Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

N Korea Warns Of 'Merciless' Nuclear Strike

+7
scottjames30
wanderlust
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
Copper Dragon
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

North Korea's army says it has approval to attack the US as America moves a missile defence system to Guam.

The North Korean army says it has "ratified" a merciless attack against the United States, potentially involving a "cutting-edge" nuclear strike.

"The moment of explosion is approaching fast," the North Korean military said in a statement on state news agency KCNA.

War could break out "today or tomorrow," the statement said, quoting a spokesman for the General Staff of the Korean People's Army.

"The merciless operation of (our) revolutionary armed forces in this regard has been finally examined and ratified.

"The US had better ponder over the prevailing grave situation."

Pyongyang's latest pronouncement came as Washington scrambled to reinforce its Pacific defences, preparing to move an advanced missile defence system to the island of Guam.

The land-based weapon, which is primed to shoot down short and medium-range missiles, will be moved to the US territory to defend its bases there.

The Pentagon has already sent dispatched bombers, stealth fighters and ships.

Tensions have been soaring on the Korean peninsula since the North launched a long-range rocket in December and conducted its third nuclear test in February.

North Korea has threatened missile and nuclear strikes against the US and South Korea in response to UN sanctions and joint military drills.

US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel said earlier Wednesday that North Korea's "bellicose dangerous rhetoric" posed a "real and clear danger" to America and its allies South Korea and Japan.

"They have nuclear capacity now, they have missile delivery capacity now," he said.

"We take those threats seriously, we have to take those threats seriously.

"We are doing everything we can, working with the Chinese and others to defuse that situation on the peninsula.

"I hope the North will ratchet its very dangerous rhetoric down."

And in another escalation in the crisis, North Korea on Wednesday blocked access to the key Kaesong joint industrial zone with South Korea.

Any move on Kaesong - established in 2004 and a crucial source of hard currency for North Korea - carries enormous significance.

Neither of the Koreas has allowed previous crises to significantly affect the complex, which is the only surviving example of inter-Korean cooperation and seen as a bellwether for stability on the Korean peninsula.

China, the North's sole major ally, appealed for "calm" from all sides, repeating Beijing's oft-declared position.

http://news.sky.com/story/1073563/n-korea-warns-of-merciless-nuclear-strike

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

North Korea is one messed up state, why do they have a fascination on nuking every fucker,

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yap Yap Yap Yap like a shitty little dog.

Only they'd eat it when we'd kick it over the fence.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

hahahaha!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They'll probably be showing fake videos on their state controlled tv stations today of them destroying America.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With the US moving to Guam, they could have some sort of back and forth there.

But they obviously can't reach the US, so why lie.

And what does he have to gain from all this nonsense?

Wake up!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They're just starting to recommission the plutonium manufacturing plant. By the time they've made enough and then got it into missile form we'll be past caring. This is simple posturing in an effort to get trade concessions and everybody know it.
Despite that, everyone also knows this is a perfect excuse for America to jump in with both feet. They've just been waiting for an excuse like this since they got pumped by North Korea in the 50s. Chinese won't like it one bit so expect some more political posturing.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone watch that panorama documentary on N Korea the other night ?

I feel sorry for the people of N Korea, I bet every single one of them would love to slot the leader in the head and get out of the country, but there too scared, they just live in fear.

What a horrible dictator .

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

FFS by the time they get round to launching missiles the plute will be into it's half life!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I believe this is almost a 'seasonal' baiting of the south and America, usually, as wander says, for not just trade concessions, but for an increase in aid. However, this time there is a further complication in that the young leader has not yet got a strong enough power base, and this posturing is seen by many as his attempt to sway the public, and other leaders. The danger is that, through his inexperience he may over-step the mark with his comments, and actually trigger small skirmishes between North and South, which could escalate.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Perhaps his bollox haven't dropped yet?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Lets hope he drops them rather than bombs

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is a weak leader compared to his dad, is surrounded by old school generals with a point to prove, and is desperate to earn some street cred with them and the people.
It's ronery at the top.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But they've gone very quiet over the last few days - I suppose they'll be back in about six months with another round of pointless rhetoric.
There's one thing I miss about it- and that's the News broadcasts from them- Fiery Freda shouting at the camera in her Primark top about how they'll make the Americans suffer.
It was the best thing since Comical Ali back in the Iraq war days.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Rammy, I'm curious, you've referred to 'Comical Ali' a couple of times now. Is it deliberate ? The real person is of course Chemical Ali, who got the anme when he poisoned thousands of Kurds. (Just thought I would ask)

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:Rammy, I'm curious, you've referred to 'Comical Ali' a couple of times now. Is it deliberate ? The real person is of course Chemical Ali, who got the anme when he poisoned thousands of Kurds. (Just thought I would ask)

Comical Ali was the nickname given to the Iraqi Information officer during the war against them.

Wiki link below.

Maybe this Youtube might jog your memory Glos -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thanks Sluffy. To be honest, I'd forgotten all about this character. Rammy, forget my question, obviously yet another Senior Moment on my part, (these 'moments' seem to be lasting a long time nowadays Crying or Very sad)

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The sooner they get rid of their leader and open the gates to the world, the sooner the people of N Korea can be happy and stop living in fear.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet there ain't even ant ganja plants.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm sure I read something recently about weed being legal in North Korea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum