Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

North Korea

+6
rammywhite
Sluffy
Bolton Nuts
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
karlypants
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1North Korea Empty North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a fascination about this place and would love to visit sometime.

I know that some of you may think it is weird due to what has gone on there with Kim Jong-il (and family) and the war between South Korea but the place isn't littered with American investment such as Starbuck, McDonalds, BK etc etc and it really appeals with it being a country that hasn't been changed like the rest of the world.

What do you all think?

Would it be a place where you would like to visit before it becomes very commercial like everywhere else?

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:06; edited 1 time in total

2North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:06

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes and the other countries I'd like to visit are Syria, Eritrea and Afghanistan.

3North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Yes and the other countries I'd like to visit are Syria, Eritrea and Afghanistan.
Not sure how you can compare North Korea to those 3 countries...

4North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:13

Surely the unstable leader with a twitchy trigger finger resting on the nuke launch button is a bit of a put off.  Have you seen the interview?

Yep, i know its a comedy, and i know it has seth rogen banging a korean female soldier, but the actual facts they use in the film arent far off.  People starving unless they are a soldier.  A bigger army than the rest of the population.  Kim jong un has never had a shit

Last edited by y2johnny on Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:17; edited 1 time in total

5North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:14

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mass murder at the hands of complete shit bags.

No I don't know how I compare them either.

6North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would just like to point out that Kim Jong Il is dead and his successor is Kim Jong Un.

7North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:17

I typed un at first and noticed you put il so changed mine as i was unsure and couldnt be arsed googling

8North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

North Korea is one big concentration camp. Run by a chubby evil cunt, suppose it could be a nice country once he's removed.

9North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:21

Baby your a firework

10North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:I typed un at first and noticed you put il so changed mine as i was unsure and couldnt be arsed googling
Don't worry about it. Very Happy

I just find it a fascinating country that is untouched by America, it's an untouched land in a way and would like to see how it is before it all changes.

I know there is famine there and shortage of food and I feel their Nuclear threats are just that, am empty threat to USA the country they hate and to push them to deliver food.

Their country is starting to change, people are smuggling in pen drives with movies/music/news, laptops and choco pies etc.

The younger generation are changing towards how we are.

It won't be long until "people power" changes all this for the good.

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:27; edited 1 time in total

11North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jwl

12North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:26

I know what you mean but im sure there are other places that are untouched by americana. For example the nearest maccies/kfc/burger king was 16 miles away when i was in ulverston, plus it has a laurel and hardy museum. Go there. Be safe Wink

13North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Given that a watch kp. It's a strange place

14North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Given that a watch kp. It's a strange place
I don't think I have seen this vid Boggers but have watched umpteen of them and still been fascinated by them.

I will give it a watch cheers. Smile

15North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 20:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vice news is the thing to search if you want to watch strange documentaries

16North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 21:50

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Yeah kp. Totally get where you are coming from and understand your interest in going there... They do scare me though. Although, having said that we are subject to a lot of propaganda re North Korea in the same way the Americans were about the Japanese a few years back...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

17North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sat Oct 10 2015, 23:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:I have a fascination about this place and would love to visit sometime.

I know that some of you may think it is weird due to what has gone on there with Kim Jong-il (and family) and the war between South Korea but the place isn't littered with American investment such as Starbuck, McDonalds, BK etc etc and it really appeals with it being a country that hasn't been changed like the rest of the world.

What do you all think?

Would it be a place where you would like to visit before it becomes very commercial like everywhere else?

If your raison d'etre for going is to visit an un USA infested place then would not Cuba be a much better (and safer) bet?

Better get a move on though as Cuba / USA relations are thawing very fast these days.

18North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Sun Oct 11 2015, 08:55

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:I have a fascination about this place and would love to visit sometime.

What do you all think?

If your raison d'etre for going is to visit an un USA infested place then would not Cuba be a much better (and safer) bet?

Better get a move on though as Cuba / USA relations are thawing very fast these days.

One of the funny and nonsensical stories- and it shows how brain washed the population are- was when a new 18 hole golf course was opened to attract visitors to the north of Pyongyang.
The Korean news on TV broadcast that it was opened by Kim Jong-il who played the first round and scored 11 holes in one.
And the population believed it!.
I'd rather not visit it ( thank you for the offer though) as it would be depressing.
But Cuba sounds much more interesting.
The sooner that China pulls the plug on North Korea the better, but the idea that there will be revolution from below sounds a bit dangerous as it would end in a bloodbath that might suck in South Korea.
I's rather it changed with the inevitability of gradualism

19North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Mon Oct 12 2015, 10:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Strangely enough...you can actually go on a package tour to North Korea and they actually have a 5 star hotel in Pyongyang. Most of the excursions are monitored and are accompanied by Government security staff. I bet there aren't many tourists from the UK who have made the trip but I would imagine it would be quite interesting.

20North Korea Empty Re: North Korea Mon Oct 12 2015, 11:07

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

The suffering of some of those living in North Korea is unimaginable. This is an interesting (if that's the right word) view from the inside.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/11138496/Escape-from-North-Korea-How-I-escaped-horrors-of-life-under-Kim-Jong-il.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum