Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Pratley - BROKEN LEG! - OUT FOR 8 to 10 WEEKS!!!

+11
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
gloswhite
scottjames30
wanderlust
okocha
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Hahahahaha.  Are you really this thick.   You are the only person on any social media who thinks he deserves motm.  Hahahahahaha.  Hahahahahahah

Yes, people on social media are clearly the best society can offer.

I'll just leave it there. You can carry on making yourself less and less vesicle if you like. It's like kicking a puppy and i feel bad.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:You can carry on making yourself less and less vesicle if you like.

Fair play, that's the first time I've had to Google something you wrote.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Pratley was solid, not great but solid. I was there and he did more or less exactly what he was originally signed to do. He broke up their play and won the ball quite a bit. In the past he never needed to worry about passing etc, we had the likes Of Chungy, Mavies and Eagles all alongside him and Fabrice for that. 

I'm not saying he was amazing, just that his performance wasn't bad, especially given where we are and what his limitations are. In fact the whole team was solid, it was one of those where no one really stood out spectacularly for good or bad reasons imo. 

For some reason being live on Sky does seem to cause us to up our game particularly in terms of effort and that's what happened on Saturday. Shame we can't bribe Sky into making all our games live. We'd be in the CL in two years. Smile

So that's what we've been reduced to now, is it?

Describing running down blind alleys, giving the ball away cheaply, falling over into people and spending more time on your arse than on your feet as "solid".

Sorry Pete but I can't agree with what you've said.

Pratley was truly shite yesterday.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:So that's what we've been reduced to now, is it?

Describing running down blind alleys, giving the ball away cheaply, falling over into people and spending more time on your arse than on your feet as "solid".

Sorry Pete but I can't agree with what you've said.

Pratley was truly shite yesterday.
Bread I'm not saying he was brilliant (by the way he was awesome yesterday, he scored six in a garden kickabout. The day before wasn't so hot. Sorry mate, couldn't resist Very Happy ).

All I am saying is that he did by and large OK and yes, sadly that IS what we've been reduced to this season. OK is a major improvement over what we've seen in practically every other match we played. 

In truth I wouldn't have given an MOTM at all because no one was actually good but since it was given then I'd say Pratley was justifiable for it. That's not saying much by the way, it's just no one really stood out for me.

Well, he's still here and he's still captain.

Speaking about Pratley and Jay "Club Med" Spearing, PP has said:

"Prats is going to be captain, him and Jay (Spearing) have been the two that myself and Steve Parkin have sat down with and discussed discipline and fines."

This does not instil me with confidence about Parkinson's judgement and ability to read his players.

Hope I'm wrong...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Well, he's still here and he's still captain.

Speaking about Pratley and Jay "Club Med" Spearing, PP has said:

"Prats is going to be captain, him and Jay (Spearing) have been the two that myself and Steve Parkin have sat down with and discussed discipline and fines."

This does not instil me with confidence about Parkinson's judgement and ability to read his players.

Hope I'm wrong...

Who would you have chosen?

No idea - I've never spent any time in the company of the players and I've not seen them train.

However, I have seen Pratley play for Bolton and based on that, I'd rule him out.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why, does a captain have to be a good player?

There aren't exactly a shit load of choices, Pratley makes sense.

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why, does a captain have to be a good player?

There aren't exactly a shit load of choices, Pratley makes sense.

Is that a serious question?

If it is, go and have a Twirl then lie down in a dark room for a bit.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

What a weird statement. Sounds like one minute he's identifying the troublemakers and giving them a warning and the next minute appointing one of them captain.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why, does a captain have to be a good player?

:facepalm:

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Played well today.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any news about his injury?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Any news about his injury
Hopefully he's OK for our next league game, his work rate off the ball is brilliant.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Effing broken leg and out for 8 to 10 weeks!

Our good luck has no beginning.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles -

Bad news for #bwfc on Pratley front. Eight to 10 weeks out with a broken fibula.

Bad news?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Bad news?
So who in the squad can replace that workrate? Big chance for someone but Trotter will probably get the job despite his lethargic gait. Or change the system.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum