Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ipswich 2-0 Bolton

+14
scottjames30
Jack Russell
Hipster_Nebula
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
NickFazer
rammywhite
Norpig
karlypants
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
wanderlust
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 12:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At a mere 60 miles away from here, this is one of the games I make a point of going to in recent seasons and we never fail not to disappoint. 

It's been effing dire and our current team doesn't really inspire me to think that this year will be any different.

I'm thinking of swerving this one and am telling myself that we might actually play well if I don't go - a bit like Bread's approach to Chatbox although I have no intention of a standing around in a truck stop instead.

Is anyone else on here daft enough to go to this one?

I'm predicting we'll lose 2 nil which should pile the pressure on NL BTW.

2Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 12:42

You can learn a lot about yourself and what you are capable of (given sufficient incentive) hanging round in a truck stop.

It changed me as a man.

Anyway, back to the game.

Ipswich aren't in the best of form at the moment, but given that we managed to make a very poor PNE team look half decent, I can't see beyond a resounding win for the home team.

2-0 sounds about right.

3Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 12:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll never go there again. I was there on the evening of the Barry Knight fiasco,and I've never fully recovered.
For some reason though,I feel strangely optimistic,and I'll go 1-1.

4Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 13:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-2 Madine & Clayton

5Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 13:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here are the Tractor Boys last 5 Championship results:

Ipswich 0-0 Cardiff
Notts Forest 1-1 Ipswich
Hull 3-0 Ipswich
Ipswich 0-0 Huddersfield
Blackburn 2-0 Ipswich

Having looked at their results above, it will be just our style to gift them a win as they are in need of one.

I'm also going for a 2-0 away loss.

6Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 13:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not many goals for either side but they will nick it 1-0

7Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 14:02

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No grounds for optimism- we'll lose again, but I haven't a clue what the score might be.1-0? Perhaps 4-0. But I'm fairly sure of the NIL bit for us.

8Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 19:42

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm there tomorrow so 3 pts for us is out of the question

9Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 19:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Never been to East Anglia and won't be breaking that pattern tomorrow sadly. I would like to go to Norwich/Ipswich but it's a big enough ask on a Saturday afternoon in some weird imaginary world where we play watchable football. Being as it's a Tuesday night and the football is dire, it's just out the question.

2-0 Ipswich.

10Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03 2015, 09:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:I'm there tomorrow so 3 pts for us is out of the question 
Three? One would be an improvement on recent seasons.
You up for a pint in that pub across the bridge by the railway station?

11Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03 2015, 10:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I would like to go to Norwich/Ipswich but it's a big enough ask on a Saturday afternoon in some weird imaginary world where we play watchable football. 
World's apart. Norwich is a nice ground, always full and a great atmosphere despite their crap song. Ipswich is a miserable shed.
Unfortunately we won't be playing Norwich for a while unless they slip up and we buck up our ideas.

12Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03 2015, 10:09

I thought you said you weren't going?

Carry on in this vein and you'll find yourself being wrenched from your armchair, before having your antimacacassars ceremonially ripped off and burnt.

We at the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Association: Armchair Division take a dim view of this kind of thing.

Think on.

13Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03 2015, 11:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I thought you said you weren't going?

Carry on in this vein and you'll find yourself being wrenched from your armchair, before having your antimacacassars ceremonially ripped off and burnt.

We at the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Association: Armchair Division take a dim view of this kind of thing.

Think on.

In what sense does "I'm thinking of swerving this one" mean I have decided not to go?
As it stands, I am firmly on the fence.
That said, I've realised I'll have to miss my 6 o'clock Pilates class if I go and I do enjoy a good stretch with the ladies.
However it looks like there will be no shortage of armchair fans tonight anyway so I don't think I'd be missed.
I'll decide later.

BTW there is no caca in my antimacassars - that's what they're there for.

14Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03 2015, 11:14

Well spotted, that man.

It looked odd when I typed it but I couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong.

Speling's not my strong suite.

15Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03 2015, 13:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Ipswich Town v Bolton

SETTING THE SCENE
Having kept a clean sheet away at Preston North End on Saturday, Wanderers travel to Ipswich Town on Tuesday night hoping to pick up a similar positive result at Portman Road.

After climbing two places over the course of the weekend, Neil Lennon will be eager for his side to continue that progression ahead of next weekend’s home clash against Bristol City in the Whites’ final match before the November international break.

Meanwhile, hosts Ipswich come into the tie winless in their last eight matches, having scored just one goal in October and without a home win since August, leaving Bolton keen to take advantage on what historically proves to be a tricky away day for the Trotters. 

TEAM NEWS
Prince-Desire Gouano returns after serving a one-game suspension, but Dean Moxey remains unlikely to feature as he continues to battle an ongoing toe injury.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Having missed Saturday’s trip to Preston, Mark Davies and Stephen Dobbie both await late fitness tests, while Shola Ameobi, Liam Feeney, Derik Osede and Jay Spearing will all be assessed after suffering knocks at Deepdale.

Elsewhere, Zach Clough (shoulder) and Wellington Silva (hamstring) remains a long-term absentee. 

LAST IPSWICH XI (v Cardiff City, D0-0)
Gerken, Parr, Chambers, Smith, Berra, Maitland-Niles (Oar 81), Skuse, Bru, Murphy (Pitman 81), McGoldrick, Sears.

ONE TO WATCH
Ipswich Town’s leading goalscorer so far this season with four goals, Freddie Sears comes into Tuesday night’s match having not found the back in his last eight games as the Tractor Boys’ winless run continues.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A January signing from Colchester United, the forward has proven a valuable signing for Mick McCarthy’s side since moving to Portman Road, averaging a goal every two Championship starts with 13 strikes to his name.

Having come through the ranks at West Ham United, Sears finished last season with 23 goals in all competitions for Colchester and Ipswich, helping the U’s avoid relegation to League Two before aiding the Tractor Boys’ push for the play-offs.

60 Second Press Conference:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03 2015, 13:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Darren Deadman to take charge of Ipswich Town trip

Darren Deadman will officiate of Wanderers’ visit to Ipswich Town on Tuesday night.

An experienced Football League official, the Cambridgeshire-based referee ran the rule over his first Championship fixture back in January 2006.

In total, he has taken charge of four Bolton games in the past with the Whites winning three and drawing one – a 2-2 draw away at Yeovil Town in March 2014 being his most recent Trotters outing.

Mr Deadman has overseen 11 games so far this season, dishing out 32 yellow cards and one red card.

Elliott Kaye and Robert Hyde will run the line, while Frederick Graham is the fourth official.

17Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03 2015, 13:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

18Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03 2015, 13:24

You could have saved yourself a lot of time and effort there, Karl, by just posting "We are shit and will more than likely lose."

19Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03 2015, 13:25

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Was just reading about the game here.

Forgot Campo played for them for a bit.

20Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03 2015, 14:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Breadman wrote:I thought you said you weren't going?

Think on.

In what sense does "I'm thinking of swerving this one" mean I have decided not to go?
As it stands, I am firmly on the fence.
That said, I've realised I'll have to miss my 6 o'clock Pilates class if I go and I do enjoy a good stretch with the ladies.
However it looks like there will be no shortage of armchair fans tonight anyway so I don't think I'd be missed.
I'll decide later.

BTW there is no caca in my antimacassars - that's what they're there for.
Looking increasingly likely you'll be getting your way after today's events Bread. Fairly strong chance I'll be crying into my beer via the Chatbox the way things are shaping up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum