Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preston 0-0 Bolton

+14
Bwfc1958
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
simsamsuk
Jack Russell
doffcocker
rammywhite
wanderlust
Numpty 28723
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 21:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What an awful match that must have been to watch on TV.

Deepdale is a lovely ground, the atmosphere was good and the weather was good but the reasons to be happy about having paid £20 for a ticket end there.

Can somebody tell me why our fans find it amusing to chant "wanky Wanderers" when it's already perfectly apparent what a shite team we've got?

62Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 21:52

Sky must love putting us on. 2 matches this season both 0-0 and both devoid of any real chances. Roll on the Brentford match in a few week.

63Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 22:12

doffcocker wrote:What an awful match that must have been to watch on TV.

Deepdale is a lovely ground, the atmosphere was good and the weather was good but the reasons to be happy about having paid £20 for a ticket end there.

Can somebody tell me why our fans find it amusing to chant "wanky Wanderers" when it's already perfectly apparent what a shite team we've got?

It sounded like the Bolton fans were chanting "We want Gartside out" just before the end.

Can you confirm this, Doff?

Cheers.

64Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 22:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to say that the "wanky wanderers" chant is absolutely shit and absolutely hate it.

Whichever knobs are chanting this, can you please stop as it is embarrassing.

Thank you!

65Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 22:21

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Can't even be arsed complaining about it any more. We're complete dogshit and it's not gonna change anytime soon. We could play all night and never score. Depressing. I do think their defender was last man and lucky to stay on though when he brought down Clayton. We shouldn't need to rely on stuff like that but every little helps and we need all the help we can get.

66Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 22:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I have to say that the "wanky wanderers" chant is absolutely shit and absolutely hate it.

Thank you!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Very Happy

67Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 22:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:I have to say that the "wanky wanderers" chant is absolutely shit and absolutely hate it.

Thank you!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Very Happy
Very Happy

68Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 22:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:
doffcocker wrote:What an awful match that must have been to watch on TV.

It sounded like the Bolton fans were chanting "We want Gartside out" just before the end.

Can you confirm this, Doff?

Cheers.

That's right Bread, as well as "fuck off Gartside, you're ruining our club!"

I've said before that I think the timing of fans jumping on his back tends to be stupid, but I was tempted myself to join in tonight. I think a lot of people saw it as a good chance to spread the word of what a worm the bloke is, knowing the match was televised.

69Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 22:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Barb Dwyer wrote:Sky must love putting us on. 2 matches this season both 0-0 and both devoid of any real chances. Roll on the Brentford match in a few week.

Annoying that we'll have been on Sky three times - one home match and two very local away matches.

Where's Sky on a Tuesday night when we're away in fucking Ipswich?

70Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 22:45

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

In his post match interview Lennon says that overall, he's pleased with the performance.  :facepalm:

71Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 22:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apologies guys, I would post the content for this usual but I've been thrown out the house. Very Happy

72Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 22:51

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

karlypants wrote:Apologies guys, I would post the content for this usual but I've been thrown out the house. Very Happy
Has your missus finally found out about your bargain booze bins shenanigans? Serves you right you dirty bugger  Very Happy

73Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 22:59

karlypants wrote:Apologies guys, I would post the content for this usual but I've been thrown out the house. Very Happy

Spill.

Now.

(Cheers Doff, by the way.)

74Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 23:10

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Neil Lennon says his Bolton Wanderers side are moving in the right direction after earning a share of the spoils at Preston on Saturday evening.

In a closely-contested game in front of the Sky television cameras, neither side were able to break the deadlock.

Gary Madine worked the Preston goalkeeper in the second half in what was arguably Bolton’s best opportunity, but in the end Bolton and their strong travelling contingent were forced to settle for a point.

“It’s a good point in the right direction,” Lennon said after the game. “I think you could see that everyone is pointing in the right direction and trying to improve our situation.

“We had an amazing backing tonight, and I can’t thank the fans enough for that. There were plenty of positives tonight, it was just a bit of a shame we couldn’t nick a winner at the end.

“We were resolute throughout, though I would have liked us to have shown a little bit more quality on the ball. I thought we were a little bit frantic at times.

“In the second half we improved and managed to get the likes of Josh Vela and Jay Spearing on the ball. David Wheater was a giant at the back as well.

“I did think the full backs could have been a bit better on the ball, but all in all I thought it was a decent performance.

“Yes, we did lack a bit of creativity at times, but it’s always hard coming away from home. It’s a clean sheet, which is something we haven’t had for a while.

“We want to play in a certain way and hopefully slowly but surely we’re moving in the right direction. I would like to see us create more chances with amount of possession we usually have.

“We also had two free-kicks in good areas today, but failed to work the goalkeeper. That’s really disappointing, because set pieces are something we work on. 

“On the whole though, we’re pleased with the performance. We now go to Ipswich on Tuesday night in a positive frame of mind.”

75Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 23:11

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

You're welcome kp  Smile

76Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sat Oct 31 2015, 23:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks 58! Very Happy

77Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 01 2015, 00:06

Fuck off, Lennon.

A far more accurate and apposite appraisal would be that we were utterly fucking clueless throughout and the writing is well and truly on the wall.

Preston are shit. Utterly shit.

But we made them look ok.

Lennon's fucking useless but it's not entirely his fault.

It's about time somebody from the club came out and acknowledged the fact that we have no money at all to sign players instead of perpetuating this myth that everything's fine.

It's not fucking fine.

We've got a manager who's only ever worked in an environment where his club were the only show in town and everybody wanted to play for them.

And if you got in that team, you fought your hardest to stay in it because there were 70,000 fans who would see you as a hero if you played well.

What have we got?

A bunch of disparate misfits who nobody else wants because they're not capable of doing the basics well enough to play for a half decent team.

So it's a perfect storm of shit - Unprepared / incapable manager + shite players.

League One here we come.

Thanks Phil, you smarmy, shady, bent, self-serving, dishonest, Teflon prick.

78Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 01 2015, 00:35

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are not going down.  There are at least 3 teams worse than us.

79Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 01 2015, 00:36

Cheers Phil.

Care to name names?

80Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 01 2015, 01:45

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MK Dons.  Preston.  Rotherham. They are the teams that will get relegated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum