Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Extension options exercised on player contracts

+5
gloswhite
Sluffy
wanderlust
whatsgoingon
karlypants
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers can announce that the club has exercised one-year extension options in the contacts of Rob Holding, Kaiyne Woolery, Tom Walker and Alex Finney.

Holding, who recently claimed the club’s Player of the Year award, and Walker have both progressed through the Bolton Wanderers academy.

Woolery and Finney both joined Wanderers in 2014, from Tamworth and Leyton Orient respectively.

Each of the players are now contracted to Bolton Wanderers until the summer of 2017.

Second-year scholars Alex Honeyball, Callum Spooner and Alex Perry have all been offered a third-year scholarship and will also remain at the club for the coming season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

it's the maximum we can do whilst still under embargo.  Hopefully they will get new contracts when it is lifted.  (if it is)

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The embargo doesn't apply to contract extensions for players under the age of 24, so they could be extended without the embargo being lifted.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hi and welcome whatsgoingon! Smile 

Just out of interest, are you from one of the newly defunct forums?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These are the players out of contract this summer (I'm surprised they haven't sorted something out with Maher yet) and there are one or two others who it may be the end of the line for:

Woolery
Holding 
Wheater 
Dobbie

Finney
Danns
Heskey 
Wellington Silva
Tom Eaves 
Hayden White
Ross Fitzsimmons
Robert Hall
Quade Taylor
Jon Ceberio
Jordan Lussey
Tom Walker
Liam Feeney
Campbell Young 
Wassi
Niall Maher

Maybe the club are waiting to see if anything at all can be done about the high-earners (most of the current team) who are staying before they hand any more wages out?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Hi and welcome whatsgoingon! Smile 

Yes BA, was originally on the old Bolton News one, then Bolton Mad which was far to cliquey and then BA. Always with the same name so not one to mess about with 20 profiles

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:These are the players out of contract this summer (I'm surprised they haven't sorted something out with Maher yet) and there are one or two others who it may be the end of the line for:

Woolery
Holding 
Wheater 
Dobbie

Finney
Danns
Heskey 
Wellington Silva
Tom Eaves 
Hayden White
Ross Fitzsimmons
Robert Hall
Quade Taylor
Jon Ceberio
Jordan Lussey
Tom Walker
Liam Feeney
Campbell Young 
Wassi
Niall Maher

Maybe the club are waiting to see if anything at all can be done about the high-earners (most of the current team) who are staying before they hand any more wages out?
I believe that Maher's 12 month extension was activated last year so it needs a new agreement in that case. I would also like to know if we have one on Hayden White as he by all accounts has performed well for Blackpool and would give us 12 months very welcome experience in L1.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

whatsgoingon wrote:
karlypants wrote:Hi and welcome whatsgoingon! Smile 

Yes BA, was originally on the old Bolton News one, then Bolton Mad which was far to cliquey and then BA. Always with the same name so not one to mess about with 20 profiles

Hello and a very warm welcome mate.

Hope you find you like Nuts and decide to make this your new forum home.

Everyone is welcome here!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hi Whatsgoingon, welcome to the madhouse Very Happy

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cheers guys I'm getting a lump in my throat  Sad, there are a few names I recognise from the others so it looks interesting

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How do whatsgoingon. 

I'm not sure but if Maher is out of contract now as you suggest I don't think we can re-sign him or any of the others while the embargo remains in place, not on new contracts at least. 

However, if we do have extension options on some that haven't yet been exercised then I would hope we do that soon. I suspect that the young lads are going to be our main players next season and our best hope for being competitive in League 1. The more of them we can keep the better in my opinion. It's just a shame the big wage twerps who are still here can't be forced to go until there contracts are up. If we had the money to do it I'd dump the majority of them in a heartbeat.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Welcome aboard Whatsgoingon, I remember you from Bolton Mad (I was Donboy). Think you'll soon feel at home on here.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:How do whatsgoingon. 

I'm not sure but if Maher is out of contract now as you suggest I don't think we can re-sign him or any of the others while the embargo remains in place, not on new contracts at least. 

However, if we do have extension options on some that haven't yet been exercised then I would hope we do that soon. I suspect that the young lads are going to be our main players next season and our best hope for being competitive in League 1. The more of them we can keep the better in my opinion. It's just a shame the big wage twerps who are still here can't be forced to go until there contracts are up. If we had the money to do it I'd dump the majority of them in a heartbeat.
The embargo only means we can't sign extensions for players over 24, any players below 24 can be signed on extensions, on a different topic White is out of contract and was supposedly keen to stay at Blackpool, but if they go downwe could re sign him which I think would be a decent shout. Strong athletic, can play across the back four and has 12 mths experience in L1

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hip Priest wrote:Welcome aboard Whatsgoingon, I remember you from Bolton Mad (I was Donboy). Think you'll soon feel at home on here.
Cheers I remember the name,

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was quite keen on White when he arrived because he's strong and quick, but after seeing him a couple of times I thought he was struggling positionally and wasn't surprised he was farmed out.
Not convinced he's sorted it out yet after watching him get sent off a couple of times whilst out on loan when he was caught out. I get the feeling that the club loaned him out to prove he's good enough and regardless of what I think, I'm not convinced that the club think he's going to hack it but we'll see what the new manager thinks.

He could well end up as yet another player we pay good money for and then let go on a free.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i don't think there are many on Lustys list that if we haven't already signed we would re-sign, the senior pro's would want too much money and most of the younger lads on the list haven't been near the first team.
I would keep Maher though, surely Eaves can't get another contract?

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Ivan Wassi - Signed from Citeh and now out of contract with us. Can anybody tell me if he ever made an appearance for any of our teams? Was he injured from day one? Other than listed as a player I can find no trace of any appearances................No doubt he will be offered a new deal!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

never heard of him Barry to be honest, all the other ones i've at least heard the names or seem them on the U21 reports

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i don't think there are many on Lustys list that if we haven't already signed we would re-sign, the senior pro's would want too much money and most of the younger lads on the list haven't been near the first team.
I would keep Maher though, surely Eaves can't get another contract?
Maher seems OK but the list of senior players that remain in contract will probably prevent us from gambling on any of the others as we haven't got the money to pay next season's wages yet.
If we could get e.g. Spearing off the books without having to pay out compen or subsidise his wages in a loan deal, we might be able to sign one or two kids, but there are so many high earning ponces who are staying, the new manager is going to have to be a genius to create the capital to invest in the new squad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum