaving, however. I am far more concerned about the prospect of Zat Knight staying. I really hope he doesn't.

Thank you for reading,

Keegan.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Goalkeeper Rob Green will leave West Ham this summer, joint-chairman David Gold has said.

England international Green, 32, is out of contract at the end of June and has not agreed new terms despite the club's promotion back to the Premier League.

"Robert Green is a free agent, he has chosen to move on," Gold wrote on Twitter.

"Nobody wants Rob to leave but nothing is forever, he must do what's best for him and we must do what's best for us."

Green's departure is a disappointment to Gold as he believed the player would stay at Upton Park after the club clinched promotion last month with victory over Blackpool in the Championship play-off final at Wembley.

The former Norwich keeper was an unused substitute as England beat Belgium 1-0 at Wembley on Saturday in their final warm-up ahead of Euro 2012.

Green, who has 12 England caps, is expected to provide cover for Manchester City's Joe Hart at the tournament in Poland and Ukraine.

He joined the Hammers from Norwich for £2m in 2006 and made 241 appearances.

Reports have linked Bolton keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen, who played under West Ham manager Sam Allardyce at Bolton, with a move to West Ham.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum