Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cod Wallop: Wanderers miss out to Fleetwood Town for Everton winger 's services

+2
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers have been beaten to the punch by League One Fleetwood Town to sign Everton striker David Henen on loan.

The Bolton News understands Neil Lennon spoke with the highly-rated Belgian forward about a move to the Macron Stadium in the last few days and was optimistic about his chances of completing the transfer next week.

But as the move waited in limbo, ambitious Fleetwood have pounced on the opportunity to snatch the highly-rated 19-year-old out from under the Whites’ noses and were expecting to confirm his signature last night.

Henen is tipped for big things on Merseyside and has been a regular for the development squad this season, scoring his first Blues goal in a 2-0 win at Southampton.

Roberto Martinez has pushed for the youngster to get some first-team exposure and that alerted Lennon, who has been on the lookout for some fresh blood in his attack.

Rotherham United had also expressed an interest in the former Olympiakos man, who has been capped at all junior levels by Belgium and can play on either wing.

Lennon has already wrapped up the signing of Rajiv van la Parra for a month but hinted he could bring a second player in ahead of the Reading game on November 21.

“It’s been evident for a little while now that we need a couple of players just to give the place a lift,” he said last Saturday. “We need some freshness and it’s something I’ll be working on over the international break.”

Meanwhile, Wanderers are to offer Torquay United goalkeeper Dan Lavercombe a trial at Euxton next week.

Lavercombe had a spell at Liverpool last season before returning to Plainmoor to force his way into the first team at the tender age of 18.

A product of the club’s academy, which was closed following a takeover earlier this year, the young keeper will spend a week with Wanderers in an effort to land a permanent deal.

Sheffield Wednesday have also tabled a similar offer and United player-boss Kevin Nicholson believes the experience will stand him in good stead either way.

“There are one or two clubs keeping an eye on Dan, and next week he may be going to train with one of them," he told the Western Morning Herald.

"He is a very good young goalkeeper.

“It's great for the club that a young player is attracting this sort of interest, and great for Dan too.”

The teenager made his Gulls debut last April in a 2-0 defeat against Aldershot Town but then conceded just one goal in the final four games of the season.

He lost his first team place to summer signing Fabian Spiess for the majority of this season but recently returned to the starting line-up and is expected to play for the Conference club against Barrow this weekend.

Source

losing out to fleetwood.............................the end is nigh

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thank fuck. We really don't need a "highly rated but never played a game in his life" player.

We need experience and a proven record at this level.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:Thank fuck. We really don't need a "highly rated but never played a game in his life" player.

We need experience and a proven record at this level.
Very funny. Where the fuck are we going to find one of them we could afford. At this point I would say pretty much anyone is better than what we have.

If he is going to play youngsters though, why not give the first team experience to one of our own rather than someone elses?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Very funny. Where the fuck are we going to find one of them we could afford. At this point I would say pretty much anyone is better than what we have.

It's Lennon's job to find players. You don't win games by blooding kids with no first team experience.

We need an old head who has played at this level.

Tash Whittam wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:

It's Lennon's job to find players. You don't win games by blooding kids with no first team experience.

i've given head to all who has played at this level.
Very Happy

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I very much doubt we missed out, more likely that we didn't want him.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He obviously needs someone who can create opportunities for our strikers. Experienced or promising, beggars can't be choosers.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Laughable ....   I heard the pecking order was :

Fleetwood
Dog & Partridge 11
Chorley
BWFC

So we didn't have much hope really.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some people just enjoy having a pop at bwfc.

Why the fuck would we want to spend what little money we have on an unproven kid? NL has bigger fish to fry

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:Some people just enjoy having a pop at bwfc.

Why the fuck would we want to spend what little money we have on an unproven kid? NL has bigger fish to fry

Boggers ..... it says in the article that Neil was optimistic about signing the kid. So he must have seen something about him. So better ask Neil your question not us.

Rotherham were also interested so they saw somat.

I think the point of the jesting is that the once mighty whites can't even sign a no name kid anymore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum