Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

14 years ago today.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

114 years ago today. Empty 14 years ago today. Fri Sep 11 2015, 11:28

Everything changed.

Al Qaida attacks the US, Muslims become the "enemy", The War on Terror commences and the hunt for OBL begins.

Resulting in an occupation of Afghanistan which is still on-going today and has cost god only knows what in terms of lives lost.

Gulf War Two kicks off in 2003 (despite the fact that none of the 9/11 perpetrators had anything to do with Iraq), Saddam is removed, society breaks down into tribal feudalism and we wind up with IS.

Throw the Syrian mess into the equation and what have we got?

The biggest threat to world peace since 1945.

Makes you think, dunnit?

214 years ago today. Empty Re: 14 years ago today. Fri Sep 11 2015, 13:19

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Amazing how one event can impact the world for so many years after.

I can still remember being at work and hearing the news coming through on the radio like it was yesterday. I was only 17 going on 18 and even though it's been 14 years it really doesn't seem that long ago. 

Unfortunately it won't be the last atrocity of this magnitude in all likelihood.

314 years ago today. Empty Re: 14 years ago today. Fri Sep 11 2015, 13:54

This happened 13 years ago today, I remember sitting in the ground thinking what would happen if someone flew a plane into it.

14 years ago I had just finished work and was driving past Leverhulme Park and it came on the radio that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Centre. I had absolutely no idea what the WTC was so couldn't really picture it in my head or unddrstand what was happening.

414 years ago today. Empty Re: 14 years ago today. Fri Sep 11 2015, 14:50

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Barb Dwyer wrote:

This happened 13 years ago today, I remember sitting in the ground thinking what would happen if someone flew a plane into it.

14 years ago I had just finished work and was driving past Leverhulme Park and it came on the radio that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Centre. I had absolutely no idea what the WTC was so couldn't really picture it in my head or unddrstand what was happening.

Will you please stop posting video clips like this as it breaks my heart to see what we once were and  to be reminded that we are now reduced to a poverty stricken set of also rans in a division with no class, style or hope

514 years ago today. Empty Re: 14 years ago today. Fri Sep 11 2015, 15:00

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Watching videos like that should keep you going through the lean times Rammy.

They shouldn't depress you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum