Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sports Shield ready to walk away from Wanderers takeover talks/ ST bid to buy club

+14
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
Bollotom2014
Chairmanda
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
FullofSprite
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEAN Holdsworth’s Sports Shield consortium are threatening to withdraw their offer to buy Wanderers, The Bolton News understands.

The company owned by popular former Whites striker has been linked with a takeover since the start of November and looked to be close to agreeing a deal after meeting the financial demands laid down by Eddie Davies.

It is believed Holdsworth’s bid had the backing of board members and a meeting today but now stands on the verge of collapse after some late complications.

Around £6million has been asked up front to cover shareholder loans secured against the stadium, while another £8m had been requested for future investment into next season.

Davies has been looking to sell the club after 13 years at the helm, which included a memorable Premier League spell and two European campaigns.

Despite speaking with several parties in the last few months, his continued dialogue with the Sports Shield bid appeared to make it the most likely to succeed.

But The Bolton News have also learned that the investment company have looked into two other football clubs and could now be willing to walk away in 48 hours after doing all they can to meet what Davies wants.

That would leave the Whites is a serious bind – with a rival Korean-backed bid appearing to receive little boardroom backing.

The newly-formed Supporters’ Trust have achieved astonishing results in a short amount of time but are not yet in a financial position to mount a full takeover, although hybrid ownership similar to that at Portsmouth could be a possibility.  

Fans have been clamouring for an end to the saga, which has had a devastating impact on and off the field at the Macron Stadium, not to mention on Davies’s own legacy as an owner.

The Bolton News has made an official request for an interview with the Wanderers board to give some clarity on the situation.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Boggersbelief on Thu Jan 28 2016, 22:26; edited 1 time in total

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cutting and pasting this from another thread because I think it's pertinent. Hipster asked why Dean Holdsworth was involved at all and why a mega rich consortium would even need him. This was my reply and I think it fits in with the article you've posted boggers. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Holdsworth's presence is for a very obvious reason. It's there as a familiar face to try and gain the fan's trust and favour from the off. What is less clear is why the rest of Sports Shield feel the need for such a move. Is it to hide a true motive that we wouldn't like (eg asset stripping?) or to buy time for them to properly rearrange the club in a way that might not see immediate improvements on the field? (By that I mean are we more likely to be patient with someone who's popular with the fans in the boardroom as we were with Owen Coyle when he was manager?)

It's also unlikely that a mega rich person would buys us right now, such men and women tend to be mega-rich because they know a good deal when they see one and also a bad one. There isn't enough of fanbase or revenue stream for this club to be a big profit maker in the long run so I suspect what Dean is fronting is a group of people who are reasonably wealthy in their own right (ie seven or possibly eight figure bank accounts) but aren't mega rich in football club terms (like Mansour or Abramovitch). 

The thing that bothers me most is the comments from Iles and the BN about Eddie moving the goalposts again whenever SSI actually meet his demands. I'd like to know for sure if that is true and if so why is he doing it? The deafening silence from him and the boardroom makes him look worse every day.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If the old tw@t wants to move the goal posts, then stick your fucking hands in your pocket and pay your fucking staff, you senile old c"*t.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I quite like Iles but I think his reporting of the takeover has been abysmal.

He clearly has no inside contacts on the Davies side and such is dependant on leads from elsewhere.

That joke of a site Lion of Vienna has more inside news 'leaks' on the takeover than Iles has managed after over 7 or 8 years rapport with the club (how on earth has he not managed to gain news sources on the inside over that time???) and thus Iles has to run around after them begging for scraps.

At least two of the Lion of Vienna crew Chris Manning and Jonny Eckersley have been in since the beginning of the Supporters Trust - Iles seemingly did not know anything about it.

The Lion of Vienna broke the Holdsworth involvement - Iles did not know anything about that either.

Funny how the Lion of Vienna said they had three different sources from within the club telling them about the Holdsworth bid - yet Iles had non.

Funny again how the ST sprung from nowhere - yet is warmly welcomed by the club - yet Iles knew nothing about them getting organised and tapping up local businesses, either.

Now all of a sudden Iles is being told that Holdsworth may walk away - where do you think he found that out from - inside the club - I don't think so - do you?

It is almost as though he is being played - fed what other people want reporting - Iles certainly does not have prime information or contacts - that is for certain.

Has anyone else noticed that the most interesting bits of news have been broken from individuals not connected to the paper, Lion of Vienna or the Supporters Trust?  

The Disley connection, the background of people like Mike Smith in the Supporters Trust and now the connection with the head of the steering group of the ST and Gartside (and Warburton) has today been outed.

If a group of non professional reporters can find out about things that clearly some people would rather not be known - then what the fuck has Iles been doing - certainly not his job of free and honest reporting - that's for sure.

No doubt he will keep on reporting what he is being fed - but surely he should be getting his news storys directly himself and thus avoid being part of anyone else's agenda and game playing

I guess the old adage of 'don't believe all you read in the newspaper' is very much alive and true regarding Iles and the takeover.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:I quite like Iles but I think his reporting of the takeover has been abysmal.

He clearly has no inside contacts on the Davies side and such is dependant on leads from elsewhere.

That joke of a site Lion of Vienna has more inside news 'leaks' on the takeover than Iles has managed after over 7 or 8 years rapport with the club (how on earth has he not managed to gain news sources on the inside over that time???) and thus Iles has to run around after them begging for scraps.

At least two of the Lion of Vienna crew Chris Manning and Jonny Eckersley have been in since the beginning of the Supporters Trust - Iles seemingly did not know anything about it.

The Lion of Vienna broke the Holdsworth involvement - Iles did not know anything about that either.

Funny how the Lion of Vienna said they had three different sources from within the club telling them about the Holdsworth bid - yet Iles had non.

Funny again how the ST sprung from nowhere - yet is warmly welcomed by the club - yet Iles knew nothing about them getting organised and tapping up local businesses, either.

Now all of a sudden Iles is being told that Holdsworth may walk away - where do you think he found that out from - inside the club - I don't think so - do you?

It is almost as though he is being played - fed what other people want reporting - Iles certainly does not have prime information or contacts - that is for certain.

Has anyone else noticed that the most interesting bits of news have been broken from individuals not connected to the paper, Lion of Vienna or the Supporters Trust?  

The Disley connection, the background of people like Mike Smith in the Supporters Trust and now the connection with the head of the steering group of the ST and Gartside (and Warburton) has today been outed.

If a group of non professional reporters can find out about things that clearly some people would rather not be known - then what the fuck has Iles been doing - certainly not his job of free and honest reporting - that's for sure.

No doubt he will keep on reporting what he is being fed - but surely he should be getting his news storys directly himself and thus avoid being part of anyone else's agenda and game playing

I guess the old adage of 'don't believe all you read in the newspaper' is very much alive and true regarding Iles and the takeover.

One of the problems he has, is that when Gordon Sharrock was the reporter BN had a complaint (think from Warbies) about the negative reporting of BWFC in the Bolton Evening News and it was driving supporters away. Subsequently ever since then they have kept close to the club, rarely criticising it unless it's on soft topics.

Sometimes more annoyingly it won't even print length of players contracts (yes earnings are personal and should remain private) but does it really hurt the club to tell how long the contracts for?

Bolton News knows it needs the club to sell it's newspapers as that's why most people buy the Bolton News.

Personally think Iles knows a lot more than he's telling, but waits for other people to tell the story first.  That way any gossip picked up by other parties has been either confirmed or denied by the club.

Don't think the BN has done enough hard questioning of the club over debt and written enough criticism of last regime.

Also it's obvious Sports Shield is Marc Iles preferred bid and then the supporters trust. He's obviously getting his info from Deano. So be a little wary of the report

ED notorious for not answering the media, but if they'd have camped on his door step they may have got more information. Heard Lancashire Telegraph have people close or near to Venkys home doing this and that is owned by the same company.

Wonder how many Bolton News staff have joined the supporters trust?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well another little bit of news that broke today is once again in relationship to the openness and honesty of the ST and reported as usual from those who have nothing to do with Iles, the ST or Lion of Vienna.

This is a picture of Jamie Gregory - the ST's IT Support and Web Designer -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is a stock photograph off the internet from Shutterstock - spot the difference!

So much for transparency that we've been promised then.

And another thing.

If you scroll down the link I've put up of Gregory under his supposed picture of himself - he lists the job he is tasked to do on behalf of the ST - his first priority is to set up a ST forum!

So much for the better links and communications with existing forums that the original 'anonymous 8' stated was one of their major objectives when they first set up the ST just a few weeks back!

Seems they have not won the hearts and minds of the forumers on here, the Wanderers and several key people on Wanderers Ways - so their solution is to set up their own and presumably claim it represents the 'official' view of the public as it is on the officially recognised Supporters Trust itself!

Very devious and duplicitous.

So much for honesty and openness!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I first saw that photo I thought he didn't look very "Bolton". No one has teeth like that in Bolton.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

don't worry Sluffy i'm sticking with this forum even though i joined the ST, maybe wasn't such a good idea after all?

Natasha Whittam wrote:When I first saw that photo I thought he didn't look very "Bolton". No one has teeth like that in Bolton.

I do.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the Bumchums have a better chance of taking over BWFC than the ST.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy - Where is it claimed that this stock photo is the STs IT guy?

Sluffy wrote:Well another little bit of news that broke today is once again in relationship to the openness and honesty of the ST and reported as usual from those who have nothing to do with Iles, the ST or Lion of Vienna.

This is a picture of Jamie Gregory - the ST's IT Support and Web Designer -

This is a stock photograph off the internet from Shutterstock - spot the difference!

So much for transparency that we've been promised then.

And another thing.

If you scroll down the link I've put up of Gregory under his supposed picture of himself - he lists the job he is tasked to do on behalf of the ST - his first priority is to set up a ST forum!

So much for the better links and communications with existing forums that the original 'anonymous 8' stated was one of their major objectives when they first set up the ST just a few weeks back!

Seems they have not won the hearts and minds of the forumers on here, the Wanderers and several key people on Wanderers Ways - so their solution is to set up their own and presumably claim it represents the 'official' view of the public as it is on the officially recognised Supporters Trust itself!

Very devious and duplicitous.

So much for honesty and openness!

That's absolutely hilarious.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
I do.

1) You're not in Bolton.

2) You lie.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i bet he does the same on dating websites  Very Happy

click on the link lusty, very very devious and underhand and i want nothing to do with them now!  they can whistle for my ten quid!!!!  Nothing good is going to come of this unless a rival ST is set up which i think is unlikely because enough people won;t have done their research like everyone on here has

wanderlust wrote:Sluffy - Where is it claimed that this stock photo is the STs IT guy?

On their website.

The others have all got pictures of themselves on there but this guy has obviously confused "Picture of yourself looking trustworthy to get people to believe that we're genuine and sincere" with "Avi of some random hunk in a sweater."

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is me and my friend enjoying a friendly drink with the ST people:

Breadman wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Sluffy - Where is it claimed that this stock photo is the STs IT guy?

On their website.

The others have all got pictures of themselves on there but this guy has obviously confused "Picture of yourself looking trustworthy to get people to believe that we're genuine and sincere" with "Avi of some random hunk in a sweater."
Not just that but read the blurb, the guy in the photo is 40's at least yet jamie isn't old enough to remember burnden park.  Fucking laughable

Natasha Whittam wrote:This is me and my friend enjoying a friendly drink with the ST people:

:rofl:

I think it's more utter stupidity than a devious plan. This guy probably didn't want a picture of himself being made public so thought this was a good option, not realising how easy it is to search google for images.

If they're that stupid I hope they don't make any big decisions anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum