Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yakubu - Worth a punt?

+5
largehat
Reebok Trotter
Lofty_Love
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yakubu - Worth a punt? Empty Yakubu - Worth a punt? Mon Jun 18 2012, 21:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Off to China it looks like - Nixon article -

Blackburn Rovers goal machine Yakubu is set for talks with wealthy Chinese club Guangzhou about a bargain deal - and a £5 million-a-year contract.

The Nigerian hit man can leave the relegated club because of a clause in his contract and he is expected in the Far East tomorrow to sort out personal terms.

Yakubu was Blackburn's top scorer in their season of failure and his reputation is good enough for Guangzhou to offer him a stunning deal.

Rovers signed Yakubu from Everton at the start of last season but he demanded an escape clause and now he is getting his way - with the move a blow to West Ham who wanted to sign him too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-striker-yakubu-set-for-talks-895306

2Yakubu - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Yakubu - Worth a punt? Tue Jun 19 2012, 09:03

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

in answer to the question - yes.

however, due to this bit...

Rovers signed Yakubu from Everton at the start of last season but he
demanded an escape clause and now he is getting his way - with the move a
blow to West Ham who wanted to sign him too.

...no.

hes a mercenary obviously, why would he sign for Bolton if he wanted out of the dingles after relegation...

plus he will want stupid money, lets face it...he aint going to china for anything but money is he?

3Yakubu - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Yakubu - Worth a punt? Tue Jun 19 2012, 12:06

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What a waste, I get going to these crap leagues to cash in like Anelka at 33 but not at 29!

He could easily get signed up in the prem on a very decent wage, and for him to chose China just for money, at this stage of his career is just sad. Very pathetic.

4Yakubu - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Yakubu - Worth a punt? Tue Jun 19 2012, 12:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yak will follow the money and head for China.

5Yakubu - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Yakubu - Worth a punt? Tue Jun 19 2012, 12:14

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lofty_Love wrote:What a waste, I get going to these crap leagues to cash in like Anelka at 33 but not at 29!

He could easily get signed up in the prem on a very decent wage, and for him to chose China just for money, at this stage of his career is just sad. Very pathetic.

I think Eto'o set the benchmark for this. Chris Samba was the same. Is there a pattern of top African players being purely money motivated emerging? Time will tell.

6Yakubu - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Yakubu - Worth a punt? Tue Jun 19 2012, 12:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Football is all about money these days. There are fewer and fewer players who want to go down in history as a great player, they'd rather have twelve Ferrari's in the drive.

When I die I want people to say "that Natasha Whittam was the finest Marketing Executive I've ever known, a legend". No one will care what wages I was on or how many houses I own.

7Yakubu - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Yakubu - Worth a punt? Tue Jun 19 2012, 12:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Why is anyone surprised about this, the guy is from Nigeria so why would he give two hoots about staying in england.

Typical foreign footballer, money mad.

8Yakubu - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Yakubu - Worth a punt? Tue Jun 19 2012, 12:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Why is anyone surprised about this, the guy is from Nigeria so why would he give two hoots about staying in england.

Because by playing in China he will be a nobody. Playing in England he will still be able to look his kids in the eye and say he played to the highest level he could.

9Yakubu - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Yakubu - Worth a punt? Tue Jun 19 2012, 12:42

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

for some reason, African players tend to be the worst money grabbers around...

when questioned about it they give a sob story about shanty towns and ghettoes, being poor, playing with a stuffed bin bag etc etc...

10Yakubu - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Yakubu - Worth a punt? Tue Jun 19 2012, 12:58

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:for some reason, African players tend to be the worst money grabbers around...

when questioned about it they give a sob story about shanty towns and ghettoes, being poor, playing with a stuffed bin bag etc etc...

Can't blame 'em for that - have you seen the price of those blow-up dolls?

11Yakubu - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Yakubu - Worth a punt? Wed Jun 20 2012, 10:44

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Er ...I'd rather have twelve Ferrari's than be the finest Marketing Executive !

12Yakubu - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Yakubu - Worth a punt? Wed Jun 20 2012, 11:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spirit of 58 wrote:Er ...I'd rather have twelve Ferrari's than be the finest Marketing Executive !

I have 15 Ferrari's!

13Yakubu - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Yakubu - Worth a punt? Wed Jun 20 2012, 12:21

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Spirit of 58 wrote:Er ...I'd rather have twelve Ferrari's than be the finest Marketing Executive !

I have 15 Ferrari's!

Natasha, so do I - in my dreams !

Seriously though, I agree with the sentments you expressed in your earlier post. It's great to work with and be around people that have that outlook !

14Yakubu - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Yakubu - Worth a punt? Wed Jun 20 2012, 12:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Another player who could still walk into more sides in the league has gone to china: -

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7829038/Drogba-confirms-Shanghai-move

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum