Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strange habits

+7
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Numpty 28723
rammywhite
Chairmanda
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Strange habits Empty Strange habits Thu Oct 01 2015, 23:20

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Against my better judgement, I'm starting a shit thread. It's quiet on here today so I reckon I can get away with it. 

Do you have any strange little habits that you either grew up with or have been doing for so long you just can't stop yourself?

I'm not talking about things like masturbating whilst watching Bruce Forsyth dvds, I mean, we're all guilty of that at one point or another I'm sure.

No, I mean the daft little things that you do and reckon nobody else does.

I have this thing I do where I screw up the end of my socks between my toes. It's kind of hard to explain but I wind up looking like I have pigs trotters for feet.

Another one is when I put the guide on the tv, before I can read it, I have to scroll all the way to the top and read it from there. If I'm in the middle to begin with it just don't know whether to go upwards or downwards. It drives me mad and I must go to the top.

Anyone else have strange little habits?

2Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 06:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't come down the stairs one at a time. I  have to come down two or three at a time. This started at around the age of 10,and I've no idea why.
I also have to shave the left side of my face first. Otherwise I'll die. Think it's some form of OCD.
Wonder what Magoo will come up with?

3Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 08:02

When I peg the washing out, I always have to do it in the same order:

Shirts, t-shirts, trousers, undies, socks - in that order.

No idea why, just always have and I can't settle if Mrs B has done it with her cavalier "it's only pegging the washing out, what does it matter?" attitude.

We have seriously argued about it on more than one occasion.

4Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 09:59

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Breadman wrote:When I peg the washing out, I always have to do it in the same order:

No idea why, just always have and I can't settle if Mrs B has done it with her cavalier "it's only pegging the washing out, what does it matter?" attitude.

Hanging out your own washing eh breaders.

Proper 21st century man.  Very Happy

5Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 10:04

I do a lot of the cooking and wash up too.

And I do most of the ironing.

I think it comes from moving to Brum for college when I was 18 - you've got to be self-sufficient or you starve to death in dirty smelly clothes.

And over the last fifteen years I've probably spent half of that time living away in hotels for work, so I suppose I over compensate a bit when I'm home.

If I'm away, Mrs B has to work full time and do all the house related stuff, so I think I'm subconsciously giving something back when I'm here.

I don't mind either.

6Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 10:26

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

I do a lot of the washing up and all that stuff as well but the missus always stops me because I'm apparently putting stuff in the bowl in the wrong order. It's a bit weird. I think she's got ocd or something. It's the same when packing bags at the supermarket. She won't let me do it because she wants things in a certain order and I do it wrong and it drives her mad.

As for the cooking, I wouldn't inflict my shit cooking on the family, it wouldn't be fair.   Very Happy

7Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 10:31

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This has morphed into a new man thread a bit, pleased to see it. I am also pleased to say I have no strange habits, none at all...I think...

8Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 11:13

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There's probably a name for this- someone will have designated it as a syndrome- but its when the weather forecast is on the telly and they show you the temperatures for all the different parts of the country. I run through them quickly to make sure that no number is missed out.

if it showed something like 11,12,13,15,16,17- then I'd be nervous as there's no 14.
Am I a nutter with potential to be a psychopath. Or am I just a nutter?

9Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 11:23

I've just indulged one of my odd passions now.

Straightening the trolleys (trollies?) in the trolley shack on Tesco car park.

I simply can not walk away if they're not all lined up neatly because it nags away at me.

And the sense of satisfaction when I've done it is immense.

10Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 11:43

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Rammy the numerologist...who'd a thunk it?

11Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 11:45

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Chairmanda wrote:Rammy the numerologist...who'd a thunk it?

Is that what it's called? D'you think I need counselling?

12Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 11:48

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think you need to stop watching weather forecasts, and any other situation where non sequential numbers cause a pattern you find distressing

13Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 11:49

Here you go, Rammy:

http://www.numerology.com/

Not a pile of new-age, flaky bollocks for people who think that their cat talks to them and they can see angels at all, mate.

Crack on.  Very Happy

14Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 12:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can only sleep if I can hear rain.
If it's not raining I play rain effects on my laptop.Strange habits 63

15Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 12:52

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:When I peg the washing out, I always have to do it in the same order:

I'll confess to a similar one to this - putting the clean cutlery back in the drawer always has to go in the order of: a knife, then a fork, then a spoon and so on, in the same order 'til they're all put away.

No other OCDs, just that one, I don't have a clue how or why it started.

16Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 13:29

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Have you guys seen As Good as it Gets, starring Jack Nicholson? Jack plays a novelist who has OCD. Great film but there are two really memorable, clever quotes to enjoy: In despair at how his OCD is affecting his life, Jack goes to a therapist who spends a long time discussing his symptoms rather than suggesting answers. Jack loses patience and says: " Listen, I'm drowning here and you're describing the water......!"

Later, he is being interviewed about his most recent novel which features a female heroine. His interviewer is a huge fan and asks Jack how he writes the female characters so convincingly. He hesitates as he considers, and finally says, "Well...I think of a man and take away reason and accountability...."

Cue huge peals of laughter from the males in the cinema and loud dissension from the females.

Something to stir responses from Manda and Natasha perhaps?

17Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 14:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:

Something to stir responses from Manda and Natasha perhaps?

I'll need more to feel a stirring in my loins.

18Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 14:48

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Here you go, Rammy:

http://www.numerology.com/

Not a pile of new-age, flaky bollocks for people who think that their cat talks to them and they can see angels at all, mate.

Crack on.  Very Happy

I wish you hadn't sent me that- I've been looking at it for an hour now  - and I can see the light!!

19Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 17:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Waking up without an alarm at 05.25.

20Strange habits Empty Re: Strange habits Fri Oct 02 2015, 18:17

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

rammywhite wrote:There's probably a name for this- someone will have designated it as a syndrome- but its when the weather forecast is on the telly and they show you the temperatures for all the different parts of the country. I run through them quickly to make sure that no number is missed out.

if it showed something like 11,12,13,15,16,17- then I'd be nervous as there's no 14.
Am I a nutter with potential to be a psychopath. Or am I just a nutter?
Rammy, given Fin's posting on the dinner thread, I decided I needed a Thai meal delivered this eve...by chance, I have ordered a 16, 25, 36...ie 4 squared, 5 squared and 6 squared...are you proud of me?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum