Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cardiff 2-1 Bolton

+14
scottjames30
Fabians Right Peg
gloswhite
okocha
observer
luckyPeterpiper
Jack Russell
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

21Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2016, 14:11

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Lots of talk from Jimmy about experimenting with more young players in this game so it's going to be interesting to see if they can cope and keep the score respectable.
Looking forward to seeing who is given a chance - Samizadeh perhaps?
He might go the whole hog - should be good.
Can't understand why Samizadeh is not on the bench or playing... unless he has agreed to sign for another club in July.

22Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2016, 14:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Lots of talk from Jimmy about experimenting with more young players in this game so it's going to be interesting to see if they can cope and keep the score respectable.
Looking forward to seeing who is given a chance - Samizadeh perhaps?
He might go the whole hog - should be good.
Can't understand why Samizadeh is not on the bench or playing... unless he has agreed to sign for another club in July.

He's not good enough

23Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2016, 14:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live guys! Smile

24Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2016, 14:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

still persevering with the lamp post upfront i see  Rolling Eyes

25Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2016, 17:21

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The footballing gods are having such fun at our expense. Today was the final straw......

26Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2016, 18:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Cardiff City 2-1 Bolton

IN BRIEF
Ten-man Bolton Wanderers fell to a cruel last-gasp defeat away at Cardiff City on Saturday.

Fielding a youthful side, the Whites took an early lead through Zach Clough’s stunning free-kick.

However, the tide of the match changed when Niall Maher was dismissed midway through the first half.

Kenneth Zohore equalised for Cardiff shortly after the break, and despite Clough and Kaiyne Woolery both going close for Bolton late on, Peter Whittingham stepped up to seal the points with a 90th minute penalty.

TEAM NEWS
Neil Danns replaces the injured Mark Davies while there were places on the substitutes' bench for youth team graduates Tyler Garratt and Jamie Thomas.

FIRST HALF
In a cagey start to proceedings at the Cardiff City Stadium, Wanderers were handed a couple of early scares as the hosts looked to threaten through a succession of set-pieces.

However, it was the Whites who took the lead through a set-piece of their own after Emile Heskey was hauled down 30-yards from the Bluebirds goal.

Zach Clough stepped up to take the free-kick and made no mistake as he curled a delightful effort into the top corner, leaving goalkeeper David Marshall stranded.

Looking to get the ball outwide to Craig Noone, Cardiff fought back immediately as Stuart O’Keefe volleyed wide of goal.

Continuing to find themselves under pressure, Bolton’s hopes of holding on for a first away win of the season were hindered after Niall Maher was dismissed for catching Noone with his elbow.

Forced into a defensive change as a result, Tyler Garratt was brought on at left-back for his Trotters debut in place of Darren Pratley, with David Wheater taking over the armband.

Noone remained heavily involved as the half wore on and forced a fine save from Ben Amos shortly before the interval after cutting inside.

But despite their man-disadvantage, Wanderers held on to retain their lead as the two sides went in at the break.

SECOND HALF
Oscar Threlkeld came to the rescue of the Whites shortly after the interval following a defensive mix-up as Cardiff continued to press forward.

However seen a Bluebirds cross divert goalwards past Amos, the defender recovered well to hack clear off the line with half-time substitute Sammy Ameobi lurking to convert.

Threlkeld was involved at the other end soon after as Bolton wasted a good opportunity to double their lead, as the defender burst forward to feed Emile Heskey.

Holding off two challenges on the edge of the box, the former England international squared the ball to an unmarked Clough, however he was unable to beat Marshall with a fierce drive across goal.

Clough went close again from the Trotters’ next attack after again linking up with Heskey, however, this time he failed to hit the target after running onto the targetman’s flick on.

But despite their bright start following the break, Wanderers were made to rue their missed chances as Cardiff soon levelled the scores, Kenneth Zohore finishing from an acute angle after muscling past Rob Holding.

Kaiyne Woolery replaced Heskey shortly before the hour-mark and almost made an immediate impact as he pounced on a short back-pass, only to be denied by Marshall.

Immediately breaking forward up the other end, Holding got back well to block Zohore and clear the danger when the forward looked to be clean-through the goal.

Ameobi and Noone both went close for Cardiff as the half wore on but were both unable to find a way past Amos.

Yet it was not all one-way traffic as the Bluebirds left gaps in defence for the Whites to attack in their own bids to push for a late winner.

Woolery and Clough both had only Marshall to rue for not snatching a late winner for Bolton after racing clear of the Cardiff defence.

But there was to be late heartbreak for the Trotters as debutant Garratt was adjudged to have fouled substitute Kadeem Harris in the Wanderers penalty area.

Peter Whittingham stepped up to take the spot-kick and made no mistake as he emphatically found the bottom corner, inflicting a cruel defeat on a youthful Whites side.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

27Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2016, 18:18

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It seems I missed the best JP led performance so far thanks to my evil bosses who insist I actually have to work for my salary (damn them!) and won't pay me just because I'm so incredibly handsome, charming, talented and intelligent. I'd tell you more about my all round awesomeness but modesty has always been my greatest quality. Very Happy

Anyway, back to the football. What little I have heard on the radio on my journey home said it was a very brave effort from our lads and that we deserved a point. Is that so or are the reporters just being kind? I realise we must have been on the back foot playing with 10 men for the better part of an hour but how did the kids really do?

28Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2016, 19:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:What little I have heard on the radio on my journey home said it was a very brave effort from our lads

It was a game of football between two sets of overpaid ponces.

The only "brave" people were the fools who paid to watch that shite.

29Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2016, 19:43

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think its pathetic, when, after our 44th game, the teams efforts are described as 'Brave', (and it's meant as a compliment !)

30Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2016, 19:57

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:What little I have heard on the radio on my journey home said it was a very brave effort from our lads

It was a game of football between two sets of overpaid ponces.

And people call me negative and miserable. Smile

Seriously though I do take your point about the fans who went but think you're being a tad unfair on the players. After all it must take some guts to pull on our shirt at all at the moment given how most of us feel about their 'efforts' in general.

31Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2016, 20:00

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:I think its pathetic, when, after our 44th game, the teams efforts are described as 'Brave', (and it's meant as a compliment !)
I know what you mean and I think you and Nat are mostly right. I was just curious as to whether or not the team today showed any fight or anything worth being hopeful about for next season. As I understand it quite a few of the younger players got a run out today and I was just wondering how they did. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm just as angry as anybody about what's happened this season but I'm looking (desperately I admit) for even a slight sign of something positive for the future.

32Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2016, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:After all it must take some guts to pull on our shirt at all at the moment given how most of us feel about their 'efforts' in general.

So if the club rings you up and says "we'll give you £5k per week to play", you'd turn them down?

These are highly paid professionals, they should fooking well act like it.

The wanker who got sent off should be told to find a new club. The skinny wanker.

33Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2016, 20:37

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:After all it must take some guts to pull on our shirt at all at the moment given how most of us feel about their 'efforts' in general.

So if the club rings you up and says "we'll give you £5k per week to play", you'd turn them down?

These are highly paid professionals, they should fooking well act like it.

The wanker who got sent off should be told to find a new club. The skinny wanker.
I won't comment on the sending off because I haven't seen it yet. As to the rest, well to be honest I agree with you for the most part. I was just curious about how the younger players performed. From what I've heard they worked hard and did fairly well despite being a man down for an hour and we were a little unlucky to concede right at the death. Of course we're all used to us giving away injury time goals but it seems that in this particular case we didn't do anything wrong when it happened. Is that the case or was it bad play on our part like it usually is?

34Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2016, 22:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:What little I have heard on the radio on my journey home said it was a very brave effort from our lads and that we deserved a point. Is that so or are the reporters just being kind? I realise we must have been on the back foot playing with 10 men for the better part of an hour but how did the kids really do?
Brave is the wrong word but it was surprising how long they held out for and there were some occasional bits of good play where we might have scored, Marshall saving 3 good efforts from Woolery and Clough. Woolery may have been awarded a pen on another day. Shame for Garrett and Maher but I guess this is exactly the sharp learning curve they need to be on whilst the results don't matter.
I had expected Jimmy to start more youngsters after his comments in the media though, but those who did play acquitted themselves reasonably well if the commentary is to be believed.

35Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 09:48

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

As one of the fools, thought it was one of the better performances away from home from a very young side. Garrett did well until the reckless challenge at the end, I would rather the young lads like Maher and Garrett get mistakes like that out the way now and learn for next year.

Even with 10 men we had two great chances to go 2-1 up through clough and woolery, seemed to me clough was playing slightly wider and had a much better all round game.

Woolery needs to learn to shoot / pass earlier hopefully it will come with a bit more coaching.

36Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 11:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it did sound on the radio like we did well especially with 10 men for so long, we have tp keep playing the kids for the last few games and even if they make mistakes it's giving them vital experience as they will be playing regularly next season

37Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 12:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:Garrett did well until the reckless challenge at the end, I would rather the young lads like Maher and Garrett get mistakes like that out the way now and learn for next year.

Happy clap alert!

I'm sorry, but Maher is a professional football, I'm pretty sure at some point on his rise up the ranks someone pointed out to him that elbowing your opponent is going to get you sent off.

And again, the stupid foul at the end was just plain foolish, nothing to do with age.

38Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 12:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

its inexperience linked to him being young so yes it does have something to do with age.

39Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 12:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bullshit. So only young footballers elbow people and give penalties away in the last minute?

40Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 13:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

no they all do it of course but yesterday was due to them being inexperienced at this level, they need to learn from it and move on but i wouldn't be too critical of them

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum