Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald Trump for President of the USA

+35
Dunkels King
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Growler
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
King Bill
DEANO82
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
Lard Lad
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
okocha
Bread2.0
xmiles
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
observer
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
Chairmanda
Copper Dragon
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Bwfc1958
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
rammywhite
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 28 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 50]

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I do not for one moment think Trump is stupid, after all the man has made an awful lot of money and more importantly kept most of it which only goes to show he's not dumb. However, I do feel that the people who have voted him into his current (probable) position as the Republican candidate come from the right wing of an already right wing party. In truth it's been obvious for some years that the Tea Party has much more support among grass roots Republicans than any other faction and is far better organised especially during Primary races. The Koch brothers have built up a 'machine' similar to that which the Democrats had in the 30's in particular. 

What truly worries me about Trump is he seems to believe in very simplistic answers to the many and very real, very complex problems facing the world today. His "ban all Muslims from entering America" statement, his "I've got the guts to drop the A-bomb" and his "Block Mexican immigration by building a wall all along our border" might sound good in the press but in reality they not only don't solve the real problems, they don't even address them. 

Also take a good look at who's endorsing the man. Sarah Palin, Michelle Buchanan, Mitch Connelly to name but three very senior Tea Party figures. I am more or less certain that America's business leaders who have also endorsed him (and there are many) are operating under the belief that they can 'control' Trump. Another group of highly influential politicians and business leaders believed that they could control their country's leader after they lobbied to have him installed. 

The year was 1932 and the place was Germany. The man was called Adolf Hitler. 

And no, I don't think the comparison is alarmist. "He who ignores the past is doomed to repeat it."
Peter - Yes and No.  Trump has not been supported by the far right.  In fact, I believe the vote for him is one against the establishment.  We have too many political cronies and Congress is all about raising money to keep getting themselves elected.  The far right supported Ted Cruz.  The same thing has been happening with Bernie Sanders.  Those who are against the establishment (Bush and Clinton) are voting against Clinton.  This is one big anti-establishment movement that is going on.  Primaries are really very undemocratic and should not be viewed with that much emphasis on their outcome.  They are controlled by state party bosses... often the will of the people is not heard.  For instance, super delegates are elected by the party bosses to offset what the popular vote may be.  Sanders is only behind about 300 delegates that were voted, but way behind when you add in 750 superdelegates voting for Hillary Clinton.  Ted Cruz also tried to manipulate votes away from Trump with closed door and back room politics.  So both parties can be labeled undemocratic in name and in principle.  In primaries, people in some states can cross over and vote.  One thing is for sure... Trump is setting records in the numbers turning out to vote Republican.  As Sanders brings in independents, Trump brings in huge numbers from both sides. 

There's a very angry electorate and one of the candidates could be indicted.  Then what would happen?  The next few months may prove interesting.

By the way, none of them have specifics for answers to real world problems.  Neither Trump, nor Clinton, or Sanders for that matter have any answers.  By the way, the Clinton money machine may have caught up to the Donald's wealth.  One can only surmise.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

It has to be seen to be believed.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Bwfc1958 wrote:

It has to be seen to be believed.

Shocked

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They really are neanderthals.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

In mitigation it is a satirical news show who have gone out of their way to show the worst of the worst, but you get the impression in some of the small towns in middle America there would be some pretty rich pickings.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The most powerful nation on Earth. Scary.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, get real. If you walked into Bolton town centre and picked 10 people at random to talk politics to, most would sound very much like the people in that film.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ha ha, get real. If you walked into Bolton town centre and picked 10 people at random to talk politics to, most would sound very much like the people in that film.
No they wouldn't, if you went to Burnley maybe or even worse Preston,

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
No they wouldn't, if you went to Burnley maybe or even worse Preston,

Doubtful, but the point is it's not hard to find stupid people in any town.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Agreed. (You can find them on some forums as well) (Not you Nat!)  Very Happy

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I once sold a pipe on ebay to an American who lived in a place called Bean Station somewhere in USA. When it came to pay for his item I told him I would send it by Royal Mail. He replied by saying, " Jeez Buddy that would be absolutely amazing."

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I really, really hope he was sat there for ages, fully expecting some Guards' officer in a red tunic and bearskin to arrive and stroll up to his Airstream trailer, carrying your pipe on a red velvet cushion.

And then very politely apologise for it taking about three weeks as he presented it to him before smarty saluting, turning on his heel and doing a slow march back down the path......

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A drainpipe?

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It could have been a big cushion.

You never know....

(I had to go back and check what RT had originally posted then, you twat.  Very Happy)

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Desperate Dan smoked a pipe made out of a drainpipe,with a dustbin on the end,although I'm buggered if I can find a picture of it.
His smoking habit has been expunged from history.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I know what you mean.

I went in the McManus Pie Shop in Farnworth last week and asked for a proper cow pie and they gave me a bog standard Steak & Onion thing.

No horns, no tails sticking out - Nowt.

Won't make that mistake again.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And can you buy a blow torch for shaving?

No. H&S gone mad.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:Desperate Dan smoked a pipe made out of a drainpipe,with a dustbin on the end,although I'm buggered if I can find a picture of it.
His smoking habit has been expunged from history.

I couldn't find an image of him smoking either. Shaving with a blow torch yes but smoking no.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a little bit ashamed that I've got people googling 'desperate dan smoking'.

I can only hope you don't end up on a less than respectable site.

Last edited by boltonbonce on Fri Sep 23 2016, 23:32; edited 1 time in total

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tony B's legacy.

The man who outlawed smoking in public and made it only slightly less cool than having sex with animals.

The pub trade died almost overnight but it stopped people from obsessing and fretting over his decision (made with help from God) to invade Iraq and destabilise the entire Middle East in the process.

Top bloke......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 28 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum