Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

19 years ago.....

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

119 years ago.....  Empty 19 years ago..... Mon Apr 25 2016, 12:28

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

If we had even a few players like this today we would be lucky. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last game at burnden. What a great time it was to be a wanderers supporter. Feel sorry for the youngsters that missed out.

219 years ago.....  Empty Re: 19 years ago..... Mon Apr 25 2016, 13:03

That was a great day / night.

It was a double whammy for me because my Decree Absolute from the first Mrs B came through on the same day - Cue much celebrating.

I got so drunk (before and) after the game, I woke up on some random woman's settee in Bradley Fold with absolutely no idea how I'd got there.

I still had my pants on, so I think I behaved and she made me a cup of tea and a bacon butty before calling me a taxi the next morning.

Happy days.

319 years ago.....  Empty Re: 19 years ago..... Mon Apr 25 2016, 13:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure that the same could be said of the fans of all the great teams from the past who achieved a lot more than Gudni SJM Allardyce et al achieved e.g. the great teams of the fifties who were never out of the top division (finished 5th twice and 4th once) and made two FA cup finals winning one in '58. 

The players we have nowadays are just not at the same level, but that's not their fault.

419 years ago.....  Empty Re: 19 years ago..... Mon Apr 25 2016, 14:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

it may not be their fault they aren't as skilled, but it is their fault that they didn't perform.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum