Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers winger Feeney linked with Ipswich Town loan move

+5
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

LIAM Feeney is in talks with Ipswich Town over a loan move until the end of the season.

The winger – who has been one of Wanderers’ most consistent players of recent months – could be heading to Portman Road by the end of the week.

Feeney is one of the squad’s higher earners and is out of contract in the summer.

He has scored five goals in 41 appearances for the Whites and created more chances than any other player.

It is understood the news of his possible departure was broken to Neil Lennon in a meeting today shortly before the decision to part company with the manager.

Wanderers are also prepared to allow Jay Spearing to join another club on loan with a view to a permanent move in the summer.

A payment of £100,000 is due to Liverpool if the midfielder plays another league game and a request has been made to the Premier League club to defer the debt until the summer, which would allow him to compete for the Whites until the end of the season.

But with relegation all-but confirmed, the decision has been taken to start offloading some of the bigger earners with a view to rebuilding under a tighter financial structure in League One next term.

Jimmy Phillips has been drafted in to take charge of the team and is expected to blood a number of the club’s younger players over the last nine games.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Mar 15 2016, 21:01; edited 1 time in total

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Finally, people in charge at the club making tough but shrewd decisions. Get rid of the high earning under performing players as soon as possible. Save as much cash as you can to offer long term deals to the young talented players and for the new manager to build around them over the summer and get us back up at the first time of asking.

No doubt some tit will comment claiming that they're asset stripping.. But these are the same tits that think the likes of Feeney, Spearing and Davies are actually assets. We'll get fuck all for them.

This is just good business. Something which has been severely lacking for years now

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish they'd started with Mark Davies.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mick Mcarthy has confirmed they're signing Feeney on loan till end of the season

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i will be sad to see him go but with his wages it was inevitable i suppose. You can doubt his quality but he has never given less than 100% in every game he's played unlike Mavies to name but one

Such a McCarthy signing. Fair play to Feeney. Effort should be the bare minimum any footballer puts in, but somehow he's been one of not a few who has though.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Universally slagged by fans for months and months and now he's gone people are crying on twitter about how our club is a "joke" 

interesting.

Though after Lennon said he was actually our best performer a few people stopped slagging him for a week.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get rid of all the other shit now, intact just get rid of the whole team, and just beg borrow or steal a new one.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

just put this on another thread but it's official now, Feeney has left the club

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:just put this on another thread but it's official now, Feeney has left the club
This helps but unfortunately he was gone at the end of the season anyway and he was probably the easiest one to get rid of. Holding and Woolery will get snapped up straight away I'd have thought but the rest?

The tricky bit will be trying to place the 9 big earners on long contracts and no relegation clause.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:just put this on another thread but it's official now, Feeney has left the club
This helps but unfortunately he was gone at the end of the season anyway and he was probably the easiest one to get rid of. Holding and Woolery will get snapped up straight away I'd have thought but the rest?

The tricky bit will be trying to place the 9 big earners on long contracts and no relegation clause.
Why will Holding and Woolery suddenly be snapped up? Ones put in a handful of decent performances and the others played about 80 minutes.. It's highly likely they'll both sign new deals. 

You also keep claiming there's 9 big earners but naming no names.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Why will Holding and Woolery suddenly be snapped up? Ones put in a handful of decent performances and the others played about 80 minutes.. It's highly likely they'll both sign new deals. 

I've listed them several times and in one thread listed all the youth players who are out of contract at the end of the season as well.

As mentioned frequently, the players who will still be in contract at least until Summer 2017 include:

Mavies on £18k per week
Trotter £11k
Spearing who can only play half the games anyway £18k
Derik £10k
Dervite £9k
Moxey £8.5k
Madine £?
Clough £?
Pratley £14k
Amos £16k

NB: the average League 1 salary is around £1500 per week !!!

Why on earth would Holding and Woolery sign for BWFC? 
Holding and Woolery will get snapped up in the summer because they are young, they have Championship experience and we can't outbid anybody for their contracts.

Do the maths re the takeover and you'll see that serious savings have to be made.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I've listed them several times and in one thread listed all the youth players who are out of contract at the end of the season as well.

As mentioned frequently, the players who will still be in contract at least until Summer 2017 include:

Mavies on £18k per week
Trotter £11k
Derik £10k
Dervite £9k
Moxey £8.5k
Madine £?
Clough £?
Pratley £14k
Amos £16k

Holding and Woolery will get snapped up in the summer because they are young, they have Championship experience and we can't outbid anybody for their contracts.

Do the maths re the takeover and you'll see that serious savings have to be made.

So tell me how you know those wages are correct. Or are they just pulled out of thin air?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Mavies on £18k per week
Trotter £11k
Derik £10k
Dervite £9k
Moxey £8.5k
Madine £?
Clough £?
Pratley £14k
Amos £16k

So tell me how you know those wages are correct. Or are they just pulled out of thin air?
Thin air obviously. Or reading.

Now you tell me how the hell we are going to get rid of these guys to rebuild a team that is affordable?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Why on earth would holding and Woolery sign for bwfc?" Daft question but I'll answer it.

Perhaps they'll re-sign because one has been at the club since he was a kid and will have some form of loyalty to the place, they're both guaranteed first team football, both will be offered decent long term contracts and have their futures secured and who knows, maybe they might even want to help bring the club back from the brink.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Mavies on £18k per week
Trotter £11k
Derik £10k
Dervite £9k
Moxey £8.5k
Madine £?
Clough £?
Pratley £14k
Amos £16k

Thin air obviously. Or reading.

Now you tell me how the hell we are going to get rid of these guys to rebuild a team that is affordable?

Well, i don't know if those wages are correct but it's more likely they aren't. And in answer to your question, the new owners have already put the wheels in motion and are touting the big earners out to new clubs. 

They've been here under a week, Give them a fucking chance

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:"Why on earth would holding and Woolery sign for bwfc?" Daft question but I'll answer it.

Perhaps they'll re-sign because one has been at the club since he was a kid and will have some form of loyalty to the place, they're both guaranteed first team football, both will be offered decent long term contracts and have their futures secured and who knows, maybe they might even want to help bring the club back from the brink.
Loyalty? To the club that has axed 15 to 20 of the youth players that Holding grew up with in the last 5 years?  :rofl: 

Decent long-term contracts? Where are they going to come from when we have to slaughter the wage bill again despite still paying Premiership wages to has-beens in League 1?

We'll be lucky.

Trevor Birch got Eddie Davies to wipe off £180 million of debt in his first week.

Holdsworth's sent Feeney out on loan and paid Lennon off.

We should have sold to Birch.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:"Why on earth would holding and Woolery sign for bwfc?" Daft question but I'll answer it.

Loyalty? To the club that has axed 15 to 20 of the youth players that Holding grew up with in the last 5 years?  :rofl: 

Decent long-term contracts? Where are they going to come from when we have to slaughter the wage bill again despite still paying Premiership wages to has-beens in League 1?

We'll be lucky.

can you name those 15-20 axed youth players and tell me if any were unfairly axed, or was it just because they were shit? What are we supposed to play anyone and everyone?

Holding has shown he's good enough and we've given him the chance to prove so

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think Woolery will stay as he's still only relatively new from non-league, not so sure about Holding, didn't Reading put in a bid recently? I would love him to stay as he has massive potential and is the type of player we should be building a team around.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum